Suggestion

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Suggestion

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Perhaps we could make a name change request thread, just in case for those who don't like their name. You open it for 2 weeks, close it for six months, repeat. To make sure people don't mix other people up, you could have it so someone's previous alias would show up under their avatar. And so people don't constantly change their names, do a thread lock for a few months. I'm on a forum that does that (changed my name three times), and it can be handy if you don't like your name.

I remember when for April Fools when the admin set all our names to superhero characters for the day. That was a laugh.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Alternate, better suggestion: Make a thread where everyone who posts in it has their name changed at random to a complete nonsequitur.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:36 pm

It could be a separate thread, if we really want it.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:38 pm

I think we're all pretty happy with how it is now.

You pick a name and you stick with it.

HOWEVER:

On a case by case basis, for people who are established, we will consider a name change. It is ordinarily a relatively simple change, but we're thorough and update instances of the name use in the database, so that way things like quotations, and references to user names in posts, signatures, and so forth will be properly updated. Otherwise there's a weird memory disconnect, especially for newer people. We want to avoid doing that as much as possible.

Whenever we do it, the thing we ask is "Are you sure? You're going to be stuck with this new name for a while".

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:02 am

It would be nice if this site had image sigs.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am

Having seen the results of permitting image sigs on other forums, the answer is "No, it wouldn't".
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 am

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:It would be nice if this site had image sigs.

It used to.

I, for one, don't miss them.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:17 am

I think the problem with that was that they were too oversized (and by that I mean tall)? Yeah, it truly is a pain to scroll through those. One of the forums I go to have a rule about having the Sig pics only being 80-100 pixels high (I'm one of the only people who use Pics in their Sig in that forum), if you ever think about it (I doubt it though).
The Moats of Quotes

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:42 am

View Original PostBobBQ wrote:It used to.

I, for one, don't miss them.

Nor do I. Signatures in general are overused. We do NOT need image signatures. End of story.

If anyone is going to get image sigs, it will be admin to identify them as such.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Yeah. Considering the leniency of how big pictures posted here can get, it's absolutely unnecessary to bloat thread lengths with idiotic, narcissistic images.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”