What anime are you watching right now? Apr-Sep 11

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 am

I know I really shouldn't but I've started another show. I have a few shoes on hold still but I just keep putting them off.
Anyways, I watched the first episode of Eureka Seven. I havent asked anyone or raed any reviews so i'm gong blind on tris one.
The pilot didnt seem bad though.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:53 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:I know I really shouldn't but I've started another show. I have a few shoes on hold still but I just keep putting them off.
Anyways, I watched the first episode of Eureka Seven. I havent asked anyone or raed any reviews so i'm gong blind on tris one.

Prepare for retardedness.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:25 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:so i'm gong blind on tris one.
Prepare for surfboarding robots, annoying children, and the biggest act of vandalism since Miss China's Ring.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:29 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:I know I really shouldn't but I've started another show. I have a few shoes on hold still but I just keep putting them off.

Eva ripoff

just like RahXephon!

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Balancing out the action with the moe.

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Finally decided to watch Cowboy Bebop. It was pretty good, although the ending was kind of rushed.

Catching up on currently airing shows before starting K-ON!!.

Still need to watch NGE subbed.

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:54 pm

I can see its starting to go down the odd path but not enough to make me drop it yet. It's defiantly not what I was expecting. We'll see

By the end of the week I plan to have finished Ghost In The Shell. Yet another show I loved every bit of but still got put on hold.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:02 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:Eureka Seven.

It's a nice show, if you can stomach a fair bit of fanciful idealism and often dislikable characters. Production values take a major dive after the Charles & Ray arc, though.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Ro-Kyu-Bu is actually not as bad as it looks. I've seen a couple of episodes off the Anime Network website and although the coach's backstory is kind of dumb, and the girls act kind of dumb sometimes, it reminds me of Bamboo Blade, which was a pretty good show with lolis doing kendo. The girls are in elementary school, so some of the behavior (and size) is understandable.

I've never bothered watching similar series before, I'm not sure if I could like it.
View Original PostOrnette wrote:No idea if I'll bother to finish it, Anime Network has a tendency to not show the whole season of a show and make you pay for the last few episodes.

But there are torrents for the first 5 episodes, can't you simply download it?
View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Finished watching Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket.
It was good.
Not as good as 08th MS Team but Al and BaaniBarneyBernie were surprisingly decent characters.

Gundam 0080 is nice but sad, it's also quite unconventional compared to other entries of the franchise, the protagonist isn't a Gundam pilot, mere Zaku II can fight against the Gundam effectively and there are also few battles. Like you said both Al and Bernie are enjoyable characters, I've especially liked Bernie.

Anyway, today I've watched the first 4 episodes of No°6, it's amazing but it looks like Macross Frontier rip-offs are invading this anime season, after Ringo-Ranka from Penguindrum now I've seen Nezumi-Alto, it looks like he also used to be an actor (playing female roles, obviously), this isn't a mere coincidence at all. No° 6 itself so far has been good, I like the characters and the story seems interesting; I've laughed a lot when Sion said "I want to know more about you", Shinji says the same thing to Kaworu in NGE2, surely it's a common phrase but I've immediately remembered Shinji and Kaworu for some reason...
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:03 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:after Ringo-Ranka from Penguindrum

Honestly, that was just the impression I was getting from her hair and eyes in few scenes. Otherwise I really don't see the connection, unless 4th episode introduces something drastic.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:13 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Honestly, that was just the impression I was getting from her hair and eyes in few scenes. Otherwise I really don't see the connection, unless 4th episode introduces something drastic.

Yeah, she resembles Ranka only regarding the character design, well in part there's also her struggle to be noticed and love rivalry against a more "formed" woman, but the development of these themes is different. Nezumi is more cynical than Alto, and more tsundere, but when it was said that he used to be an actor, well, I was just speechless since I was already thinking that he kinda resembled Alto..
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Re: Balancing out the action with the moe.

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 am

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Still need to watch NGE subbed.

Yes you do.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby evaunit13 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:12 pm

this week's steins;gate may be my favorite episode so far. i just hope that they make good use of christina and okabe's relationship by the end of the series.
i want rebuild

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:36 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Honestly, that was just the impression I was getting from her hair and eyes in few scenes. Otherwise I really don't see the connection, unless 4th episode introduces something drastic.

It's more of Ringo-Nanami, at any rate.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Watched Kamisama Dolls and Steins;Gate.

Once again Kamisama Dolls was good. This could become one of my favorites for this season.

Steins;Gate was awesome. A nice blend of humor and seriousness to balance things out. Plus it was great to see an episode focus on Rukako. He never gets enough screen time.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

S;G (18)

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:05 am

Makise is the definition of tsundere....

Poor, poor Rukaku. I'm liking these episodes where he has to fix things. I find it intriguing that Okabe can "awaken" memories using his Reading Steiner. I feel bad for Rukaku. We all know (s)he loved him and the sad thing is (s)he knows (s)he doesn't have a chance. 'Tis a sad realization. At least (s)he got one day of happiness. Now next weeks episode is gonna be something to watch. Getting Moeka to undo her d-mail... yea right.. I assume this is going to take a few episodes..
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:37 am

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:54 am

Rewatching Marimite to get reacquainted before resuming work on a fic that I've left unfinished for over a year.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Watched Odin: Starlight Mutiny. It's not quite the worst anime ever (as it is sometimes advertised), but it is a profoundly silly, probably stupidly-overhyped-at-its-time big budget failure, much like Rintaro's Harmageddon. However, the movie pulls the most bafflingly amazing transition to end credits I have ever seen. I won't even attempt to describe it, you have to see it for yourself. If Anno doesn't end the final Rebuild film the same way, I will be severely disappointed.

I also started watching Ray: The Animation.

Oh Ray, where have you been all my life?

My biggest beef with a lot of the newer Lupin films is how outlandish the action scenes are. Lupin and his companions are basically supermen who can make 15-meter leaps on top of moving cars, walk on water and plow effortlessly through mook armies. I suppose that sort of bullshit is easier to write than clever heist scenarios, but there's no tension or sense of peril involved.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Someone » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:55 am

Watching Tales of the Abyss.
It started a but weak, but i'm hooked now. >_<
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

It was for a stupid reason. Butthurt mods.

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Watched the first two episodes of Mononoke. Kind of reminds me of a cross between Spirited Away and Bakemonogatari except... not as enthralling. I understand it's trying to be atmospheric and all, but the pacing drags on way too long in places. Hopefully it gets more interesting.

Also picked up YuruYuri. Surprisingly funny so far.

SPOILER: Show
Also you're all going to be seeing a lot more of me for a while since I've been banned from 4chan for a month. :asuka_happy:

Return to “Old Stickies”