Evangelion cameos?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Israfel777
Embryo

Evangelion cameos?

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:10 am

I don't know if this has been made already. But I thought I'd bring it up.

I've seen a couple of Eva cameos in some games or such. Things like Evas being somewhere in another series, the use of the themes in an anime, and even odd versions of the pilots.

Right now, there's only one I can mention right off hand, and that's from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. Episode 3 : Sci-Fi Abenobashi.

They had one part that used the battle theme from Eva in it, and even attempted to interpret an Angel into the episode.

Any others?

SSGokuJr
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SSGokuJr » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:44 am

The D Type Equipment was in FFVII at the Gold Saucer, and I remeber somwhere there was a mech that looke like Eva 1 In a Justice Leauge Episode.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Evangelion cameos?

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:10 am

Israfel777 wrote:I don't know if this has been made already. But I thought I'd bring it up.

I've seen a couple of Eva cameos in some games or such. Things like Evas being somewhere in another series, the use of the themes in an anime, and even odd versions of the pilots.

Right now, there's only one I can mention right off hand, and that's from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. Episode 3 : Sci-Fi Abenobashi.

They had one part that used the battle theme from Eva in it, and even attempted to interpret an Angel into the episode.

Any others?

There are plenty around

GITS: SAC 2nd (episode 20)- A Tachikoma comments that the entrance to the underground submarine base looks like a "Geofront". This is a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

GTO (Great teacher Onizuka) manga -

There are several references to the Evangelion anime:

Noburu has several posters of Evangelion in his room.

When Onizuka mysteriously wins the swimming contest against Fukuroda, he says he wants to buy Evangelion trading cards with the award money.

After shaking hands with Fuyutsuki-sensei (maybe Azusa last name was taken too from Evangelion), Teshigawara wears white gloves and glasses, like Ikari Gendo, and also fixs up his glasses on his nose and grins like this character.

When Miyabi dyes her hair light blue, Onizuka is aroused and believes she tries to look like the Evangelion female lead character Rei Ayanami.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:17 pm

In Excel Saga, episode 1, Rikdo's room is full of anime memorabilia. Among these is a (if I recall correctly) white robot thingy with pylons (sp?) on it's shoulders.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:46 pm

Timesplitter 01 wrote:GITS: SAC 2nd (episode 20)- A Tachikoma comments that the entrance to the underground submarine base looks like a "Geofront". This is a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Actually, it's a reference to the original GitS manga, and both Shirow and Anno refer to prior art, in that - surprisingly for an earthquake prone region - there was a lot of interest during the '80s boom in building such extra underground facilities to eke out the land area and feed the construction industry.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

the3rdchildren
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby the3rdchildren » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:22 pm

I'm pretty sure the last episode of that Haruhoorayhi Suzumammamia show had a choking reference to The End of Evangelion in it, but it isn't a cameo per say.

Ripple_in_Eternity
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ripple_in_Eternity » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:30 pm

[deleted by user]
Last edited by Ripple_in_Eternity on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:49 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
Timesplitter 01 wrote:GITS: SAC 2nd (episode 20)- A Tachikoma comments that the entrance to the underground submarine base looks like a "Geofront". This is a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Actually, it's a reference to the original GitS manga, and both Shirow and Anno refer to prior art, in that - surprisingly for an earthquake prone region - there was a lot of interest during the '80s boom in building such extra underground facilities to eke out the land area and feed the construction industry.

That may be true but it is somewhat of an EVA reference
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:04 pm

Not that it counts, but...

I threw a couple of NGE references into a screenplay I've been working on. If it ever makes it to the big screen, keep an ear open for this bit:

[code:1] SEIKO
“Reiko Ayanami”...

She lies back and puts her hands behind her head.

SEIKO
That was the name I was supposed to put on
anything I had to fill out while I was there...
Just a prodigy on loan from MacArthur base.

KURZ
Wasn't that the name of a cartoon character?

SEIKO
Yeah... from Freon Hypothesis Revelation or
something like that. Before our time, probably.

She rolls over.

SEIKO
Wake me up early, okay?[/code:1]

Rei_Unit00
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Unit00 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:06 am

In episode 2, Fire Starter (I believe), of Fooly Cooly, Kamon, Naota's father goes on this rant because of Canti and then Haruko asks what that ment, then Naota said that Kamon "Wrote a book on the deep mysteries of EVA".

