Moonwalk (Designated Weird Image Thread) [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm

It'd make way more sense if you'd take the same scene from Macross and Robotech XP
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:08 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:It'd make way more sense if you'd take the same scene from Macross and Robotech XP

that's not mine, it's one of those not notorious troll images by the guy who also does those "why does new anime look like shit" charts :lol:

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Chowwow » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:37 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:[URL=http://img853.imageshack.us/i/robotechamericuntcartoo.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Are you serious? Did Harmony Gold redraw the anime before they aired it in the states? Or is this baloney?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:44 pm

I'm not completely sure about the Robotech screenshoot (if it comes from SDF Macross or not but probably it's from SDF Macross) anyway the Macross one is from DYRL, that's the reason it looks better, SDF Macross wasn't that good (more or less it looked like in that Robotech screenshoot for most time).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 pm

View Original PostChowwow wrote:Are you serious? Did Harmony Gold redraw the anime before they aired it in the states? Or is this baloney?

Well, I just called it "troll image"...

Upper picture is from DYRL, the audiovisual orgasmfest (BD where) film version of Macross.

Lower picture is from one of tv series SDF Macross's notorious QUALITY moments that had unfortunate habit of hitting Misa more often than female characters on average...

So yes, it's troll/joke picture about weeaboo habit on shitting on americans and hailing glorious superior nippon animu. At least, that's how I always interprepted the pic :lol:

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Voluntary Illusion.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:18 pm

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:29 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Upper picture is from DYRL, the audiovisual orgasmfest (BD where) film version of Macross.

It's more like "BD when?", unless I'm wrong they released it at least twice on DVD in Japan so they're probably going to wait until they've completely sold the remaining copies, but maybe I'm wrong (it's funny that one release was called "HD remastered edition", a truly misleading name, except maybe they've already transferred it from film to digital in HD for that release, in this case a BD release wouldn't take a lot of efforts).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:38 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Well, I just called it "troll image"...

Upper picture is from DYRL, the audiovisual orgasmfest (BD where) film version of Macross.

Lower picture is from one of tv series SDF Macross's notorious QUALITY moments that had unfortunate habit of hitting Misa more often than female characters on average...

So yes, it's troll/joke picture about weeaboo habit on shitting on americans and hailing glorious superior nippon animu. At least, that's how I always interprepted the pic :lol:

But the troll was completely wrong because at the end what made Robotech Robotech is the butcher re-edit job it did to the anime (which includes Macross), the English voice acting, the complete change of the story. None of it is reflected in a screenshot. Basically his troll only reflects the limitation of discussing animation using one screencap.

And the fact that they had to draft in a so-called "American cartoon" where the best part is all Japanese anime, and the worst parts are all coming from America, it just shows how glorious superior Japanese anime is :lol:
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 pm

^ not at all, the attempt of that troll was showing the claimed "superiority" of Japanese animation.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:40 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:^ not at all, the attempt of that troll was showing the claimed "superiority" of Japanese animation.

But if the only example of good "American cartoon" that the troll could show is a butchered anime doesn't it mean that Japanese animation is indeed "superior" after all?
Last edited by symbv on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:But if the only example of good "American cartoon" that the troll could show is a butchered anime does it mean that Japanese animation is indeed "superior" after all?

That was probably his intent as well...
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Robotech is basically three Japanese shows merged into one, right? I've never seen it or any of the original shows. In fact, I've never even seen a giant robot series.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Thread needs less TOPIC

SPOILER: Show

If you can't see any, let me know.
Voluntary Illusion.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Holy shit the last one made me crap my pants.

16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:14 am

...sometimes I just don't get what goes on inside heads of pixiv users...I just really don't......wtf

[URL=http://img89.imageshack.us/i/macrosscarrotslolwhatth.jpg/]Image[/URL]

what -o-;

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:56 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:In fact, I've never even seen a giant robot series.
...But this is an Eva forum.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:48 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:In fact, I've never even seen a giant robot series.

Xard wrote:what -o-;

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:50 am

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Obstermaxmaster
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Obstermaxmaster » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:53 am

^ That looks so wierd! :lol:
I WISH DAYLIGHT SAVINGS NEVER HAPPENED SO WE CAN WATCH MORE KARE KANO ~ C.A.P. ON SKYPE

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”