Puella Magi Madoka Magika [2]

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Obstermaxmaster
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Obstermaxmaster » Wed May 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Watched Maria Holic Alive Ep.4 today. Guess what I saw?

http://img706.imageshack.us/g/mariaholicxpmmmcrossove.jpg/
I WISH DAYLIGHT SAVINGS NEVER HAPPENED SO WE CAN WATCH MORE KARE KANO ~ C.A.P. ON SKYPE

cramergamer
Adam

Postby cramergamer » Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 pm

slightly off topic, but is it just me, or is anime unusually good this year?

I mean, between the 18-25 new shows per season, usually only 4-5 are worth watching, and out of those only 1 or 2 are more than just "good".

This season alone, we have almost 9-10 series worth watching, almost 5 of them being more than just "good" (Nichijou, Ano Hana, Iroha, Tiger and Bunny, ALL IN ONE SEASON?! Holy Christ!)

Last season we had Star Driver Finale, Madoka (though it technically leaked a little into this season, but it is excusable because it is the BEST ANIME to air in atleast 2 years), and Fractale (which was really good despite not living up to its potential and hype.)

Fall looks to be amazing as well, with promises of Fate/Zero in october. With Gen on script and Yuki Kajiura on music I really do not see how it could possibly go wrong.

I do not know what summer looks like, but I will not be surprised if it ends up fantastic as well. I guess Anime wants to prove it still rocks before the world dies next year, right guys?
Representative from /a/ with a mission.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 pm

This season alone, we have almost 9-10 series worth watching, almost 5 of them being more than just "good" (Nichijou, Ano Hana, Iroha, Tiger and Bunny, ALL IN ONE SEASON?! Holy Christ!)

Also steins gate.

Last season we had Star Driver Finale, Madoka (though it technically leaked a little into this season, but it is excusable because it is the BEST ANIME to air in atleast 2 years), and Fractale (which was really good despite not living up to its potential and hype.)

I dunno about it being the best in the last two years, personally I liked katanagatari and psg a bit more, but it is certainly the best so far this year anyway.

I just had a thought of something, what if the anime industry starts heading in the directioon of "intelligent moe" I know this sounds like a contradiction, but that's essentially what madoka and bakemonogatari were, moe shows that actually had good storylines. And it would appear this was not lost on the fanbase as both had really good sales. After eva we started seeing a bunch of eva knockoffs pop up, should be interesting to see if the same thing happens here. If there's anyone with brains in the industry the fact that these sold really well should not be lost on them when planning for new shows. Personally I dont care much for moe, but if you gotta have it, it's better to have moe with brains imo.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Thu May 05, 2011 12:14 am

View Original Postcramergamer wrote:slightly off topic, but is it just me, or is anime unusually good this year?
There have been some really good shows for the past few years. Last year saw Tatami Galaxy, Sora no Woto, House of Five Leaves, PSG, Katanagatari, and Star Driver, several of which I'd consider better than anything that's aired yet this year. Madoka and possibly Ano Hana so far look like they're of the same caliber, though. Hanasaku Iroha might be too, if it improves a little.

in other news,
SPOILER: Show

that's right, cry your delicious tears, you beautiful dead Madonna
:)

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu May 05, 2011 2:20 am

That's really sad but still very cute.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu May 05, 2011 2:33 am

Why should she cry over a chocolate cupcake?

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu May 05, 2011 3:24 am

She has nobody to share it with.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu May 05, 2011 4:06 am

View Original PostObstermaxmaster wrote:Watched Maria Holic Alive Ep.4 today. Guess what I saw?

http://img706.imageshack.us/g/mariaholicxpmmmcrossove.jpg/

I posted the same here on Apr 28 but it is great to have a reminder for everyone!

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:More news on Ume Aoki's "doujinshi":
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51255844.html

The amazing thing is in the blog article. The second-hand Ume Aoki's doujinshi was selling at 4725 yen at K-Books (and is now gone) and at 8400 yen (!!!) at Mandarake (the price at the doujin event was 500 yen). :gasp: At the event each person was allowed to buy a max of 2 copies so probably one went to the second hand doujin store....
:jawdrop: According to the article, apparently the Kyouko x Sayaka manga got the highest praise...

As for the quality of anime this year, it has been high but as others have already said it is not low in the previous year or the one before either. Last year we also had Disappearance of Haruhi too, and the year before we had Bakemonogatari.

