From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Whatever your mind can come up with.

Korgan
Adam

Postby Korgan » Fri May 06, 2011 5:27 am

Me, I'd love to see some more good lemon+WAFF SxA fics. Like 6 Days by Rommel. Anything where they learn to live with and appreciate each other by having gratuitously detailed sex everywhere all the time. Could anyone please recommend some already existing ones, btw? I find most of the stuff unreadable.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri May 06, 2011 8:48 am

View Original PostKorgan wrote:Me, I'd love to see some more good lemon+WAFF SxA fics. Like 6 Days by Rommel. Anything where they learn to live with and appreciate each other by having gratuitously detailed sex everywhere all the time. Could anyone please recommend some already existing ones, btw? I find most of the stuff unreadable.

Breaching the Garden Gate, Home/Bodies, and Power Plays are the ones I can recall that are written competently (Rommel and Rx7 are your go-to guys for quality smut; Darkscribes had all their stuff, but I don't know where you'd get it now). There are a few others that are decent, but not great.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:36 pm

While composing a reply to the OC thread, my mind delivered up the concept of a Steins;Gate/NGE crossover.

Do I have to draw you a Feynmann diagram?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:29 pm

22: During the lull after the 11th Angel something unexpected and supernatural happens. A demon from ancient Greece is unleashed upon the world, wreaking havoc on an unprepared populace. After finding out about a series of magic artifacts that could stop the demon Asuka, Hikari, Kensuke, Rei, Shinji, and Toji escape from Tokyo-3 and start a quest to find the artifacts. during the course of their journey they grow and develop as their own unique qualities come to light and bonds are forged. But will it be enough to use the artifacts and finally defeat the demon, or will their quest come to an inglorious end so close to the finish line?
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:41 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:While composing a reply to the OC thread, my mind delivered up the concept of a Steins;Gate/NGE crossover.

That would be an interesting take on a Peggy Sue, I think; since the different timelines bleed into one another most of the questionable aspects of the trope would be mitigated. I don't think Shinji or Asuka could handle it, though; the trauma of repeated attempts would kill them in short order.

Perhaps Rei? If anyone can manage it I would think it would be Lilith.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

EveryoneGotTurnedIntoTang
Embryo

Throwing my chip in

Postby EveryoneGotTurnedIntoTang » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Huh, glad I found this thread. Got a few good ideas for fanfics then.

#23: Iruel actually manages to do some damage to the simulation bodies. The pilots aren't harmed...in a physical sense.

As it turns out, they ended up swapping bodies (hey, who knows what caused that?) with Asuka in Rei's body, Shinji in Asuka's, and Rei in Shinji's.

Loads of hilarity ensues, especially with Asuka abusing Rei's body and completely screwing up Gendo's Scenario.

#24: Shinji decides that he can't kill Kaworu, and instead runs off with him in EVA-01, eventually goin on foot when it runs out of power. And thus they have The Fugutive-esque adventures while NERV tries to hunt them down.
Okay, so plot compression I can take. Maybeee the gratuitous fanservice too, though it's quite annoying and illogical (Why does Misato bring her phone into the shower?). But allowing Colonel Sanders to dress up as a cardboard copy of Lilith's legs? I'll never forgive you, Khara.

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby User-iel » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:While composing a reply to the OC thread, my mind delivered up the concept of a Steins;Gate/NGE crossover.

Bagheera wrote:That would be an interesting take on a Peggy Sue, I think; since the different timelines bleed into one another most of the questionable aspects of the trope would be mitigated. I don't think Shinji or Asuka could handle it, though; the trauma of repeated attempts would kill them in short order.

Perhaps Rei? If anyone can manage it I would think it would be Lilith.

This is an idea with appeal!
Yet, I must insist it's not best to place Rei in the traveler's spot. This mostly comes from considerations of personality continuity and good prospects for developing an engaging fiction. As she is defined, is it likely that Rei will undertake the original misuse and exploration of the time warp? And if she's superbly suited to survive the stresses of a paradox-rinse-repeat cycle, won't that reduce the visible displays of suffering we are relying upon for part of the drama?
The selection of a partial match for Okabe (I'll assert there is not a canon match for Kyoma) will flow back from the theme that is chosen to reside in the story. Kaji has his symbolism, and is able to be strongly un-conventional, at least in the social sense. So would he try wiring a phone into a microwave above a CRT? Maya could possibly go off on a mathematical tangent, and grasp the possibility. What part of the past is her heart determined to change? Misato could find some early, declassified works of her father's. It might be that only his daughter can see the potential in some wandering paragraph tacked on to the end of his thesis from graduate school. Will she think that time travel can give her a way to prise the Truth away from NERV and the powers that be? There is also enough 'whitespace' to jump into for Aoba. Just how 'independent minded' is he? Do we fear the Forbidden Union of Kensuke and Narrative? If not, his natural curiosity might get out of hand. He'd like nothing better than a real adventure! Though that might be a short run, since he may lack Okabe's monstrous pain tolerance.

