What anime are you watching right now? Apr-Sep 11

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:12 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I'll be sure to eat your little terrible pop music attack.

guhh, learn to read. I mentioned magical girls and SoL, nothing about pop music :hohum:

(Bodolzar was the Zentraedi leader in SDF Macross)

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Not even if I reviewed it and tried to convince you?

uhhhh.... yeah? :uhh:

Sure, it's not impossible that you manage to convince me otherwise in principle but I can't say that feels like a likely outcome :tongue:

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Alrighty then! TDSA will take on Orguss and try to convince Xard to watch it! That reminds me, where's your Aquarion review? :tongue:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:18 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Alrighty then! TDSA will take on Orguss and try to convince Xard to watch it! That reminds me, where's your Aquarion review? :tongue:

Coming when my new internet connection stops being rocky as hell

(can't even DL any animoes with this thing :( )

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:27 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I have no interest sadly
You sure are missing out if you think that this is not actiony enough for you. Or how about this? Or this? Or this?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:59 pm

I just finished watching the two episode Ninja Turtles OVA. It was bizarre and mostly nonsensical, but it did seem to focus on Shredder, which was cool. :grin:

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:59 pm

You sure are missing out if you think that this is not actiony enough for you. Or how about this? Or this? Or this?

They don't interest me or at least not now, sorry Mr. Tines.

Alrighty, Orguss episode 1! So the episode starts off with the main character named Kei running from some old guy after knocking up his daughter and getting away on a motorcycle thanks to his friend named Olson. Both of them happen to be fighter pilots of Broncos (think GEWALKER mode minus everything other than legs) and on this misison they activate the Space-Time Oscillation Bomb, which transports Kei to a world filled with flying chicken walkers, talking mini-iguanadons, and women with tentacles from their backs. So yeah, that pretty much sums up what I just watched. :lol:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:23 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:They don't interest me or at least not now
Can't handle cute girls doing manly things, I see. Not homoerotic enough, then?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Not homoerotic enough, then?

I think you're looking too deep into that.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:09 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:I'm pretty sure they can't put explicit gay sex to tv anime even if it airs after midnight...
Not fare. :irked:

Watched Hanasaku Iroha. It was ok, though the ending reeked of fake drama. Also, Ohana's mom is now extra awesome.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Rewatching NGE, this time the dub.

oh my god they can't pronounce Misato's name. It's not Mee-saw-toe.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:19 pm

It's not Mee-saw-toe.

It's not? *has not seen subbed version, yes I'm serious*

Anyway, Orguss episode 2! In this episode we learn the fact that Kei is a very aggressive pervert (no wonder he had a small harem), he has to be the most assertive real robot pilot I've ever seen. So yeah, apparently the story of what went on is that the big TSO Bomb merges multiple dimensions together and now the planet is in chaos (although the jungle they're in just has the problem of having Chilam patrols). Kei tries to run away and kind of fails, giving us a cliffhanger for the next episode. I will say this much about the series this far: It's definitely more edgy than Macross and the trailers sure as hell don't seem like troll bait.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:26 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:It's not? *has not seen subbed version, yes I'm serious*

Nope it's not.

It's Mar-sii-taw.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:21 am

Got around to Redline finally.

Can't believe this screenshot hasn't taken off on /a/...

The ending is a bit abrupt, but really there wasn't a whole lot else they could have done...it's pretty obvious from the beginning that JP doesn't care about the larger political situation in the slightest, nor even the money particularly, and the narrative is geared towards bringing out what he does care about, not explaining the dirty laundry of the Roboworld military-industrial complex or whatever. The giant monster hatesex is eye-candy, the hot green-haired chick is the plot. (And +1 to Enokido and whoever else for making Sonoshii a tolerable character by the way, The Woman Whose Vagina Is The Purpose Of The Story is a cliche seldom interesting to watch)
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:32 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:It's Mar-sii-taw.

It´s Mi-Sa-To.

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:46 am

Regular intonation also.
(I hate subs because for some reason they all seem to be yellow and consequently is an eye sore, so I have to then switch it off, and dubs I hate because I do not need it and my ear starts to hurt. I try to buy the original Japanese BD/DVD instead of western releases unless I get desperate)
I feel old

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:10 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote: the hot green-haired chick is the plot. (And +1 to Enokido and whoever else for making Sonoshii a tolerable character by the way, The Woman Whose Vagina Is The Purpose Of The Story is a cliche seldom interesting to watch)

I know you said some other stuff, but this is the most important part, and the reason that I continue to remember Redline as a great film rather than a good film. Sue me - I'll still believe Sonoshee is awesomely hot. Or is it Sonoshii now? It was Sonoshee in the Madman sub...
Voluntary Illusion.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 am

Watched the new Hanasaku Iroha episode.

Something tells me that I´m not going to like the ending.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:51 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:It´s Mi-Sa-To.

Thank you, that was the joke.

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Okay, Orguss episode 3! Obviously Kei survives the ambush and decides to stay with Emaans not based on safety or survival but rather the fact that they have good food and he can hook up with four different women (no, really, that's his actual reasoning). The Chilam is basically going "Oh s**t we better start acting serious" because of them having a good track record or something, which probably won't help them considering they're currently the only mooks in any media I've seen that CRASHED INTO EACH OTHER WITH THEIR ISHKICKS WHEN THEY HAD ENOUGH ROOM TO DODGE! Seriously, what idiots. Finally the ep ends with them buying a mu robot (who's name they never said) who's pretty much going to be the typical tag along. Next episode features a breast shot (no joke, it was in the preview) and the arrival of Orguss.

Well, I can safely say Xard will hate this series, it's actually kind of fun so far.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:22 pm

And my head is over there.

Caught up on Tiger&Bunny.
Eh.

Return to “Old Stickies”