As for "intelligent moe", it seems to be a natural way to go as moe gets more diversified. I am pretty fine with pure moe comedy but if it goes intelligent I am even more supportive :)

PS - So what was the 4chan reaction at the recordbreaking first week BD+DVD sales of PMMM vol.1 ?

OMAKE 1 - update of the anime rivalry chart -- one change is the sales figure is now in units of Fractale !!

OMAKE 2 - Bakemonogatari crossover!!

OMAKE 3 - The full cast...WOW !!!!
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu May 05, 2011 4:59 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Somebody decided to make a Mahou Shoujo RPG, apparently.
It´s real, by the way.

It´s Yume Nikki all over again, huh.

Repost cause my edit got swallowed up by the new page

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu May 05, 2011 5:26 am

^ It's just pics or there is actually a game that is available somewhere?

All Omake again:

OMAKE 1 - for fans of Sayaka

OMAKE 2 - for fans of Kyouko

OMAKE 3 - for fans of Sayaka and Kyouko (non-yuri)

OMAKE 4 - crossover with K-On again !!

OMAKE 5 - post PMMM ep.12 HomuMado yuri
Madoka... love me, not love me...love me......love....

not love...LOVE...

H - Madoka.... (kyun.....) :heart:
QB - I have absolutely no idea..
God Madoka - Homura-chan is so cute
(guest appearance) - what are you doing...
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

tender
Embryo

Postby tender » Thu May 05, 2011 6:18 am

Hehehe.

/still waiting for the soundtrack

Also, I think this is my favorite "Magi characters with a different TV theme" video: 【MAD】The Melancholy of Madoka Kaname (鹿目まどかの憂鬱)

^^
Last edited by tender on Thu May 05, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

cramergamer
Adam

Postby cramergamer » Thu May 05, 2011 6:45 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:
As for the quality of anime this year, it has been high but as others have already said it is not low in the previous year or the one before either. Last year we also had Disappearance of Haruhi too, and the year before we had Bakemonogatari.

As for "intelligent moe", it seems to be a natural way to go as moe gets more diversified. I am pretty fine with pure moe comedy but if it goes intelligent I am even more supportive :)

PS - So what was the 4chan reaction at the recordbreaking first week BD+DVD sales of PMMM vol.1 ?

The 4chan reaction is mixed, as you would expect from an anonymous subcollective. Trolls, Indifference, "i told you so"'s, Fuck yeahs, and more reactions were abound. Then they were snuffed out. Aside from the occasional QB/homura/Kyokoxsayaka/Sayaka/"have you prayed to your god today" thread, Madoka is hardly mentioned anymore outside of complete troll responses. But that is to be expected. /a/ talks then moves on the next thing. Otherwise you are a shit poster reiterating on old shit. I think I will make this thread my new home for any Madoka Discussion.

And by increased quality of anime, I mean that in general, there is a higher number of good shows so far this year compared to previous years. a lot more good shows. That is not saying the last few years did not have good shows, They had great shows. But the number this year so far is much higher.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:^ It's just pics or there is actually a game that is available somewhere?

It´s available, but I can´t post links to torrent trackers here.

cramergamer
Adam

Postby cramergamer » Thu May 05, 2011 10:20 am

Hey, doesnt the first volume of oriko magica come out today? Should we prepare our bodies for the potential sequel?

Sanctus Scorpius
Embryo

Postby Sanctus Scorpius » Thu May 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Madoka wiki says May 12 for Oriko.

No need to prepare any bodies until a week from now.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu May 05, 2011 12:49 pm

JEEZUZ

cramergamer
Adam

Postby cramergamer » Thu May 05, 2011 12:53 pm

View Original PostSanctus Scorpius wrote:Madoka wiki says May 12 for Oriko.

No need to prepare any bodies until a week from now.

>Implying it wont take a full week if not more to prepare my body.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu May 05, 2011 1:22 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:JEEZUZ

Shotacon End is the best end

Homura pulled a Maya (Kumashiro) :hahaha:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu May 05, 2011 8:57 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:
Excellent. :crush:

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu May 05, 2011 11:11 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Image

JEEZUZ

Dark Homu and Boy Wonder, FTW. :lol:

Return to “Anime and Manga”