Please, someone try this!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 pm

I don't think I'm the person to write it, but I'd like to see a really well written fic that fleshes out Asuka's father and his relationship with Kyoko and Asuka's stepmother and doesn't play it for laughs or make him out to be a bastard for no reason.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I don't think I'm the person to write it, but I'd like to see a really well written fic that fleshes out Asuka's father and his relationship with Kyoko and Asuka's stepmother and doesn't play it for laughs or make him out to be a bastard for no reason.

In all fairness we do have plenty of reason . . .

Cosman246
Adam

Postby Cosman246 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:52 am

Reposted from sticky:

EDITed

Man, I wish I had time to write fanfiction, as well as the drive to. I do have an idea, which I will leave here as up for grabs:

No shipping, and no Weva characters.
An NGE/Code: Geass/Death Note crossover.

The time is 2017, and the birthdates of the characters have been adjusted in order to make sure they have the same ages as they did in their own canons.
1. NERV is funded mostly by SEELE, but partially by Charles di Britannia
2. L cooperates with the Britannian bureaucracy, and is investigating for Zero *and* Kira, finding particular interest in Ashford Academy (which he enrolls in) and NERV.
3. Light goes to Ashford Academy as an "honorary Britannian"
4. Suzaku is a pilot--and his Eva has Kururugi Genbu's soul (as he was "rushed to the hospital")
5. Before being called as a pilot, Shinji went to Wammy's House, both an orphanage and an elementary boarding school. He now goes to whatever school Nunnally goes to.
6. Lelouch is still Zero, Light is still Kira. Zero and Kira are not connected to each other, and Lelouch has a personal competition with Light.
7. Chairman Kiel, representing the interests of SEELE, and Charles, representing the interests of Britannia, are competing for influence over Gendo. All three parties have some knowledge of SEELE's scenario and Charles's scenario, but neither can attack each other openly due to a preference for secrecy.
8. Lloyd and the Knightmare team cooperate with NERV.
9. C.C. starts out in the custody of SEELE. The Code is an Angel.

The fanfic explores how this would impact the plot of these anime.
#!/bin/sh

I'm sure that the MAGI system is a Beowulf cluster of GNU/Linux boxen. The prototypes probably ran Solaris or AIX.

Why yes, Gendo is my favorite character.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Commonplace Book

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Space Battles did not invent this, so don't accuse of me ripping it off.

Apparently we're not posting ideas for new fics in the recs/etc thread now, and I had a few ideas that don't really deserve their own thread. I'm hoping others will contribute to this, as I'm sure we all have more ideas than we have time to deal with.

The name comes from a notebook kept by H.P. Lovecraft where he jotted down random plot bunnies and lines that popped into his weirdo virgin racist head. I don't know if the name "commonplace book" originates with him. Clive Barker apparently calls his version of this "The Lazarus Requiem" which is kind of funny.

Anyway, I'll start us off with a few ideas that have popped into my head that I'm never going to develop.

1. Instead of a secret organization that operates giant robots, Gendo is the head of a crime family. Asuka is the daughter of the head of a rival clan. Star crossed romance. Tragedy?

2. Evangelions vs. Independence Day

3. Medieval setting. Instead of Evas, the Children wear magic amulets that gradually eat the wearer's soul in exchange for magic power and the knowledge of their ancestors. Ordinarily the amulet wearers are always female, but Yui engineered a Kwisatzch Haderach scenario that will enable Shinji to wear hers. (If you see a fantasy novel with a premise similar to this pop up in the next few years with suspiciously Eva like characters, you don't have to ask, it's me)

4. One of the angels, upon dying, emits an unknown but extremely powerful at-field like energy burst. The next morning, every single adult on the entire planet has been regressed to the age of 14. Contrary to all expectations, Misato is flat as a board and Ritsuko mocks her relentlessly. (I might do this one, too) Shinji gets into a fistfight with Gendo over Rei, and Asuka develops a crush on Fuyutsuki.

5. Shinji peggy sues, but meets his own past self. Every time he repeats the cycle, he continues to age, until he can no longer pass for his double.

6. The Evas are roughly human-sized mobile suits, and rather than fighting individual giant angels the pilots fight the leaders of the angelic armies while the rank and file fight humanity.

7. Ten thousand years in the future, the descendants of a Lilith-type entity face an invasion from the human empire, who use FAR technology for transportation and weapons, and are ruled over by the despotic Shinji, who merged with Adam and Lilith during Third Impact and became a god. The humans use AT-Fields for shields and propulsion, Ramiel based energy weapons, and can capture the souls of their dead soldiers and insert them in new bodies.

8. When he's taken into Leliel, Shinji accidentally crosses into a universe where Asuka died in the volcano; Shinji overthrew his father and uses his sole control of the last remaining Eva to rule the broken remnants of humanity, who live in fear of him.

9. Asuka discovers chess. She further discovers that she's terrible, and Shinji has an inexplicably keen strategic mind.

10. The Geofront is haunted by Stephen King's It.

11. The Antarctic contact experiment fails, but there is no explosion, and Adam is intact.

12. Rei accidentally brings home a romance novel from the library along with her other books.

13. The teacher of Class 2-A hides a terrible secret.

14. Drifting lifelessly in space, Yui-as-Unit 01 is discovered by the descendants of humanity, now spread to the stars. She cannot interact with them, but they pass the time by telling stories of her time, which has passed into myth and legend.

