A couple Reiquarium pictures in more detail

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
someguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby someguy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Since discussion of the previous image has died down, maybe there are thoughts on what exactly is going on here:

At first I thought it was a high angle of the room the Reiquarium is in, but I don't think the brain is the metallic brain-like object above the central tube so maybe it's something else.
<\-=/>

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:22 pm

View Original Postsomeguy wrote:Since discussion of the previous image has died down, maybe there are thoughts on what exactly is going on here:

At first I thought it was a high angle of the room the Reiquarium is in, but I don't think the brain is the metallic brain-like object above the central tube so maybe it's something else.

Maybe it's not a brain. The "wrinkles" kind of look like birds. If the white background is the moon or the sun, the "wrinkles" are a flock of birds.

John
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby John » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:27 pm

I thought those were body pieces, look at the top-right one.
Or also that white big thing at down-center looks like a hand.
We'll destroy everything , and we'll keep destroying it until it looks like all the bad things -all the sad things- never even happened at all.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:20 pm

View Original PostJohn wrote:I thought those were body pieces, look at the top-right one.
Or also that white big thing at down-center looks like a hand.

Nope, Ritsuko hasn't destroyed the clones at this point. That happens after all the images stop flashing.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

John
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby John » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 pm

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:Nope, Ritsuko hasn't destroyed the clones at this point. That happens after all the images stop flashing.

I know. I wouldn't post on this thread until I watched that scene a couple of times. :rei_blush:
Well, then now I feel more curious about that "hand" at the center.
We'll destroy everything , and we'll keep destroying it until it looks like all the bad things -all the sad things- never even happened at all.

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:56 pm

If anything, it reminds me of the artificial brain in the Magi. It looks like a hand going through an opening of some sort, and something that looks very much like a brain above that. Perhaps the installation of the brain? Just trying to think of anything that could connect this to EVA...

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:30 am

I see people running from an explosion and a whole lot of people who weren't fast enough. Bottom white = guy in a coat falling backwards and sideways. White above = guy being thrown forward, hands raised above ducked head. Black on right = someone facing the explosion, trying to cover face with one hand.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:28 am

View Original Postsomeguy wrote:IMO, the simplest, fastest, and best way to find out what this is will be to post it on 4chan every few days until someone there guesses what it is. I've solved complicated questions I couldn't figure out through Google in minutes using 4chan :P
Well, one try didn't work

http://archive.easymodo.net/a/thread/54363261
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

someguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby someguy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:55 pm

"Dammit Someguy, is that you?" :hahaha: I only tried twice and nobody responded. I also didn't use my name. Maybe someone Tineye'd it.

edit: Wait, it's too new for someone to have Tineye'd it. It must have been an EG regular who also frequents 4chan. THE PLOT THICKENS.

Anyway, several mentioned hand, and now I'm pretty sure these are fingers:

I think the brain-thing is a brain, but no idea about the rest of the image, unless the splotch in the bottom right is blood.
<\-=/>

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:06 pm

I actually see some Rei's in there (if that is not a no shit situation).
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

someguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby someguy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:17 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:I actually see some Rei's in there (if that is not a no shit situation).

Depends on if they're from here: http://wiki.evageeks.org/File:Tank_image_17.jpg
<\-=/>

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:19 pm

The black blob on the right looks like hair. There's also a face, (the white area touching the hair's left), with a long strand of hair over each shoulder. He's looking at something in his outstreached hands.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:36 pm

You nailed it, someguy.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:04 pm

same treatment as before.

Now it looks like a skeletal figure in a cave full of bats laughing maniacally as someone cowers... but that can't possibly be it.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

I want to say it's a collage of 2 images; the "bats" may be referencing the MP Evas (as in here, albeit not flying in a proper circle), and the bottom looks kind of like a 3I halo-thing sucking in debris (or maybe the massive hole in the roof of the Geofront?):

I would have put the arrows and stuff in color, but it was in grayscale when I opened it and I didn't feel like changing it. So yeah.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:32 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Image

same treatment as before.

Now it looks like a skeletal figure in a cave full of bats laughing maniacally as someone cowers... but that can't possibly be it.

That definitely looks like a woman on the right, with her arms out at the sides. Something like a Kumbaya circle, if you know what I mean.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Adam holding the White Moon at Second Impact, the way Rei did the Black Moon at Third Impact?
I am all there is.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:16 pm

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:Adam holding the White Moon at Second Impact, the way Rei did the Black Moon at Third Impact?

That's possible, but the angle is weird don't you think? I'm still thinking those "Wrinkles" are birds or something, but again the angle is weird. If that is the moon or the sun, why is it lower then the angle that the camera took the picture from?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:02 pm

I was watching an episode of Nova, and I did a wild take when this image was shown.

James Jeans, Walter Adams, and Edwin Hubble at the Mt. Wilson Observatory. Remind you of anything?

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Ha! Wow, that's awesome.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”