A couple Reiquarium pictures in more detail

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 am

The things I see (not actually sure about the little people):

[wikimg:jooidmjy]File:Mysterysolved.PNG[/wikimg:jooidmjy]

The giant head is facing us but tilted a little toward the black blob in the bottom right.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:19 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The dark area in the middle now looks like there are boxes irregularly arranged on a dark surface rather than being a heap of stuff; but it doesn't gel in perspective with the trees+obelisk+length of curtain wall in the top left quadrant; and neither with the phone booth and cabin in the top right.

Those boxes are what I thought were coffins.

thewayneiac wrote:The giant head is facing us but tilted a little toward the black blob in the bottom right.

The "head" is implied that of Adam, right? Well, if it is, I don't think that it could be a head (or at least the head of Adam) because, if you look at this picture:
SPOILER: Show

Adam's head is facing downward during excavation. You said that the head was facing towards us, but that shouldn't be the case if it was Adam.

On the flip side, though, if we reasoned that the head was facing downward, and it's just that we can't see all of Adam having been excavated yet, I could fathom that this picture is an excavation of Adam.
The little cross-shaped object in the center of the picture could be a half-excavated Spear of Longinus and the two things on the side could be half-excavated arms, perhaps...?
SPOILER: Show
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

someguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby someguy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:48 pm

If that's a head it's remarkably featureless. If it's the top of Adam's head facing into the ground, the featurelessness might make sense, but what is the black blob right underneath it?
<\-=/>

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:34 pm

I can totally see the face that Seele outlined. I decided to be a prick and point out all the features, as well as enhance them with the burn tool.

It's very much reminiscent of a stone idol or a mummy. It's very hard and skeletal.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 pm

View Original Postsomeguy wrote:If that's a head it's remarkably featureless. If it's the top of Adam's head facing into the ground, the featurelessness might make sense, but what is the black blob right underneath it?

Actually, I sort of see a nose and mouth, but just a blur where the eyes should be.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Lilith sleeping in a lake in the forest holding a giant ...bone, I guess?

Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Deyno
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Deyno » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:07 pm

no way. that isn't Lilith, forget it
there is a house and trees.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:28 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Lilith sleeping in a lake in the forest holding a giant ...bone, I guess?

While a lone gigantic top-hat looks somberly on.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

chloe00
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chloe00 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:32 am

Hey i like these pictures.. These are superb

someguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby someguy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:07 am

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:Actually, I sort of see a nose and mouth, but just a blur where the eyes should be.

On the thing on the bottom or the thing towards the top?
<\-=/>

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:32 am

Actually looking at the indistinct shapes to the sides... could we be seeing a couple dudes tossing a corpse off the side of a ship into the new dead sea?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 am

View Original Postsomeguy wrote:On the thing on the bottom or the thing towards the top?

The thing on the bottom. If it is a giant head it looks like some sort of cap has been pulled down over its forehead and eyes.
I am all there is.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 am

My take.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:45 pm

^ I don't think reflections of light in water can be right. There's definately a large piece of equipment dead center in this image. If it is a kneeling man, there's another guy immediately to his right, circled in orange on Seele00TextOnly's image above (is he wearing a bowtie?), and they are both looking at a readout on the device.
I am all there is.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:43 pm

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:^ I don't think reflections of light in water can be right. There's definately a large piece of equipment dead center in this image. If it is a kneeling man, there's another guy immediately to his right, circled in orange on Seele00TextOnly's image above (is he wearing a bowtie?), and they are both looking at a readout on the device.

I don't see the person to his immediate right in Seele's images. I see "Scientists" but their proportions are much too small if the kneeling man is that big. Do you mean the "Statue"? The reason I think it's a statue is that he's standing on some form of a ledge, and the way his feet are split. It's an odd stance, to have your feet pointing left and right, heels touching, at such an extreme angle. I can't imagine it being anything other then a statue on a ledge overlooking the "Kneeling Man".

someguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby someguy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Those are absolutely not feet, that is some object bolted to the ground with an oval flange-like object. It almost looks like a fire hydrant but I couldn't find one that didn't use a round flange at the base. I also disagree with the statue assesment, as statues are not bolted to the ground with oval flange. EDIT: Well, I'm not sure... I've always thought it was bolted, and you can see what appears to be a bolt on the right, but I guess you can't see one on the left. Regardless, it is definitely a solid shape, not feet.

Regarding the thing everyone keeps saying is a building, as far as I can tell the line immediately to its right goes upward and then curves 90 degrees to the left, forming what people are taking as the roof. The curved line looks like a traffic signal, or freeway sign, sort of like here: http://www.archicentral.com/wp-content/images/Parasite-Catalyst-Freeway-Wind-Turbines-By-Joseph-De-Le-Ree.jpg (in the background, the foreground thing is some CG architectural design)
Last edited by someguy on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<\-=/>

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:46 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I don't see the person to his immediate right in Seele's images. I see "Scientists" but their proportions are much too small if the kneeling man is that big. Do you mean the "Statue"? The reason I think it's a statue is that he's standing on some form of a ledge, and the way his feet are split. It's an odd stance, to have your feet pointing left and right, heels touching, at such an extreme angle. I can't imagine it being anything other then a statue on a ledge overlooking the "Kneeling Man".

I mean the midmost "scientist" in Seele's image. The third from the left or second from the right. He's not as out of proportion as he appears because we are only seeing his head and shoulders. In your image the top of his face is directly to the right if the word "water". He's staring up and to the left.
I am all there is.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:56 pm

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:I mean the midmost "scientist" in Seele's image. The third from the left or second from the right. He's not as out of proportion as he appears because we are only seeing his head and shoulders. In your image the top of his face is directly to the right if the word "water". He's staring up and to the left.
'
I think I see "His" face, but it's way to blurry. The "kneeling man", "statue", and "building" in the background are pretty sharp, he just looks ghostly, assuming I'm seeing what you are.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:27 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:'
I think I see "His" face, but it's way to blurry. The "kneeling man", "statue", and "building" in the background are pretty sharp, he just looks ghostly, assuming I'm seeing what you are.

I agree about the building, but to me "Kneeling Man" and "statue" just look like big blobs. "Kneeling Man" may or may not be there (I'm still holding out for the giant head); I don't see a statue in the black blob at all. Is the smaller dark spot where the head should be even attached to it? Or is it further away down at ground level? The only clear detail is the brace bolted to the tile floor. To me, bowtie guy is at least as clear as kneeling man, about 50/50. (Of course, I can't have both Bowtie Guy and Giant Head; one of them would be wildly out of proportion.)
I am all there is.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”