Puella Magi Madoka Magika

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:50 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Some people are really good at craftsmanship. This time a plastic handmade Mami doll !! Very elegant!
SPOILER: Show

ImageImage

WANT!!! Azone should SOOOO make a Mami doll (still waiting for a Sawako!). That looks 1/3 so whoever made it had lots of time and lots of moneys.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Finally we see some merchandise that has Kyouko:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin

Postby The Bastard King » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Am I the only one that remembers Kyoko was willing to (and probably has) sacrifice innocent people to let the witch grow?

I am, aren't I. <_<
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:25 pm

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:WANT!!! Azone should SOOOO make a Mami doll (still waiting for a Sawako!). That looks 1/3 so whoever made it had lots of time and lots of moneys.

That one might be a Dollfie -- and Dollfies often carry a very hefty pricetag for a doll and clothes (mostly custom-made).

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 pm

View Original PostThe Bastard King wrote:Am I the only one that remembers Kyoko was willing to (and probably has) sacrifice innocent people to let the witch grow?

I am, aren't I. <_<

I guess....Touche.... Honestly i could care less. I think she's really cute and sexy with her cut off jean shorts and long red hair. Oh and her fangs are also adorable! :love:

*see this is why otaku have no lives* :doh:

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:25 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:That one might be a Dollfie -- and Dollfies often carry a very hefty pricetag for a doll and clothes (mostly custom-made).

It looks like Dollfie, you can tell by the head. But Azone should make one. They usually do all of the anime characters and whatnot (I need to get ALL of the K-On! girls and Sawako.. unfortunately I'm not rich).
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

cramergamer
Adam

Postby cramergamer » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:57 pm

View Original PostThe Bastard King wrote:Am I the only one that remembers Kyoko was willing to (and probably has) sacrifice innocent people to let the witch grow?

I am, aren't I. <_<

Survival Bro. If you don't farm the witches then eventually you run out of witches and become one yourself.

Either way you are going to be killing people. Better it be indirect than direct. And better to keep your sanity while you are at it.
Representative from /a/ with a mission.

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin

Postby The Bastard King » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:15 pm

She had no idea that farming witches was done to prevent her from becoming a witch herself. Kyoko did it only to keep her MP full.

Face it, she was a murderous bitch. :kensuke_sad:
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:29 pm

But you know i thought you could just continue to live normally without becoming a witch as long as you dont use magic. The soul gem only gets tainted if the girls transform and use magic right? Thus farming and letting witches thrive doesnt really take much energy from the girls to do.

They just sit back and watch for a few weeks then come back and kill witches. lol.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:15 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:OMAKE 1
Some people are really good at craftsmanship. This time a plastic handmade Mami doll !! Very elegant!

ImageImage
Very nice.

For Mami fans:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 pm

I am, aren't I. <_<

No, there are some in 2chan calling her a mass killer but as we have already discussed before fans here look at character in a compartmentalized way so she is still considered a moe character, and her continuous effort to pull Sayaka from the brink and her self-sacrificing her life seem to redeem her in fans' eyes.

I wish there are more merchandise that have the full cast of 5 mahou shoujo instead of just 4 who were announced at the beginning of the show...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:08 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:No, there are some in 2chan calling her a mass killer but as we have already discussed before fans here look at character in a compartmentalized way so she is still considered a moe character, and her continuous effort to pull Sayaka from the brink and her self-sacrificing her life seem to redeem her in fans' eyes.

I wish there are more merchandise that have the full cast of 5 mahou shoujo instead of just 4 who were announced at the beginning of the show...

I'm sure there will be eventually. Considering the fact that figure maker Goodsmile company and Max Factory have now taken a shine to Madoka Magica, releasing a prototype of Madoka Nendoroid and announcing that a Madoka Figma is coming....its safe to say the other girls will soon be appearing in articulated figure form within the next few months.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Whole building size poster of PMMM found in Akihabara announcing the release of BD/DVD vol.1 on Apr 27.

Some fan designed a very EVA-ish poster for PMMM:

Top: Only I, the most useless, remain..
Left: What you were saying does not make sense to me. Satisfied?
Right: But, someday I will kill you.
Lower Middle:
- That's right. That girl is an angel whom I fear and revere.
- "SAYONARA"
- Now this is the last words to all human before I die
Lower Right:
- The following people please do not watch this anime
* those who cannot tell reality and fiction apart
* those who find life tough and difficult
* those who plan to commit crime
* those who are seeking some lifeline
* those who can't help killing people
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:43 pm

That second one is a pretty cool poster. I wish Shaft would switch to posters like that instead of trying to continue the illusion that Madoka's a normal magical girl show.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:31 am

View Original PostCorporalChaos wrote:That second one is a pretty cool poster. I wish Shaft would switch to posters like that instead of trying to continue the illusion that Madoka's a normal magical girl show.

