Eva 3.0/Q Next Time Preview Script & Images

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:54 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:Did Zeruel actually smack her in the face?

Yeah, Zeruel did indeed punch Eva-02 right in the head with the ribbon arms just before Rei comes up with the N2 missile. When we see Eva-02 after that, both when helping Rei and when crashing to meet Shinji, it's brains are dripping out of its skull on the right side. The skull of the Eva obviously would need extensive repair.

Eva-02: "Lick my plate!!" *picks at it with a coathanger*

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:37 pm

If the stories about the animators using an animation style that is supposed to match the words spoken by the characters is true, then someone should read Asuka's lips and figure out what she's saying?

By the way, this has me very excited. Finally a release date, some truly badass (albeit obviously unfinished) footage and rumors of the movie being too dark? Hell yes.

I have the feeling this will be an ending that will leave people empty. Not in a bad way, but it'll be sad and brutal but one of closure and maybe a little hope at least. In the vein of EOE but without a big question mark hanging on people's head.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Nico Nico has a few gag videos about what Asuka's saying. One is her shouting "nanahikari!" (Daddy's boy) from the 8th Angel battle http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15428354 . Another is a parody of some anime (I can't find the link now), but I'm not sure which anime it's parodying.

And somehow this video feels rather relevant with Q discussion. :smirk:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

Postby Kaname Langley » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:51 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Nico Nico has a few gag videos about what Asuka's saying. One is her shouting "nanahikari!" (Daddy's boy) from the 8th Angel battle http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15428354 . Another is a parody of some anime (I can't find the link now), but I'm not sure which anime it's parodying.

And somehow this video feels rather relevant with Q discussion. :smirk:

I cant watch those video´s
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:02 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:And somehow this video feels rather relevant with Q discussion. :smirk:

It was really funny, I never saw this video before, I'm unsure if he's cooler or even more ridiculous with Ode to Joy as BGM, maybe both.

@Kaname Langley: you have to register to view the video, it's not hard and it can be quite useful.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:18 am

People! Oi oi, this isn't the place for release date speculation! Go here for that!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gurren01Eva
Embryo

Postby Gurren01Eva » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Well judging from the red planet it looks like 3rd Impact is going to happen anyone else think that it's going to happen?
Gendo Ikari the man who will do any thing to get his goal.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Pardon the off topicness, but I just crossed over from that parallel universe you guys like to call "real life" after what I believe was almost a year of inactivity, so I'm a little dizzy. So we finally got some Q news huh? And a minor upgrade to the Q preview, showcasing a space dwelling unit-02 piloted by an eyepatched Asuka (Space Pirate? Is Samus gonna be in Q?). Apparently NERV did a great job in repairing both Asuka and her EVA.

I gotta admit though, as good as it is to receive news, those are just a bit too little too late, and the fact that Q is more than a year away is all the more aggravating. I've completely detached from the Evaverse in the past several months and it will be hard to reconnect to it once Q is released. I barely remember 2.0, and the thought of rewatching it is unexciting. That said, I wouldn't be able to leave this story before it concludes, so I'll be making the effort to awaken my inner Evageek next year and enjoy the remaining piece of the story alongside you, forum dwellers (I don't know if I could suffer through a 4.0 though, so I hope Q finishes it all). So long fellas, and see you next year, I'm crossing over again.

fadadio
Adam

Postby fadadio » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:48 pm

exited is a mass understatement for what I am feeling right now having seen that preview
I want Rei...GIVE HER BACK

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:04 am

That preview is the only time where you actually see a Rebuilt Evangelion in Rebuild of Evangelion, maybe they repair Unit 0 too?
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:58 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:maybe they repair Unit 0 too?

What Unit-00? All they have left of it are the bottom half of its legs. And the core pretty much belongs to Yui-sama now.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:37 pm

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:What Unit-00? All they have left of it are the bottom half of its legs. And the core pretty much belongs to Yui-sama now.

The angel did spit the head casing out. But whether enough biological samples of Unit-00 remain to regenerate is unknown, and in all likely hood what ever samples remain where contaminated by the angel.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Oh well, Unit-00 was never anyone's favorite anyway.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

tomfrom994
Adam

Postby tomfrom994 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:Oh well, Unit-00 was never anyone's favorite anyway.

I support this claim.

Fazmotron

Postby Fazmotron » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:15 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:But whether enough biological samples of Unit-00 remain to regenerate is unknown, and in all likely hood what ever samples remain where contaminated by the angel.

The amount of Eva left isn't really the problem, no core means no working Eva.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.

FAZMOTRON.com

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:32 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:The amount of Eva left isn't really the problem, no core means no working Eva.
I thought Nerv had the ability to create a cores, like the little one's surrounding the main core of Unit-01.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Brainman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:46 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:I thought Nerv had the ability to create a cores, like the little one's surrounding the main core of Unit-01.

Well if it were a new core it would need a new soul (or whatever the NME cores need) and therefore really wouldn't be considered Unit 00 anymore. And they probably wouldn't go to the trouble of recreating the old prototype from scratch in any case. They'd just make a new one, like Unit 08.

Fazmotron

Postby Fazmotron » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:06 am

View Original PostBrainman wrote:Well if it were a new core it would need a new soul (or whatever the NME cores need) and therefore really wouldn't be considered Unit 00 anymore. <snip>
They'd just make a new one, like Unit 08.

Quoted for emphasis.
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.

FAZMOTRON.com

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Since actual speculation goes elsewhere, going to lock this until we have a new preview or if some new scripts/storyboards appear for them.

Akhbar_25
Embryo

New Trailer Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 Quickening

Postby Akhbar_25 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Hello People.

Do not know if anyone else has seen this but here you have it:

I just found this image on the web, searching for Evangelion Images. Looks like the EVA 02 is being repair or some sort.

*** Copy and paste it *** does not work when you click on it. Don't know why. Found it on this site http://evachan.tumblr.com/

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqjsqoYV8R1qa1ymfo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1316990203&Signature=31zMy%2FaoKGfthx6sCwbKKio6dag%3D

Then I did a search on YouTube and found this video. Looks real, and seems that Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 is going to be release until 2012.

Any thougths?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hROEUy01RU
[/spoiler]
"He was aware that he was still a child"
"Don't be"

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”