NME's production schedule (3.0 & 4.0?)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
JupiterCallisto
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby JupiterCallisto » Mon May 10, 2010 3:06 am

I think you guys are ignoring the pacing...

1.0 covered the introduction arc aka first 6 episodes of the series

2.0 managed to shorten the action arc into 100 minutes so another 13 episodes are done also. That's 19 so far.

3.0 could cover the next 4 episodes - which are the episodes that set up the EoE, and that itself could earn it's own movie.

And 4.0 could obviously cover the finale episodes and then we have all 26.

Anno knows what he's doing.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Nah... I don't think the pacing works anymore, most likely episodes 20 and onwards will be totally different... I mean: Unit 06 has to DO something yet; there's a LOT of Mari to find out; they have to explain why unit 07 was not mentioned and what's the fuzz whit unit 08 (that the trailer says is in construction, so more likely will appear 'til 4.0). Besides Kaworu showed up much early (earlier than in NGE manga even), Rei and Shinji are still in unit 01 AND there are at least other 2 angels out there, who knows if they're Arael (praying for it) and Armisael, or new thingies or worse! Demons!
I think the plot is way to far away of a "Rebuild", but my best guess is that 3.0 will cover up to the destruction of the last angel and 4.0 will cover the 3rd impact, if it even is the third, I mean, in the last moment it COULD turn out that they're still in EoE 3rd...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:07 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:and 4.0 will cover the 3rd impact

The third impact was already covered at the end of 2.0 as stated by Ritsuko ("The continuation of second impact: Third impact!") and as seen in the preview for Q ("Tokyo-3 Near Third Impact Ground Zero" / "Near Third Impact Eyewitness Debriefing in Progress"). Sure Kaworu stopped it for now but my prediction is that the Rebuild series won't head towards the same ground tread by EoE.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat May 15, 2010 12:19 am

View Original Postarael wrote:there are at least other 2 angels out there, who knows if they're Arael (praying for it) and Armisael

I think it's a pretty safe bet to count Kaworu as one. That probably means one more new Angel. And, as previously mentioned, function wise Arael and Armisael were incorporated into Bardiel and Zeruel, respectively.

in the last moment it COULD turn out that they're still in EoE 3rd...

Well, even though i think that having seen the previous series is a prerequisite to get the maximum out of Rebuild, this is supposed to be a retelling that, when complete, provides an experience that can be fully appreciated on it's own. Turning back to the original continuity would defeat this purpose.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Fri May 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Now that we have our hands on 2.22 the wait for the next two flicks begins again...
Are we there yet?

simon
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby simon » Fri May 28, 2010 5:31 pm

And the worst thing is that most of us are not waiting for the theatrical premiere but the year after blu-ray release. However, it ain't gonna be a hard time for me since I know the movies aren't going to be what I would wish for. I really had wished they would turn the 3rd and 4th movie into a dark, miserable, mysterious, painful, naturalistic, psychedelic turnabout but since they announced MORE fanservice I don't care.

I don't care. :(
"Images, quotes, and code tags are not allowed in Signatures."
Just some awesome polish art site:fototapety

NatTheWriter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby NatTheWriter » Fri May 28, 2010 5:42 pm

View Original Postsimon wrote:...but since they announced MORE fanservice I don't care.

I don't care. :(

Take it with a grain of salt. That's a running gag from the original series, where Misato promised more fanservice with every episode. It goes without saying that there were not panty shots and male-gaze angles aplenty in the later episodes.

EvangelionOtaku
Embryo

Evangelion 4.0?

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionOtaku » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:09 pm

[Merging this with the old one.]

Is Evangelion 3.0 (or is it Evangelion Q?) going to be the final Rebuild film? I'm aware that Rebuild was planned as a tetralogy originally but things have not gone as planned. Evangelion Q suggests in its very title that it will be the final film, as it means 'end' in Jo-ha-kyu (if we take Evangelion 1.0 as Jo and Evangelion 2.0 as Ha and Evangelion 3.0 as Kyu). The recent title art that H. Anno made didn't have it rendered as Evangelion Q (as the preview trailer does) but rather as Evangelion 3.0. Is it known whether there will be a 4.0 or Evangelion Final? Has Khara, Gainax, etc. said anything about that?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:20 pm

I think the only thing they released as far as promotional material were the "News Flashes" that can be found on the special feature of 1.11. It lists "1.0 [Prelude], 2.0 [Break], 3.0 [Rush], 4.0 [FINAL]." Anything else Anno has said on the issue seems to change as often as the release dates of the films themselves.

EvangelionOtaku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionOtaku » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks, that seems to answer it then. Evangelion Final (or Evangelion 4.0) is still in the cards. It's going to be a very long wait then till we see the completion of the Rebuild series (ugh).

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Quickening (Kyu=Rush) would be part of the Japanese title, 3.0 would be part of the International title ("You xxx (not) xxxx"). We'll probably find out more about 4.0's status whenever we get news on 3.0.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Also, the original "News Flash" spots back in 2007 listed 3.0 as PLANNED and 4.0 as TENTATIVE, with titles for the latter alternating from [FINAL] to [?].

Oh, Anno...

EvangelionOtaku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionOtaku » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Oh wait, wasn't Evangelion 3.0 and 4.0 suppose to be half the length of the previous theatrical releases and shown together? If so, maybe it won't be such a long wait for Rebuild to finish its run because there may not be any wait at all between Quickening and 4.0 =D yay!

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:03 pm

View Original PostEvangelionOtaku wrote:Oh wait, wasn't Evangelion 3.0 and 4.0 suppose to be half the length of the previous theatrical releases and shown together? If so, maybe it won't be such a long wait for Rebuild to finish its run because there may not be any wait at all between Quickening and 4.0 =D yay!

I don't know about 3.0 and 4.0 being half the length but there was talk about 3.0 and 4.0 being shown together. But seeing how behind schedule rebuild is I doubt that will happen unless they do shorten the two movies lengths or else it will be several more years of this "almost ready" and "be patience" announcements.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

EvangelionOtaku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionOtaku » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:32 am

Yeah, 3.0 & 4.0 were reported to be 45 minutes or so each. I'm now thinking that if FINAL was scrapped, 3.0 will simply merge with the content of what was going to be 4.0 and be 90 minutes or longer as a result, thus making 3.0 a full length feature. Which I think is a much wiser decision rather than having two 45 minute films.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:10 am

I don't remember there being any word from Anno or the producers that 4.0 was being scrapped.

EvangelionOtaku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionOtaku » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:55 am

I didn't assert there was. There isn't any confirmation that 4.0 will continue to be seperate from 3.0 either. It's fan speculation on my part, my point to make was that it's smarter to make Q a full length feature, as in 90 minutes or longer, than having 4.0 remain a seperate 40 or 45 minute feature.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:36 am

How about if 3.0 was 90 mintues and FINAL was attached on and was 45 mintues? Would that work? 'Cause I can see that working.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:29 pm

They could easily end it at 3.0.

Stretching it out to 4.0 would probably be the same thing as splitting the final Harry Potter film into 2 parts. Unnecessary and only meant to grab more cash.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Neccesuary? They don't know the meaning of it. Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:45 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:Unnecessary and only meant to grab more cash.

... I could of sworn that was the anime industry motto.

I mean, in what world, did anyone need this? (Besides EM, who probably has a NERV issue Parmesan cheese dispenser to match):

If they see money in it, they'll do it. After spending so much time and money to make the films, I'm sure even Hideaki Anno himself could find a rationalization for it.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”