Will there ever be a fansub of the Iron Maiden 2 game?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Will there ever be a fansub of the Iron Maiden 2 game?

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:04 am

I played through the first Girlfriend of Steel the other day, and while it didn't exactly meet my definition of a game, I thought it was a fun little nugget of Eva goodness to fool around with. But is someone ever going to fansub Girlfriend of Steel 2? I've seen the Japanese version floating around on torrents, but I know that it won't be worth playing if I don't understand the dialogue, since that's pretty much everything that these games are.

Is it a matter of GOS2 using a more difficult to mod code than the first game? Because that seems highly unlikely to me. Or could it be that modders don't think there's enough interest in the game to warrent fansubbing it? Or has it just not been out long enough for people to actually get around to doing it? I dont know how long the original GOS fansub has been around, but the game itself is a lot older than GOS2, so that might be the case.

I know there are lots of people who would like to play the game with subtitles, but without any fansub projects known, that seems like a pipedream right now. I really wish someone would just sit down and do it though!

the3rdchildren
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby the3rdchildren » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:06 am

I'd love a translation patch for Another Code on the PSP, but like a translation of Girlfriend of Steel 2 it probably isn't going to happen. Official or unofficial.

It's a real shame, considering how oversaturated the PS2 market is with undoubtedly crapper games, a little Eva goodness wouldn't go amiss.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:03 pm

i wish they would translate it so i would know what they were saying all I can do is drool over Kaworu
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:12 am

itll happen eventually.....not for a long time though

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:59 pm

long long long long long time. I just hope ADV doesnt destroy it if they get thier grubby little mittens on it

"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:05 pm

Maybe ADV will include it with NGE's Blu-Ray release? BR players support games, afterall.

Still, I'd prefer a free fansub. ;)

the3rdchildren
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby the3rdchildren » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:24 pm

Timstuff wrote:Maybe ADV will include it with NGE's Blu-Ray release?

If the format is even around long enough to see a NGE release...

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AuthenticM » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:54 pm

the3rdchildren wrote:
Timstuff wrote:Maybe ADV will include it with NGE's Blu-Ray release?

If the format is even around long enough to see a NGE release...

Don't worry, it will.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Legend of the Past » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:40 am

You make the GOS games sound so good, when they're really, really not. Totally linear games with GOS 1 having a very stupid plot. If it didn't have those ShinjiXAsuka scenes I doubt I'd play it. <_<
New Signature Policy

It all returns to nothing...

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

g

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:54 am

True, they aren't very good. In fact, calling them "games" might be an insult to game makers, since IMO they don't even have enough interactivity to be called a game any more than a "choose your own adventure" book (possibly even less in the case of the first game). But, seeing as I got to play GOS for free, and that I got some enjoyment out of it, I think it's something that is worth Eva fans fooling around with.

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Legend of the Past » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:47 am

It's not something you can't enjoy due your fanboyism\girlsim, but really, they make it sound like such a big ride. Of course, I didn't shell out any cash for it either, but...

They're so excited over something that's really not exciting. The AU Eva was good as comic relief, but there's only so much stupidity you can absorb before it really get on your nerves.
New Signature Policy

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:47 pm

while it is true that the games are not good, they are just fun.

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Legend of the Past » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:30 pm

Evangelionfreak wrote:while it is true that the games are not good, they are just fun.

They're not fun neither, because you don't do anything in them. It's like watching a semi-canon, very long and extremly annoying episode. And not even a good one. I played it for the Asuka X Shinji art, otherwise I wouldn't touch the game.
New Signature Policy

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:41 pm

I dont mean fun as in you are having fun. I just mean that its just fun as an evangelion fan.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:01 pm

I "played" Girlfriend of Steel 1, which was fun in terms of character interaction (espeically Asuka's constant teasing/flirting with Shinji. ^^; "Who will my future groom be", "I could be a replacement for Mana if you want", etc) and exploring NERV, but it's not really much of a game since you pretty much watch scenes of events happening for 10 minutes+, such as towards the end when the Evas have to stop this out of control mecha.

Still, I would kinda be interested in playing GoS 2, just to see how the voice actors can pull off the orginal seiyuu and how the game is. (the fact the orginal cast doesn't take part in that (from what I read at least) is a minus, but still...)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:33 pm

lets just say its not the best way to introduce someone to NGE...

the games are hardly games...

but its fanservice nothing more....

and also...you get what you pay for

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:11 pm

I'll bump this thread, because I still haven't played GoS2 due to the language barrier, which makes me sad. :(

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:29 pm

I recently played GoS2, which I thought was amusing and MUCH more interactive then GoS1! Even if it's never fan-translated, at least we have Reichu's walkthrough! :)

On a similar note, has anybody ever played the Raising Ayanami with Asuka PS2 game? I'd be interested in playing it, but I need to know these things before shelling out %50-some dollars for it: (Thank God I found something of a help guide for this one, too!)

~Do Convertors work on this? eg, are you able to play it through your PS2 that way?

~When playing, can you make both Rei and Asuka fall for Shinji-kun, or is your only romantic option the guy that's raising them?? (I really hope you can make Rei and then Asuka end up with Shinji; that'd be fun! :))

~Is this an actual game as opposed to the GoS games? Basically, what's the interactivity like/how do you raise them?

EDIT: GoS2 DOES have the seiyuu, as does that Raising Ayanami with Asuka game

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 pm

There used to be an image archive of the Rei raising project game, but I've yet to see a single screenshot from the "Asuka" part of the game. I personally wouldn't buy the game simply because I'd feel silly paying money for it, particularly because I wouldn't be able to get much out of it because of the language barrier.

I actually got GOS2 off of a torrent and seed it fairly regularly, but I've yet to attempt playing it because I know that even if I could navigate the game, I'd be missing the story. Out of curiousity though, where is Reichu's walkthrough?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:03 pm

Ta-da! http://evacommentary.org/omake/gos2_faq.txt

Luckily I know some Japanese (hiragana & katakana), not enough to read much Kanji, but at least it's something.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”