Maya Is Really Bad At Her Job

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:37 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:He sabotaged NERV remember?

That was how I read your first sentence. I was like, "KILL HIM! KILL HIM WITH FIRE!"

On-topic: Well, considering Maya was probably the most sane/innocent out of all the adult characters in the movie, I think its safe for her to be bad at her job, if she is. Its not like she is consistently bickering, half-assing her job, and directly defying orders from her superior, like the average person who gets fired would. And anyways, I think you would have a hard time hiring people into a company/organization/etc. that puts so much stress on the human mind, let alone know that if you screw up the entire world will perish. I think Nerv will need all the hands it can get, let alone want to fire them. The only reason why Gendo let go of Shinji so easily was because he knew he would come back. Ritsuko got fired because she destroyed the things she created, which was basically the secret sauce of Nerv.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:31 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:SHE IS PART OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE AND A TRAITOR! TAKE HER AWAY!
I LOL'd.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Sik
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sik » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:33 pm

NOOOO I REFUSE!!!! Im not willing to believe Maya is all ponys and rainbows! In Rebuild when Shinji successfully attacks Nerv HQ after dummy plug was activated and destroyed Eva03 Shinji was like:

fak fak fak ILL KILL YOU ALL! u made me kill another human being ble ble ble (adapting)

and MAYA! yes! that two faced lesbian ass was like:

Shinji u must understand! Your father's decision was RIGHT! stop QQing

So, if Maya is the audience conscience, that means that the audience was thinking that tearing Asuka/Touji appart was the right thing to do?

Im the audience! and I say I'd rather the movie end before they even touch 1 hair to that beauty small-brested arrogant hot redhead chick ¬¬

Wheres ur bleeding heart Maya now??? BIATCHE$!
The Beast!

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Maya collects Nazi memorabilia. Canon.

makinami
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby makinami » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:37 pm

This topic is irrelevant, I think Maya's great at her job.

Her job is yelling "駄目です", right?

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:26 am

Who cares if she's bad at her job or not. She's cute and that's what matters. That and she's reasonable.

makinami
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby makinami » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:48 am

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:Who cares if she's bad at her job or not. She's cute and that's what matters. That and she's reasonable.

That's going on my resume. I'm replacing the whole thing with:

CUTE
AS
FUCK.

Who needs college? Hired.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:45 am

She's on the wrong show, then. Move her to Mad Men. Working for Don Draper can't be much different from a job under Gendo Ikari. But Sterling doesn't like asians. Could be some tension there.

EdmundC
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EdmundC » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Maya signed on with NERV sometime before Sachiel's appearance, if not before 2nd Impact. Whether-or-not anyone other than NERV higher-ups and SEELE knew about the angels' return might be a factor here.

If only Gendo and SEELE knew about the angels returning, I don't think Maya could have set herself up to get over a fear of giant monsters before they arrived.

EDIT: She looks too young to have possibly been involved with NERV before 2nd Impact. She was likely one among millions of survivors who were convinced that 2nd Impact was a meteor of some kind.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:41 pm

How could she not know what her job entails? She's performing her Eva duties within minutes of Sachiel's appearance. It does bring up a certain hole in the story. If everyone thinks Second Impact was a meteor, how do they convince people to fund the creation of Nerv and the Evas?

EdmundC
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EdmundC » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:06 am

My guess would be that the creation of NERV was marketed as a way to help prevent a 3rd Impact. Considering what had happened, they would probably buy into any bullshit as long as NERV made it sound like they were safer for it. "Big meteor" comes around again, we knock it back with something that NERV built from our support.

On Maya and not knowing what she was getting into... yeah, you have a point.

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:17 am

maya graduated from college and was made into a box, duh
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/565592

zuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby zuka » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:37 am

Does anyone else pretend they're Maya when they try to eject a USB and it says it can't because it's still in use?

"No response! It won't eject!" etc
Eva is the only anime I've ever watched, so I'm sorry if I don't get your jokes.

Leighton
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Leighton » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:30 am

View Original Postzuka wrote:Does anyone else pretend they're Maya when they try to eject a USB and it says it can't because it's still in use?

Lol, i've yet to count all those times in which the Eva failed to respond. What an utterly faulty system used to control budget-draining giant biomecha. Or is it just Maya being bad at her job?

zuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby zuka » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:45 am

They should just have a string hanging off the end of the entry plug, tampon style.

Too ick?
Eva is the only anime I've ever watched, so I'm sorry if I don't get your jokes.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:00 am

View Original Postzuka wrote:Does anyone else pretend they're Maya when they try to eject a USB and it says it can't because it's still in use?

Ah, that's just evidence that NERV is running on Windows Vista. Maya can't be blamed for that!

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:21 am

Ah, that's just evidence that NERV is running on Windows Vista. Maya can't be blamed for that!

Well, I lol'ed with abandon. You probably just made my morning. :)

And then every time you put the damn plug in, a popup comes up and "helpfully" asks if you'd like to Scan and Fix your Eva... Which really just means erasing Yui's soul and replacing it with Clippy's. Image
Last edited by Fireand'chutes77 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

EdmundC
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EdmundC » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:14 pm

"It looks like you're trying to fight an angel. Would you like to:
* Enable berserker (recommended)
* Operate Manually"

"Are you sure you don't want to enable berserker?
Yes/No"

Sahaquiel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sahaquiel » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:45 am

I dont think she is bad in his job only for doing that. :zer_sweatdrop:
?????????????

Jessemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jessemon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 am

Hmm, maybe Asuka's inability to operate Unit 02 late in NGE simply stemmed from hitting "Restart Later" after an Automatic Update early in the series and then forgetting to actually restart her OS later.
"Your truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it. That's how fragile the truth for a human is." Hideaki Anno

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”