What anime are you watching right now? Dec10-Apr11

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

"Masou Shoujo" has to be the best pun of all time.

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:56 pm

At the behest of my friend, I've put Sky Girls on hold (halfway through) and started watching Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? and Queen's Blade.

I liked the first episode of Zombie and it looks hilariously promising, but Queen's Blade is what really caught my attention. Now, I'm all for gratuitous fanservice (Strike Witches being one of my favorite anime and all), but I can't help but feel that in this case it just distracts from everything else. The characters are complex and interesting and the action is good, but when 70% of every scene is obscured by huge breasts it gets a little irritating after a while.

Maybe it's just because I prefer DFC? I dunno. It's still a good show. I'm almost finished with the first season.

Sky Girls is kind of boring. I really wanted to like it because of my obsession with Humikane Shimada's character designs, but.... meh. It's slow and anti-climactic and they never really give you much reason to tune in to the next episode. Sonomiya is adorable, though.

symbv wrote:The 2chan joke now is if 883 = 1 Fractale, how many Fractales would be Madoka's sales figure? Could it be 100 Fractales?

:lol:

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: "Masou Shoujo" has to be the best pun of all t

Postby toe mash » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:23 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:I liked the first episode of Zombie and it looks hilariously promising

Korean zombie is great brah. It has a real unique style of comedy involving great deadpan jokes and sometimes just weird corny (but funny) ones. I really hope for a 2nd season.

Also I dropped a few shows and finished with some other ones that I was dying to get over with.. oh god it feels good :nod:

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Korean Zombie Desk Car is great, mang.

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:06 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Korean zombie is great brah. It has a real unique style of comedy involving great deadpan jokes and sometimes just weird corny (but funny) ones.

Yeah, the noises the lobster kept making in the first episode had me laughing out loud.

I only watched Madoka last season so I missed out on all the other good shows.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:12 pm

if you watched Madoka I don't think you missed anything really worthwhile except Hourou Musuko

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Killer Bee always makes the right decision. Hoo-yah!

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:18 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:if you watched Madoka I don't think you missed anything really worthwhile except Hourou Musuko

And I only skipped Hourou Musuko because I wanted to read the manga first. :shrug:

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:45 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:if you watched Madoka I don't think you missed anything really worthwhile except Hourou Musuko

And Level E, Kimi ni Todoke, and Literature Girl Memoir.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:51 pm

if you watched Madoka I don't think you missed anything really worthwhile except Hourou Musuko

I thought fractale looked pretty good from what I saw of it. I've only watched about half of it though.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:59 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:I thought fractale looked pretty good from what I saw of it. I've only watched about half of it though.

Well that explains it :P

Also Fireball was a real short but fun anime. I'll watch the 2nd season when it finishes airing.

:arrow:

Return to “Old Stickies”