Control of Near 3I (Shinji vs. Eva/Yui)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

fadadio
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fadadio » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:23 pm

DO NOT QUOTE ENTIRE POSTS, PLEASE

indeed but it is all speculation wether or not the power level of Berserker eva unit 1 would have gone up if faced with a bigger threat. For the time being we know Shinji defeated the more powerful and intimidating version of Zeruel, That right there is not debatable
I want Rei...GIVE HER BACK

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm just gonna say once Shinji went RED EYES TAKE WARNING, that he metaphysically bitchslapped Yui and both initiated Near Third Impact.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Deepak
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Deepak » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:05 pm

since the rebuilds are taking a whole new direction, maybe Yui's plan for instrumentality/3I is now different as well. With so many fundamental changes (Adams, nebuchadnezzar's key) I doubt it will be the same.

Chroma
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:31 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:I'm just gonna say once Shinji went RED EYES TAKE WARNING, that he metaphysically bitchslapped Yui and both initiated Near Third Impact.

I'd have to agree - there's no way he was just following Yui or her plan that way, even subconciously. His entire thought process was "Save Rei", and to do that, he needed to take down Zeruel by any means necessary.

That being said, I also don't think he meant to almost initiate the 3rd Impact. It's more like he was just trying to save Rei, and instead of relying on berserker!Yui, he did it by his own power for once. and the power of love~

So Shinji finally gets a backbone and does something for himself, and it nearly destroys the world. Kind of funny, in a way.
Insignificance is bliss

Warren Peace
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:29 am

It's also interesting how this moment is flipped from EOE. In that film, Shinji initiates 3I out of hatred for Asuka. Here, he's doing it for the love of Rei.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:13 am

Considering that half of the series hasn't been shown yet, we have no idea of the specific motives of either Yui or Gendou, or how even triggering 3I works, or what the nature of 3I is.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:52 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:It's also interesting how this moment is flipped from EOE. In that film, Shinji initiates 3I out of hatred for Asuka. Here, he's doing it for the love of Rei.

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:23 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:In that film, Shinji initiates 3I out of hatred for Asuka. Here, he's doing it for the love of Rei.

It's not "hatred of Asuka" that sets him off; it's complete rejection by the last person he thinks he can turn to.

Also, false dichotomy.
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?
Father Brother Lover Mother (AO3, FF.net)
The path to an alternate Third Impact has reached stage 19 (5/22)!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”