Rebuild of Evangelion video game? (an inquiry)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
EvangelionOtaku
Embryo

Rebuild of Evangelion video game? (an inquiry)

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionOtaku » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Has there been any discussions or anouncements from either Gainax, Khara or Anno regarding a next generation, fully-fledged, proper Evangelion game for PS3/Xbox360/PC? I'm shocked this hasn't happened already considering the popularity of the series in Japan (comparable to Star Wars) and how dozens and dozens of Star Wars games are routinely developed and released. I'm talking about a full next-gen Evangelion game, not something like Evangelion: Jo or the titles on mobile phone. Yes, there was the digital Misato newscaster for PS3, but thats not a game, more like a feature not interactive media.

KaaVI
Lilith

Re: Rebuild of Evangelion video game? (an inquiry)

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 am

View Original PostEvangelionOtaku wrote: considering the popularity of the series in Japan (comparable to Star Wars) and how dozens and dozens of Star Wars games are routinely developed and released.

STARWARS= crap
How dare you compare that stuff to something godly like evangelion.

All those starwars games are also crap, they were soo desperate that they had to make a lego game for cash!
Kaworu is in my bed, all is right with the world.

EvangelionOtaku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionOtaku » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:49 am

Why don't you try reading what I wrote? I wasn't comparing Evangelion to Star Wars. I was comparing the level of popularity East (Evangelion) vs. West (Star Wars). Comparable popularity levels. I was asking why there is no new PS3 or Xbox 360 or PC Evangelion game (even in Japan) and if anything at all had been mentioned by way of interviews, sources I haven't seen, Newtype, just anything. I've been waiting for one since the Rebuild series was anounced.

Yes, I agree the Star Wars games are crap (including Unleashed, but the Old Republic MMO looks interesting)

(and if Star Wars can get triple A next gen titles with full budgets and well known developers, why can't Evangelion?)

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:45 am

It's very possible that a Rebuild-based version of Evangelions and Evangelions: Another Cases will be released. I doubt that an Evangelion: Ha will come out, but Evangelion: Q, released after the plot is resolved, could work. It will probably have better graphics and more options available than the original versions did.

However, the reason Eva doesn't have video games the way SW does is that SW is a fictional universe stretching across 20,000 years. There's a lot to do there. Evangelion just gets pachinko, cell phones, Evangelions/Another Cases/Jo, and the Impression/Girlfriend stuff because you can't really expand the Eva universe in a meaningful way. Before Episode 1, there's no Evangelion-based conflict. After EoE, there are no Evas to fight with.

EvangelionOtaku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionOtaku » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:34 am

Well, I was thinking the new, fully fledged game would be a new twist/interpretation of the Evangelion story (ala. Rebuild). And/or that it would be from the perspective of either a different character or a new character, telling it from the perspective of how they dealt with the Third Impact / Post-Cataclysmic world. There are a number of options. It just surprises me that this is not done. And if such a game is developed, a full next-gen title (ala. Evangelion 2), who would develop it I wonder. I'm guessing that the publisher would be Namco Bandai (who has authority of the Evangelion games?) but that doesn't mean they would develop it internally, they could have a third party develop it, assuming they ever develop such a title.

Edit: A Rebuild version of Evangelions/Evangelions:Another Cases would be perfect. That would be amazing. I'd love it.

macrochaos
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby macrochaos » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:43 pm

It'd be nice if thay AT LEAST make a fighting Eva game ala Smash Bros. and not like the Battle Orchestra, I heard it handles poory

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:30 am

The only way evangelion could be turned into a normal game would be if Room 404 wasn't fanfiction, but it is, so it won't.

View Original PostEvangelionOtaku wrote:Edit: A Rebuild version of Evangelions/Evangelions:Another Cases would be perfect. That would be amazing. I'd love it.

Do Want.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:18 am

Both Evangelion 2 (especially Another Cases--you can play as pretty much everybody in the cast) and Secret of Evangelion (you play as Kaji's killer--he works for Nerv, I think.) are from different perspectives instead of just Shinji.

I would absolutely love some kind of Next Generation Eva game, espeically if it would be an updated Eva2-based (more options/better graphics) video game on the New Movie Edition tetralogy.

