NGE2: Alternate Outcome Translations [3I, Etc.]

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 25, 2011 10:17 pm

As far as I can tell, because Kaji died from the Seele goon ala Episode 21 while Misato died saving Shinji ala EoE (yes, including the "adult kiss"). But it's only Misato and Kaji of the main cast that kick the bucket, it's implied everybody else is alive and well. (Unless I somehow missed something in the text which I suppose Reichu or somebody else could always clarify.)

For reference...

The Good Ending (EoTV-like): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6opEjRrT8 (Oh look, if you click "Description", you'll get a very Engrish-filled translation by some total loser. :sweatdrop: )

(Better quality of the Good End is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5l_80EmqIQ )

The Bad Ending (EoE): 01 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMc2sMgQss

Bad End part 02 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtpfu5yUoqQ

And for whatever it's worth, Shinji's Scenario 02 in the PSP game (titled "But I love this world") has a happy ending of everybody surviving if you defeat the Harpies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsU0TwY6pIM (Summary by me included in the Description.) Although the objective of that Scenario is for Shinji to become close to the others (minus Pen Pen) as he adjusts to Tokyo-3 life. (That's the Scenario where Kaji's dresses in drag in Misato's clothes, Fuyutsuki dresses up Shinji as Yui/a maid and more normal character interactions. Rei and Misato's "close relationship achieved" parts of the Scenario where translated myself earlier in the year is here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=10581 )

Hell, there's even a Gendo and Shinji fishing end if you get the two to have a good relationship (if you play as either of them): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU-QUkwIm7g

Although some of the characters have depressing endings for their best ends... Rei and Fuyutsuki both die at the end of their stories. Rei merges with Lilith to destroy her, Fuyutsuki tangs into Eva-01 to be with Yui. Even Kensuke's best end has Toji (as a pilot) dying from Zeruel's battle while Misato's involves shooting Gendo (to death) to save everybody from HIP/3I.

My apologies if this post is slightly off-topic, but once I get into rambling about this game, there's no stopping me. I love it that much.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed May 25, 2011 10:31 pm

You mentioned that the EoE ending was the "bad" ending only in the sense that it did not count as a scenario clear. Exactly what were the clear conditions for that scenario anyway? I suppose, to avert Third Impact?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 25, 2011 10:40 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Exactly what were the clear conditions for that scenario anyway? I suppose, to avert Third Impact?

Scenario 01 Angel Attack serves as a tutorial for the game in both PS2 and PSP versions and it covers the TV series/EoE storyline. So yes, preventing Third Impact by defeating the Eva Series is how to clear the game. As far as I can tell, you can't clear the Scenario (and you'll get the EoE Bad End) if Asuka dies at any time during the game (eg a random Angel battle)/Harpy battle.

You also won't get a Scenario Clear if the Eva Series defeat you. I believe in either case, EoE Third Impact happens, but the Eva Series defeating you might result in Seele's Third Impact.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed May 25, 2011 10:47 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:My apologies if this post is slightly off-topic, but once I get into rambling about this game, there's no stopping me. I love it that much.

(checking a few endings) I can definitely see why you love the game so much -- it creates so many possible scenarios of how the world ends and many of them vastly superior to EoE bad end. It would be a firm foundation to start some doujin manga based on those endings though -- I mean just looking at what Shinji could do with Asuka, Misato, Ritsuko, Hikari, Touji, Kaworu, Kaji, Aoba, Maya, Kensuke etc in "another case of Shinji" shows so much potential.... :love:
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 26, 2011 6:16 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I mean just looking at what Shinji could do with Asuka, Misato, Ritsuko, Hikari, Touji, Kaworu, Kaji, Aoba, Maya, Kensuke etc in "another case of Shinji" shows so much potential.... :love:

Yes, the game really does have unlimited potential since you can play as the whole cast (humans + Pen Pen, not the Evas or Angels :wink: ) and the different relationships/events that form.

If you're interested in owning the game, you can buy it here:

PSP Version (Region-free for games, but not region-free for UMD Videos): http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-70-21xk.html

PS2 Version (You need a Japanese PS2 or a way to modify your PS2 to play): http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-44-49-en-70-2xi.html

You can put yourself on a request mailing list to know when the game (or whatever) you're looking for is in stock.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu May 26, 2011 7:39 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:If you're interested in owning the game, you can buy it here:

Thanks SSD, but I do not play video game :) (or stopped playing since after I left college)
Can you believe I never own any PSP, PS2/3, XBox or Nintendo DS ? I have Wii but I have only 2 games -- Wii Sports and Wii Fit :lol:

I am going to go through the ending videos though.... Cheers!
Last edited by symbv on Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu May 26, 2011 9:54 pm

I was going through the checkout process excitedly and then stopped myself, realizing A) this will still be here when I actually have the money to afford it, and B) I don't know Japanese nearly well enough yet to be able to play this :-X

...Although I bet having it would really, really motivate me...
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Post subject: NGE2: Alternate 3I/HIP Scenarios

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Never mind, I am an idiot.
Last edited by Bagheera on Thu May 26, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Post subject: NGE2: Alternate 3I/HIP Scenarios

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu May 26, 2011 10:01 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:snip of some rants

:headscratch: Who and what got to you? :headscratch:
Last edited by symbv on Thu May 26, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: Post subject: NGE2: Alternate 3I/HIP Scenarios

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 26, 2011 10:07 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote::headscratch: Who and what got to you? :headscratch:

See above. I have no excuse beyond the obvious.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri May 27, 2011 9:52 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I am going to go through the ending videos though.... Cheers!