15. There is a third type of Seed of Life.

16. As Shinji drags a catatonic Asuka through a post apocalyptic wasteland, he finds taunting messages from someone that seems to be following him.

17. Kyoko, knowing what is about to happen and wishing to spare her daughter the pain of seeing her mother with all her maternal empathy destroyed, sabotages the experiment to make sure that she'll simply disappear, like Yui did.

18. During the first activation test, Unit Zero remains active long enough to kill Gendo and Ritsuko.

19. Instead of forcing it to evolve into a dead end, Ritsuko makes contact with Iruel and reasons with it instead.

20. Unit 04 is not destroyed. It is the only Eva with a male resident soul, and it comes to lust after Misato.

21. Asuka gets it in her head to be a real bad girl, and instead of demanding a kiss from Shinji, steals alcohol from Misato.

22. Misato dies during the Bardiel incident.

23. Shinji saves Asuka from certain death in the volcano, but at the cost of his own life.

24. The local fauna eat pieces of Ramiel, and grow to monstrous proportions. Pen Pen becomes sentient.

25. Every time the Eva goes berserk, Shinji experience steroid-like effects.

26. Rei dies during the Ramiel battle, but Shinji doesn't realize it. When his attempts to thank her are rebuffed and she shows signs of amnesia, being in a more stable place he's able to make bolder overtures towards her, and eventually discerns the truth. Gendo intervenes.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:42 am

See also this thread -- http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/10405/From-Your-Lips-to-the-Authors-Ears-Story-Ideas/

I just went ahead and merged them since the older one got bumped too - NemZ
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Malevolo
Adam

Post-Apocaliptical - Mankind Recovery - Attack from FAR

Postby Malevolo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:02 am

Well, using a idea that has been fleshed out by Bagheera...

Trying to fleshing out the recovery of mankind being done in the year of 2030, with a Shinji and Asuka that are visually scarred from third impact, they don't age past the apex of human body (at 25) but can die from damage done to the body, and can only age if they suffer severe damage on the body because their cells can't keep renovating themselves and creating a bunch of new one ( a new take on Hayflik limit);

Well Shinji has to cope with the guilty of destroying the world and has taken on himself the job to take the world from the ashes to a new era of hope; Asuka can't stop the nightmares and awake-dreams so she gets as much work as she can and lives under suppressants of dreams she can use.

He's one of the top tier of Neo-Terra officials, and Asuka the defense minister of Gran-Europe.

Them a new threat comes up, the other five FAR seeds, seeking justice for the killing of one of them.

"The sons will bear the sins of the fathers"

The focus would be the geopolitical problems of this fascist organization coming up on the earth, the united earth directory, and the international division of work.

what do you think about it?

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:44 am

Give it a try.

I had this crazy idea come to me in a daydream today. Everyone loves crossing Gurren Lagann with NGE, right? Where this inevitably leads to Kamina inspiring Shinji?

Well, this comes with a bit of a twist - it's in the Qverse.

Feel free to write this off as just another attempt of "manning up" Shinji, even though I personally find that concept abhorrent as it reduces him to an emotional retard who is barely above communicating in grunts.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:44 am

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:Well, this comes with a bit of a twist - it's in the Qverse.

Meaning, in other words, that Kamina's advice and efforts serve only to doom the world further?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:54 am

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I had this crazy idea come to me in a daydream today. Everyone loves crossing Gurren Lagann with NGE, right? Where this inevitably leads to Kamina inspiring Shinji?

Have you been daydreaming, or have you been reading this post lately?

If there's someone to teach Shinji to believe in himself, it's the elder Simon, not Kamina. I would bundle Kamina with Rei and Soryu, but not with Shinji.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:12 pm

ayy
Last edited by Clover on Sat May 02, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 pm

In my continuing efforts to facilitate this forum becoming a more productive hub for fanfic writters this thread has been promoted to sticky.

But remember, an idea by itself is worthless until someone delivers on the promise it holds. Don't spam this thread up just for the hell of it... make sure the ideas you add are things you actually wish you could read or that you think hold serious merit.
Last edited by NemZ on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Oxopoha
Lilith

Postby Oxopoha » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:35 pm

I've been bouncing this idea around in my head for a while.

Basically, Rei/Lillith seeing that Shinji's instrumentality is resulting in time loops decides to restart at the time Shinji first arrived in Tokyo-3. Pretty standard peggy sue right? The twist comes in the fact that Rei is still fused with Lillith, meaning she has to deal with the fact that A. There are now two Lilliths, B. she's basically walking angel bait, and C. in order to effect the timeline in a productive way she has to keep the fact that she's a second lillith hidden from NERV.

I'll admit it's not the most fleshed out, but, I think it would be an interesting concept.
"Shinji Ikari: Eroge Meta-Protagonist" - Agentomega
Just what you'd expect from the master Mr. Anno

Return to “Fanfiction”