I can't remember the rant, though.

And in one episode of Kappa Mikey (I actually watch that. It's fun to spot the anime cameos, It's like "I Spy"), a random character that was seen once looks like Rei Ayanami.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:10 am

You can find a bunch more cameos on the original thread for this Here
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Legend of the Past » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:56 am

If you want to be a bastard, you can say the entirety of RahXephon fits into this label.

Anyway... Could be just coincidence, but Yuki from 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' reminds me of Rei. Also, Digimon Froniter's Wargrowlmon (sp?) reminds much of Sho-chan. D-Ripper reminds of LCL, but only faintly.
New Signature Policy

It all returns to nothing...

dogmai
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dogmai » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:11 am

in keroro gunso/sgt. frog when fuyuki and the girl are telling keroro about their mother there is a pic of unit01 in the background

the3rdchildren
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby the3rdchildren » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:03 pm

Rei_Unit00 wrote:In episode 2, Fire Starter (I believe), of Fooly Cooly, Kamon, Naota's father goes on this rant because of Canti and then Haruko asks what that ment, then Naota said that Kamon "Wrote a book on the deep mysteries of EVA".

Didn't Haruko also call the horn sticking out of Naota's (was that even his name?) head "Eva syndrome" or something?
Last edited by the3rdchildren on Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaworu Nagisa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kaworu Nagisa » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:38 pm

The end of Kingdom Hearts 2 was very End of Evaish (SPOILERS)

- Crazy villain is willing to take evrybodies hearts away to make everybody a non-human.

- Hearts fall down to the earth in a very "lilith soul reaper" esque sequence

- Close to final scene has two characters by themselves on a surreal beach.

- Kairi gives Sora a very "Yuish" line about hearts, and it ultimately opens up a door to the happy ending evrybody wanted.
Kaworu died for your sins > . >

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:33 am

Ditto Keroro Gunso ep#48
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:38 am

the3rdchildren wrote:I'm pretty sure the last episode of that Haruhoorayhi Suzumammamia show had a choking reference to The End of Evangelion in it, but it isn't a cameo per say.

not a cameo but yuki does her best Rei impersonation in episode 4 or 5 i think where she explains everything to kyon.

in keroro gunso/sgt. frog when fuyuki and the girl are telling keroro about their mother there is a pic of unit01 in the background

beat me to it.
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

SSGokuJr
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SSGokuJr » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:23 am

Kaworu Nagisa wrote:The end of Kingdom Hearts 2 was very End of Evaish (SPOILERS)

- Crazy villain is willing to take evrybodies hearts away to make everybody a non-human.

- Hearts fall down to the earth in a very "lilith soul reaper" esque sequence

- Close to final scene has two characters by themselves on a surreal beach.

- Kairi gives Sora a very "Yuish" line about hearts, and it ultimately opens up a door to the happy ending evrybody wanted.

yeah the part with Sora an Riku is kinda Evaish, but the rest I don't know.

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am

Legend of the Past wrote:If you want to be a bastard, you can say the entirety of RahXephon fits into this label.

I just remembered that one, the Dolems from RahXephon share some of the same attacks and/or structures to that of the Angels of NGE.

Expecially the Leliel rip off. And also, they use the word "Instrumentality" in the series, but referring it to music, the sound used to control RahXephon. =/

*sigh* And I saw that series for a while before I even knew what NGE was, stupid me. :x

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:21 am

Israfel777 wrote:
Legend of the Past wrote:If you want to be a bastard, you can say the entirety of RahXephon fits into this label.

I just remembered that one, the Dolems from RahXephon share some of the same attacks and/or structures to that of the Angels of NGE.

Expecially the Leliel rip off. And also, they use the word "Instrumentality" in the series, but referring it to music, the sound used to control RahXephon. =/

*sigh* And I saw that series for a while before I even knew what NGE was, stupid me. :x

The pilots were Instrumentalists due to the fact that the RahXephon was seen as an Instrument to craft a new world.

I enjoyed RahXephon, and although I noticed a few Eva-ish things I thought it stood on its own as a great show. I did notice the very first shot was of the telephone pole and wires, which reminded me of the opening shot in EoE.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”