Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 am

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:14 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THE DUB. IT WILL BE AMAZING.

I would actually not be surprised if Samuel L. Jackson got on board with this.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:45 pm

I'd prefer Charlie Murphy.

CHARLIE MURPHY!

Obstermaxmaster
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Obstermaxmaster » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:59 pm

^AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I AM GONE FOR A FEW DAYS!
FUNIMATION, YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
:boingy: :peace: :woohoo: :yippee:
I WISH DAYLIGHT SAVINGS NEVER HAPPENED SO WE CAN WATCH MORE KARE KANO ~ C.A.P. ON SKYPE

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:30 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:LOL Gainax top page image! (April 15)

http://gainax.co.jp/index.html

What, no dicks to suck? Might as well go all the way.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:24 pm

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:What, no dicks to suck? Might as well go all the way.

We get it. You don't like the show. Now do us all a favour and shut the fuck up. I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say I'm not in the mood for anymore of your goddamned bullshit in this thread. Stop reading it. Stop posting in this thread. No one is forcing you to read this thread or watch the show. Now move along.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:24 pm

This thread is now awkward.

It is time we remedy that!

16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:30 pm

I didn't get this show. It seemed like my cup of tea from the visuals and buzz, but once I started watching it I got bored to the point of annoyance or vice versa by the fourth episode and dumped it. Was that a mistake?

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 pm

View Original PostHexon.Arq wrote:I didn't get this show. It seemed like my cup of tea from the visuals and buzz, but once I started watching it I got bored to the point of annoyance or vice versa by the fourth episode and dumped it. Was that a mistake?

Yes. You should ALWAYS give an anime 6 episodes.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:18 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Yes. You should ALWAYS give an anime 6 episodes.

If episode 6 doesn't rock my world, I'm going to wherever it is you sleep and I'm bringing a full bladder with me.

_get some help

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:10 am

View Original PostHexon.Arq wrote:If episode 6 doesn't rock my world, I'm going to wherever it is you sleep and I'm bringing a full bladder with me.

Episode 6 is arguably the best in the series and contains pretty much what everyone hoped P&S would have. Watch it.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:13 pm

View Original PostHexon.Arq wrote:Was that a mistake?
Not really. Beyond the westaboo reference dropping, and innuendo, it relied on finding cute Japanese girls swearing like chavs funny.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:15 pm

No doubt that PSWG is a Marmite show -- you either love it or hate it, and there's not much accounting for either preference.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:23 pm

View Original Postdrinian wrote:No doubt that PSWG is a Marmite show -- you either love it or hate it, and there's not much accounting for either preference.

I am the rare kind of in the middle. Enjoy part of its moments (idea, parodies, music, outrageous-ness) but not liking some (I am a lot more used to the anime kind of character design so the overly western style is a down for me, overloaded cursing and irreverent language, overdone outrageous-ness). At the end I enjoy enough to finish the series but I do not follow how one can love it so much or hate it so much :shrug:

BTW, I find there are surprisingly many PSwG doujin here...
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:00 am

Ok....I got to ask, who the heck did the "Fallen Angel" single for the ED music in Panty and Stocking? I know its Aimee B, but i cant' find any links that reveal who the singer is? And what she looks like? For a Japanese singer....she does some pretty good english vocals.....

Anyone care to give me some pointers?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:36 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Ok....I got to ask, who the heck did the "Fallen Angel" single for the ED music in Panty and Stocking? I know its Aimee B, but i cant' find any links that reveal who the singer is? And what she looks like? For a Japanese singer....she does some pretty good english vocals.....

Anyone care to give me some pointers?

What are you talking about? I thought Aimee B was the vocalist.

_get some help

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:43 am

View Original PostHexon.Arq wrote:What are you talking about? I thought Aimee B was the vocalist.

It may not be as simple as it looks, because there is no official information you can find about "Aimee B" in Japan. And so far I can only find the pic above only in overseas sites linking it to Aimee B. Simply we don't know who this Aimee B is.

Some fans in Japan link Aimee B to one Aimee Blackschleger who sings some song in a soccer game named "Winning Eleven" by the likeness of voice, but nobody confirmed it yet, and even if Aimee B is Aimee Blackschleger, details of Aimee Blackschleger do not appear to be more available either.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:39 am

We don't know who Aimee B is - just like we don't know who Arianne is!

Connect the dots and...
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:09 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:It may not be as simple as it looks, because there is no official information you can find about "Aimee B" in Japan. And so far I can only find the pic above only in overseas sites linking it to Aimee B. Simply we don't know who this Aimee B is.

Some fans in Japan link Aimee B to one Aimee Blackschleger who sings some song in a soccer game named "Winning Eleven" by the likeness of voice, but nobody confirmed it yet, and even if Aimee B is Aimee Blackschleger, details of Aimee Blackschleger do not appear to be more available either.

Exactly! Symbv got my point right on the spot. Honestly I have no idea who this Aimee B is. Yes that girl looks really cute in that pic but is it really her? *shrugs*

Would be great if someone could de-mystery this?

busterbeam
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby busterbeam » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:53 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Not really. Beyond the westaboo reference dropping, and innuendo, it relied on finding cute Japanese girls swearing like chavs funny.

It had plenty of slapstick and an overall comedic atmosphere. I felt that atmosphere was a huge part of what made PASWG fun - everything in each scene from art to expressive character animation to voice fun acting to musical accompaniment made for a very unique atmosphere at all times.
I am the rare kind of in the middle. Enjoy part of its moments (idea, parodies, music, outrageous-ness) but not liking some (I am a lot more used to the anime kind of character design so the overly western style is a down for me, overloaded cursing and irreverent language, overdone outrageous-ness). At the end I enjoy enough to finish the series but I do not follow how one can love it so much or hate it so much i dunno, lol

I feel that it's absolutely perfect for people who got into anime because they really liked cartoons in general and found out that there is some anime out there that is very good when judged by the same standards. But people who started watching anime to get away from American cartoons are naturally going to find a lot of stuff to dislike, in more than just artwork. It's a very visuals-centric show - I'm actually more dumbfounded that people who didn't care for the visuals ended up not being so-so on the show like you were, but actually LOVING it. Lines like "MY SAUSAGE IS BIG AND BLACK" just seem unfunny and dumb to me on their own so I'm like "lol what the hell" when someone says that "in a show like this, animation doesn't matter" or that they only liked it for the writing & characters. Of course the characters are conceptually interesting but the way they were drawn & acted (and I don't mean just voice acting but also visual acting) is half of what makes them fun to watch.

For all of his quirks I feel that Imaishi has a very, very good understanding of animation as a unique visual medium - he's really good at appealing to not just anime fans, but also general animation fans.
aaaaaa

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”