What's disappointing is so many people thought that Eva: Jo was going to be such a game, but instead it copy-pasted a lot of Eva2 images and dialogue (such as the freaking ending. Instead of making a brand new ending for Eva: Jo, it was literally a copy/paste of Eva2 Shinji's Best End in Angel Attack despite throwing in some 3D graphics of Rei floating away from Terminal Dogma. :facepalm: ) while having very little interactivity or good controls during the battles.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dark doom
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dark doom » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:54 pm

I was rather surprised to fins out that there was a homage to Gunbusters in BO, dissapointed to.
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

And then we come to the merchandising... facepalm- Mr. Tines

Tails_night
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tails_night » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Well I hope if they do it'll be somewhere around action rpg or shooter rpg, with some customization. (i.e. wether it has the shoulder pads/fins or not, weapons stored on it, paint, head, and some small things like that). But something innovative as well, like not seen before you know?

The most I knew about Eva videogames was something along the lines of one on the ps2 with small missions, and some datign simulators on the psp or something along those lines.

Thunder Heart Mk.3
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Thunder Heart Mk.3 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 am

All those starwars games are also crap, they were soo desperate that they had to make a lego game for cash!

Which went on to make a ton of revenue for both Lego and Lucas Arts, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyways, personally I would like to see Evangelion in an FPS stlye of game play with a lot of good cinema tics to it similar to Call of Duty.

Or we can go with the alternative which is just Evangelion in a DOOM setting where the object of the game is to rip and tear your way through everything ever.
LURKERS KEEP ON LURKING! Lurk, lurk, lurk...
Favorite pairing as of Rebuild : Shinji x Rei. Why? Because its lulzy.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:29 am

I think if a Webuild game were to be made, it would have to be like Eva2 and SIRP, but with a better budget and fancier shit, including graphics, gameplay, and etc.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:30 pm

It would be nice if they made a NGE game that would be release in the USA for once. I'm pretty sure we will see a NGE game for the PS3/360/Wii soon.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

End_Of_Evangelion
Embryo

Evangelion Game

•      
  •      

Postby End_Of_Evangelion » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:57 pm

I was watching Ao no Exorcist and after the credits it showed a trailer of Evangelion that looked like a game. It's called 3rd impact, I don't know any of the details because it was in Japanese, but it looks like a game based on Evangelion 2.0.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Sound Impact, an upcoming PSP game, which is here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=11559

And to answer this thread's question, some of the Pachinko games are on both PS3 and PSP, but that's it so far.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:56 pm

View Original PostKaaVI wrote:STARWARS= crap
All those starwars games are also crap

I hate you. Star Wars is fucking awesome. It's just not as complex as Evangelion. And anyways, there not even close as the same thing, therefore incomparable. Also, Star Wars Battlefront 2 was the shit. Nothing came close to being as awesome until Crysis came out.

Ontopic: Yeah, Sound Impact is coming up. But, for RPG's, I've heard nothing yet. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if they released one after Rebuild is completed.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:05 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:Ontopic: Yeah, Sound Impact is coming up. But, for RPG's, I've heard nothing yet. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if they released one after Rebuild is completed.

Yeah, I hope that it'll be the case (and that it'll be released around 2015 or so), personally I'd love to see an upgraded version of NGE2, with new scenarios and possibly with improved gameplay.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:I hate you. Star Wars is fucking awesome.

Without me even knowing, all of my hate was funneled into Stryker's fingers.

Anyway, It'd be awesome if Evangelion expanded into vidya a bit more, Rebuild presents an opportunity to do this I guess.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:44 am

View Original PostEvangelionOtaku wrote:I'm shocked this hasn't happened already considering the popularity of the series in Japan (comparable to Star Wars) and how dozens and dozens of Star Wars games are routinely developed and released.

The difference is that Star Wars games sell well all over the world. Even those that don't go international do better than a Japanese only title. Japan, despite making a lot of awesome games, are a much smaller market than North America.

Evangelion games are not for gamers, they are for Evangelion fans. More importantly, they're for Japanese Evangelion fans. That's a relatively narrow segment.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:55 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I would absolutely love some kind of Next Generation Eva game, espeically if it would be an updated Eva2-based (more options/better graphics) video game on the New Movie Edition tetralogy.

I'd like having next-gen "Eva world simulators" for both continuities, to be honest. NGE2 is fun, but the base game play is really repetitive and limited, and the "still image" cut scenes are kind of dopey. (Also, the PSP's impulse bar and twitchy-reflex minigame are both horribly, horribly implemented. And I resent the game for being my babysitter and not letting me stay up all night.)

We'd also need a few years to debate the shit out of NME after its completion before they can indulge us with a "NME2" game that answers some of our questions (while raising a lot of others).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”