And like the poster suggested, PMMM can use the oldie song Comment te dire adieu (meaning "How to Say Goodbye") like the "Fly me to the moon"song used in Eva.

That guy really got some sense in designing that poster..
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:48 am

Meh.
That poster has horrible image composition IMO.

HEY LOOK WHITE WORDS ON BLACK BACKGROUND EVERYWHERE JUST LIKE EVANGELION HURRR OVERUSE WILL NOT DRAG THIS DOWN AT ALL
DOESN´T MATTER HOW CONFUSING IT LOOKS JUST LET IT FLOW FROM ANY DIRECTION
THE "WALL SCROLLS" (top-down font) IDEA IS PURE GENIUS DURRR
LETS FRAME THAT RANDOM PICTURE I FOUND ON THE INTERNET THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PMMM AND STICK IT INBETWEEN A BUNCH OF WORDS
SINCE I COPYPASTED THE IMAGE FROM THE INTERNET, THE WINGS ARE KINDA CUT OFF FROM THE LEFT AND RIGHT BUT SURELY NOBODY WILL NOTICE DURRRR
THAT PINK FROM THE PMMM LOGO WILL SURELY FIT INTO THE COLOR SCHEME OF THE POSTER DURRRP

"Sayonara"

AM I DEEP YET

If the guy that made this seriously took more than 10 minutes to make this, I´m going to punch a kitten.
Sometimes less is more.

Maybe i´ll do an EoE-ish poster later too.
Look forward to it.
Last edited by InstrumentalityOne on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

toe mash
Lilin
Lilin

Postby toe mash » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:04 am

So I realized a few funny things:

1. This thread has grown by 25 pages since the last episode aired

2. I said earlier I wouldn't be watching ep 11/12 because of army, and well, this is ironic in some sort of twisted way..

3. Oz proclaimed Fractale is a sure 10/10, only to get Yamakan'd :mwahaha:

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:54 am

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Oz proclaimed Fractale is a sure 10/10, only to get Yamakan'd :mwahaha:

:shinji_boohoo:

Yamakan'd = creating an ending that forgets the themes and confuses the audience with flawed treatment of characters?
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:55 am

Source:http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/890298/bow-bust-choker-face-hair_bow-kaname_madoka-mahou_

Film poster is next.
I wonder what font he used...

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:12 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Meh.
That poster has horrible image composition IMO.

At least he picked a nice song :) I love Francoise Hardy singing :)

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:So I realized a few funny things:

1. This thread has grown by 25 pages since the last episode aired

2. I said earlier I wouldn't be watching ep 11/12 because of army, and well, this is ironic in some sort of twisted way..

3. Oz proclaimed Fractale is a sure 10/10, only to get Yamakan'd :mwahaha:

1. All thanks to so many EGF-ers who keep their love and passion with this anime... At the moment the BD sales of PMMM BD/DVD has dropped in Amazon JP ranking but I am sure they will jump again when the last 2 episodes are aired.... And I wonder what is the last anime that gets discussed as much in EGF? We are talking about 1200 posts with almost 35000 views since Ep.3 was aired (when this thread was created) less than 3 months ago (on Jan 20)

2. I think this is the best "silver lining" from your forced absence of leave. I just went to Animate earlier today and the last volume of PMMM manga is now set to Apr 12. As manga will never be released until the associated episodes have been aired, so the indication is that the last episodes should be out before Apr 12. Not going back to the army so soon, I guess?

3. That anime never bounced back after that battle scene in Ep.3 though it was reasonably entertaining in some of the later episodes --- I do not usually give score to anime but if I follow the Japanese way of ranking anime in SS, S, A, B, C, D, F (where A is better than expected and low in no. of flaws; C is worse than expected and high in no. of flaws though still watchable, with S being almost perfect super/stellar anime), this anime would have to go to C rank, mostly saved by the really good execution on the art department. If the trolling were not there, it might make to B rank but it is hard to tell...

On topic, here is a funny yuri yuri doujin PMMM manga:

Madoka(?) - Yes!
We defeated the Walpurgis Night!

Everyone worked together and contributed. That's why we won!
It is a victory to all of us!
Madoka - And so we two will go this way...
Homura - Later

Kyouko - Sayaka~~~ Letz return wooo~~~ We did it wooo~~~
Sayaka - H..Hey Kyouko... Don't stick so close!

Homura - Madoka, aren't your hands a bit cold?
Madoka - Thanks, Homura-chan.
Kyouko - Why do you need to be so embarassed? We are now...
Sayaka - Hey... but not in front of everyone!!
H/M/K/S - So later Mami-san
H/M/K/S - Bye!

(cracking noise of Mami's soul gem)
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Return to “Anime and Manga”