Neuromancer film in production

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Neuromancer film in production

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Thu May 19, 2011 7:52 pm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/jacketcopy/2011/05/william-gibsons-cyberpunk-classic-neuromancer-may-finally-get-to-screens.html

I finally read William Gibson's Neuromancer just a year or two ago. It's absolutely fantastic and could be a really great film.

(But I'm not the right one to judge, as I enjoyed Johnny Mnemonic).
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu May 19, 2011 8:44 pm

I've only read one of his books so far, Idoru, and found it quite good indeed.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 am

I'm very doubtful how this will turn out, but I have to re-read the book soon. I read it as a kid and didn't like it much back then, but I think I'll "get" it this time.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri May 20, 2011 6:48 pm

He basically predicted Anonymous, way back in 1984. That alone is pretty impressive.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Mon May 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Read this recently, it's aged pretty well. But seeing as sooo many movies have been inspired by it I doubt it will have the same impact as if it was made a few years back.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Return to “Film and Video”