•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:05 pm

And we have yet another new PV uploaded today
http://youtu.be/b_Vav3Lq2-g
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:50 am

Princess Yukiko at the end made me think of this.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:28 am

View Original PostZapX wrote:Princess Yukiko at the end made me think of this.

I love how she casts Agidyne at the end of the video when everyone bursts into flames.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm

"Hey, kids! Who wants to talk about murders?!" (Yay~)

Something of a cross-post with this.

As mentioned before, I'm VERY excited about getting to see an anime treatment of Persona 4 and I wish Persona 3 had the same thing instead of Trinity Soul (which I haven't seen because I've heard it's awful).

I hope that the original Japanese AND dub actors will be able to reprise their roles for this project since I'm assuming somebody would pick it up for a U.S. release. Igor and Yosuke's voices are personal favorites of mine. I'm assuming the anime is going to go with the True End instead of Good End or Bad End, although I really wonder myself how shipping (if any) would be handed. I honestly don't want to see Souji Yuu with a harem.

My personal preference for a "Souji Yuu/whoever" pairing IF things play out that way would be either Chie (choice number 1), Rise (choice 2, I blame Lovers Arcana) or Naoto (choice 3)*, but that's just my two cents.

I'm really excited to see various game scenes animated including the final battle. I'm assuming the music from the game will be used plus maybe a few new tunes (I hope the Opening and Ending themes (and animation for the opening since I'm assuming the ending animation would be for the final episode).

Persona 4's story does somehow come across as more tightly woven and the pieces fitting together more than Persona 3's, yet I can't put my finger on the why.

*Though I think Naoto and Kanji would be very interesting with their relationship being explored more (not exactly shipping, since Naoto's Link shows Kanji would be turned down), due to
Characterization Game  SPOILER: Show
Naoto's apparent transgenderism and Kanji's apparent bisexuality, although both can deal a lot with the realistic confusion of a high schooler amidst GLBTQ issues. They both understand they're going through difficult issues but seem to get along well despite that. There's great potential for more camaraderie there.

I loved loved LOVED the swerves of the game and just when you thought everything was figured out, there was more to the story. That's the sign of a damn good game and a damn good murder-mystery. I just hope the anime will be as good as the game and not be disappointing somehow (some references to P3 would be nice too, besides the Class Trip visit to Tatsumi Port Island and Margret mentioning Elizabeth's Journey.)

I hope Takana makes a cameo since he does in the game too.

Personally, when I reflect on it, I find
Don't click unless you finished P3 and P4, HUGE Game  SPOILER: Show
Adachi slightly more likable than Ikutsuki despite them being "the bad guys all along". Ikutsuki being evil was an excellent plot twist but felt somewhat forced (maybe because there was no real proper development with him after the reveal, just him raving like a madman before he was killed off 5 minutes later. Sucks because they could have done more with him.) while with Mr. "Bitches and Whores", there were a few clues here and there, you feel bad about it because he played the likable part well, and he somehow fit the plot better. I enjoyed the common thread of BOTH OF THEM wanting to bring about the end of the world. Regardless, both Persona 3 and Persona 4 having battles even when you think things are settled (post-Adachi, for instance) and how the final battles related to human's inners desires/the Shadows was excellent.

It's beyond me why they didn't bother keeping P4-MC's manga name though. I personally prefer Souji to Yuu.

"Games like these gotta have surprises or they get boring fast." (Gotta love the Meta!)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed May 18, 2011 10:13 am

http://www.mayonaka-tv.jp/ has been updated. It is now confirmed the anime will run on MBS from this October. http://www.p4a.jp/news/index.html
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed May 18, 2011 10:51 am

^
Awesome.

I wonder how the battles will look in the anime.
Standing around your enemy and repeatedly shouting your Persona´s name which just endlessly comes in and out of you sounds kinda lame.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 18, 2011 11:23 am

Probably gonna make use of All Out Attacks or combined attacks, I'm assuming. I'm sure they'll figure something out so it's awesome.

Also, here's a bit of creepy hilarity.

Meme but if you Google the info it's a  SPOILER: Show
According to http://en.genzu.net/sokumen/

"Bitches and Whores" (each entered in on its own) comes out as "Desires Sex murder"!!

MIND = BLOWN. :cringe:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:09 pm

MY BODY IS NOT READY!

The more recent trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iclfPdvzSTo and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbux_1tvnF0 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LzvVvwTWYk

The latest one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeblRKZ6jlc (UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... o-streamed

Yay for following the game dates of different events~

06/23/2011: New PV! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ts_RJSDmNo

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:26 pm

The animation looks kinda QUALITY from that trailer. Maybe I'm just not used to it because the only anime I've watched recently are higher budget movies.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Will this animu make any sense to those who're not familiar with games?

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah. Each of the games is a stand alone story. The only relation they have is they exist in the same world. There's a part in the game where the characters in 4 visit the setting of 3 but it's really just fan service. You'll be able to follow it just fine.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:57 pm

well that's good because I was considering watching this

at least I won't be having buttmad fanboy reactions about adaptation decay if I watch it :lol:

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:09 pm

But Xard, by just watching the anime you will be missing out on the medium for which these stories were written - games!! You're supposed to be able to choose which characters you want to see developed, what story-altering decisions you want to make, and above all spend hours and hours killing small, annoying enemies so that you can form a final party that includes seven archangels and Satan. Also, I can't speak on behalf of P4, but I would find it incredibly hard to give two shits about the narrative of P3 were it not attached to a highly entertaining game. I'm waiting for the inevitable handheld port of P4 to experience that game, truth be told. I expect it'll come out on 3DS some time in the next year or two. Anyway... um... where was I going with this post, again?
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:16 pm

you're conveniently ignoring the fact I don't own a single game console

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:36 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:you're conveniently ignoring the fact I don't own a single game console

LIAR YOU'RE LYING
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:22 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:you're conveniently ignoring the fact I don't own a single game console
You don't like to game, Xard?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:04 pm

I don't have any Playstation (2 or 3) either. The only game console I have is Wii but the only games I have are Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus :) But since Xard has a PC, he can always play VN and erogames :tongue:
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:07 pm

But will he admit to it?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:16 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:But will he admit to it?

Yeah, I kind of doubt it.. He said he went to Fakku only to read Hitler manga... Hmm.....

====

Anyway, on topic, anyone read Persona 4 manga? I have seen manga for Persona 3 and 4 but not sure how good they are.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:54 am

I haven't read it, but apparently the MC has another official name in it. Personally, I just call him Miles Blast.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Return to “Anime and Manga”