Evangelion 3.0 (Lack of) Updates

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

Evangelion 3.0 (Lack of) Updates

Postby trueno_twentyone » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:32 am

I was hoping that we can put a sticky thread that will show us the updates for RoE 3.0

I am really anxious about 3.0 and its progress. I hope somebody in here can shed some light to those who are in the dark.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Someone » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:45 am

Good idea. But i don't think that there is much information yet...

Marduk
Adam

Postby Marduk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:08 am

"Marduk's Law": "As a Rebuild discussion grows longer, the probability of mentioning the Sequel Theory approaches 1."
Anno Peractio: Age of Conclusion

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:18 am

Until there is something to talk about, this will just be speculation, which we have a thread for already.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:34 am

And look at what's one thread underneath this one: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=11487 A news thread for whenever the Official Evangelion Website will update.

So yeah, we'll get news when we get news, and like EM said, there's a speculation thread already.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Most obvious available thread for this:

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/music/mnews/20110722-OYT8T00473.htm

Miyazaki Gorô: "When Anno Hideaki stopped by, he was telling me how he had a lot of idle hours on his hands, what with Eva's production being at a standstill, so I asked him to take care of the CG for us."
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:45 pm

LOL

Kind of hope he's working towards another breakdown
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Huh, wonder what's meant by that.

Oji-chan, where are you getting that English translation from? I didn't see any English version anywhere.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:57 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Oji-chan, where are you getting that English translation from?
From /a/; it seems plausible when compared with the garble from Google translate

"When I came to play the Hideaki Anno," Eva "(production), so moving WW," having nothing to do no work, "we have asked the CG was saying it," he said, "
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:01 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:
When I came to play the Hideaki Anno

My new sig!

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:07 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:My new sig!

Let's turn it into a Olympic sport!
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:21 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:My new sig!
Some new form of Cockney rhyming slang.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Shogo-Kun » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:01 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Kind of hope he's working towards another breakdown

Why? Anno has enough trouble trying to work with a full-scale production. He doesn't need another mental breakdown to worsen the blow.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:20 pm

For the moon-readers amongst us, the relevant sentence is

宮崎監督は「庵野秀明さんが遊びに来たときに、“エヴァ”(の制作)が動いてなかったので『仕事がなくヒマだ』と言っていたので今回CGをお願いした」と話し、「今日の葵ちゃんは本当にかわいかった。

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:He doesn't need another mental breakdown to worsen the blow.
If the conditions under which the original was produced are restored, then the outcome of the rebuild might be as bizarrely inspired as the original.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Shogo-Kun » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:02 pm

^That mentality I can't comprehend for the life of me. I will never understand why that is considered a good thing around here.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:09 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:^That mentality I can't comprehend for the life of me. I will never understand why that is considered a good thing around here.

Well, there are even those that don't consider it a good thing. Anyway I'm sceptic that he's going toward a breakdown, we (most of us at least) are the ones that could have a breakdown if he won't give us 3.0 ASAP.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:10 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:^That mentality I can't comprehend for the life of me. I will never understand why that is considered a good thing around here.

It's similar to the artists who take drugs because they think it allows them to perform better, which may or may not be true. If Anno gets stressed enough he will come up abstract stuff that will be thrown together withing the budget restraints, like NGE or he could end up like Shinji or Asuka in EOE, utterly depressed or in a catatonic state which will leave Rebuild hanging.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:15 pm

^Or he could leave everything in the hands of Shinji Higuchi for the next movie. Jokes apart, they don't have deadlines and probably no budget constraints. There's no way that he's going to whine because he doesn't know what to do with the next movie. Maybe he could end up calling Enokido again, I really hope it.
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 pm

My thoughts on the issue:
Depressing Tangent  SPOILER: Show
I don't see it as a good thing myself. Don't get me wrong, it inspired a great work. But there are some things I don't wish upon anybody for any reason. Hoping Anno entertains suicidal thoughts just so he's make a movie a certain way has to be the most selfish reason for anyone to wish that upon anybody. (As if there was a good reason for wishing that upon someone...)

I do think Anno dealing with depression via visual story-telling arts was probably the more healthy way of dealing with those emotions, but still, Anno had proven to be a good director before NGE. His work on Gunbuster and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water were great works without him having to reach the depth of despair that he did while making NGE. So I don't think Anno being depressed gave him an extra "boost" in his story-telling abilities. He could have still been just as depressed and have the story-telling abilities of Ed Wood. (A thought which is depressing in it of itself.) Rather, it just gave him an alternate story to tell with his artistic abilities, and one that he probably needed to tell seeing how depressed he was at the time.

Evangelion doesn't need to be depressing, it just needs to be treated well. And Anno has a pretty good track record of treating things well, both his optimistic works and pessimistic works. So I'm not worried.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:44 pm

If things were as bad as fans say, NGE would have never happened. You can't helm a production like that while crippled by depression. It requires a great deal of resolve. Not saying he couldn't have been depressed, but "breakdown" seems over dramatic.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”