No one should have to suffer through those awful quality videos when Reichu has both versions of the game and video capture capability at hand! Time to get back into the NGE2 groove, I suppose...

I do have a lot of translation-related questions, but I'll take those to PM when my brain isn't staging a mutiny against me.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Fri May 27, 2011 9:56 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:No one should have to suffer through those awful quality videos when Reichu has both versions of the game and video capture capability at hand! Time to get back into the NGE2 groove, I suppose...

Any pointer to the better quality videos for the game endings would be much appreciated. I admit the videos did strain my eyes quite a bit....

View Original PostReichu wrote:I do have a lot of translation-related questions, but I'll take those to PM when my brain isn't staging a mutiny against me.

A lot? How many?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri May 27, 2011 10:03 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Any pointer to the better quality videos for the game endings would be much appreciated.

I don't think I actually have them all in better quality. Need to go play through some scenarios and record better versions myself.

A lot? How many?

I won't know until I comb over those translations again.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat May 28, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks for the hard work on the translations, Reichu (and to you for the vids, SSD). This is interesting stuff, as it sheds some light onto SEELE's actual goals for 3I/Instrumentality as well as Gendo's (and perhaps Yui's) alternative.

@SEELE's Bad End: I agree with those who suggest that all human souls were merged into one ("resurrection of all life") with SEELE maintaining awareness/individuality. The alternatives are just plain irrational, and while they're fanatics they don't seem to be quite that unhinged.

@Angel End: I maintain that this was set up the way it was so Anno could dodge the implications of a straight Angel/Lilith mashup. If anything actually happened there it would raise a lot of questions about SEELE's methodology and the whole premise for the show. Rei's presence lets him dodge that issue and hide behind the notion that the supposed consequences of an Angel reaching TD were just misinformation.

@Hairy Yui: :uhh: I got nothin'. I do wonder why she has the Lance, though (but then, I wonder why she took it at the end of EoE, too; perhaps she has no choice in the matter?).

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 28, 2011 11:04 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I don't think I actually have them all in better quality. Need to go play through some scenarios and record better versions myself.

I just remembered: Nico Nico Douga does have recordings of different Eva 2 events (probably the endings, too), although sometimes it's with commentary by the game player. You have to do some digging to find them, though. Pretty sure they have both PSP and PS2 events up there.

And this thread reminds me I need to eventually get on doing more Eva2 Events translation, but having ripped Japanese text would help so I don't end up guesstimating or mistranslating certain things. (Sigh.) So much to do...

Regarding Yui (the script even says it's hair), to copy/paste my post from another thread:

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Another thing regarding hair style/color: Keep in mind that Eva-01 has flowing, flame-like, blue hair at the end of EoE. It's subject to speculation that Eva-01 is "carrying the torch" of Lilith and Adam as a new SoL considering how the Spear is now different, Yui showed the same quantum magic properties of Lilith and Adam during EoE, Eva-01 has become "like a God" during EoE's events, how Yui's going on a "lonely journey" (perhaps to eventually start new life like the FAR or the SoLS?)....

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 31, 2011 4:41 pm

@SSD: I nabbed a lot of the stuff on Nico around a year ago, and a lot of events were missing -- but for all I know that's changed now.

I'm currently in Playing/Recording Mode, and swamping myself with tons of videos to sort through (I record EVERYthing...), so further goodies for this thread specifically are currently pending.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:20 am

is it wrong for me to think of that picture of Eva 1 with the lance one of the most awesome scenes in the entire series?
Will the darkness in their hearts be purified?
"Rawr *Chomp Chomp* RawR *Chomp* *swallow*" - Yui Ikari

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:42 pm

For those interested (and who aren't aware that I'm doing this stuff via that other thread), I've started unloading my haul onto YouTube. No subtitles or anything yet, but it should be nice to look at the videos without having to navigate Nico.

- Angel Ending ("Oyasumi nasai")
- Good Ending ("Arigatou")
- Bonus: Rei's "Labyrinth of the Heart" Ending [not translated in the thread]

Still working on the Seele one. Want to see if I can nab some more footage first.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:40 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:- Bonus: Rei's "Labyrinth of the Heart" Ending [not translated in the thread]

This is quite interesting, do you know if these "Labyrinth of Heart" endings are present in the PSP version? And do you happen to know the requirements for it?

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:56 am

Yeah, who here feels like translating the part where Kaworu DOES NOT get crushed. :kawaii:
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”