Evangelion 2.22 release date: 03/29/11

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm going to Best Buy when I get off work to buy BOTH THE DVD AND BLU-RAY. It's going to be a lot like this when I get home.

DanAwful
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DanAwful » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:23 pm

I feel a lot better about my condition now after viewing that.

subAtomic
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby subAtomic » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Got 2.22 Blu-Ray in the mail today from Amazon. The orange peel is cracked off of the sleeve in about 10 places showing white cardboard underneath. Really cheep print quality. Wouldn't care except it's a birthday day present for my cousin and it looks really bad. Oh well. Cardboard sleeves never last that long anyway.

DanAwful
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DanAwful » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:55 pm

View Original PostsubAtomic wrote:Got 2.22 Blu-Ray in the mail today from Amazon. The orange peel is cracked off of the sleeve in about 10 places showing white cardboard underneath. Really cheep print quality. Wouldn't care except it's a birthday day present for my cousin and it looks really bad. Oh well. Cardboard sleeves never last that long anyway.

Return it to Best Buy without the receipt claiming it was a present (technically true) and use the torn slip cover as the reason. They'll let you exchange it for exactly the same item.

Fallingtogrey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Fallingtogrey » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:56 pm

I have no idea.
Last edited by Fallingtogrey on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fear. It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant Man stops fearing is the instant the species will reach a dead end, only to sink to pitiable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction!"

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Amazon US is going to be running out of stock soon, so for those that want to buy it but haven't yet done so, you may want to hurry.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:23 pm

View Original PostsubAtomic wrote:Got 2.22 Blu-Ray in the mail today from Amazon. The orange peel is cracked off of the sleeve in about 10 places showing white cardboard underneath. Really cheep print quality. Wouldn't care except it's a birthday day present for my cousin and it looks really bad. Oh well. Cardboard sleeves never last that long anyway.
Same thing with my DVD copy, it arrived this afternoon; the slipcase is cockeyed and it's so loose that the DVD case falls right out at the wrong angles. Funimation's packaging blows, but what else is new?

We'll probably be getting a BD player soon, and when that happens, I'll be grabbing both 1.11 & 2.22 on blu-ray.

makinami
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby makinami » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:34 am

My packaging is ok, but upon watching 2.22 there are some really horrible typographical errors in the subtitles. Not to mention that in spots there's some pretty funky ass translation.

Sloppy sleeper, indeed.

Even the Funi theatrical release 2.0 (or whatever they were showing in LA last month) was much more polished. I'm normally not much of a complainer about this sort of thing, but yeesh.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:24 am

I just bought the Blu-ray yesterday at Best Buy. Made sure I bought it while they still had slip covers. That's important to me... I don't know when I'll get around to watching it but now I have it.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:33 am

While its not much to bitch at, how many of you were disappointed in the minimal amount of Japanese credits? They only listed the main staff members and the cast. Again its not a big deal, it didn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the film, but it was a mild let down coming from Funimation. They usually list most if not all of their staff.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

makinami
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby makinami » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:07 am

I found the lack of substantial Japanese credits to be a little disarming when I saw it in the theater, so I wasn't exactly surprised with the DVD release.

After watching some of the second disc, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the "Omitted Scenes." The majority are translated until the last 1/4 of dialog, defeating the purpose of the punchline.

Other than my pickiness with the subs, I'm fairly happy with the release. Here's to hoping that they fix that shit for the next pressing.

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Haven't watch the subtitles yet, but the first 10 minutes of the dub are reminding me of End of Evangelion. "Just fucking die!" and the fact there is dub commentary, I'm almost afraid to finish it now. Though I am glad the used a clean copy of the video so there are no Japanese hardsubs.

facespace
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby facespace » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:40 pm

I haven't picked up the DVD yet, but I am wondering what the extras are, and are they good? Do you think they will release a deluxe edition with more extras or something (if the amount of extras in this DVD didn't suffice)?
PEWPEWPEW

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

View Original Postfacespace wrote:I haven't picked up the DVD yet, but I am wondering what the extras are, and are they good? Do you think they will release a deluxe edition with more extras or something (if the amount of extras in this DVD didn't suffice)?

Same as Japanese.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:11 pm

My Evangelion 2.22 Bluray is currently waiting for me at home. All is Right With the World.

Frozzy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Frozzy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:39 pm

View Original PostFallingtogrey wrote:Does any body know the UK release date for 2.22?

I'd go in the store I usually go to to buy DVDs/Blu-rays and ask but I'd probably have to spell "Evangelion" for them and they probably wouldn't know anyway...

Amazon.co.uk has it down for 30th May at the moment unless it gets delayed.
i just ordered the American version tonight (Yay for region free dvd platers ^__^) and it only came to £10 which is really cheap
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!"

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:39 pm

http://3xr-ani.me/images/eva222bd_audio_jap-vs-eng.jpg

Well this is strange. It seems as though the Japanese TrueHD audio on the American Blu-ray is in a higher quality than the Japanese TrueHD audio on the Japanese Blu-ray.

The Japanese disc still has the superior video quality.

DanAwful
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DanAwful » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:12 pm

The new Evangelion's here! The new Evangelion's here! I'm somebody now!

BTW, I know a lot of people here ordered their copy from Amazon and got damaged slip covers. I'd just like to go on record and say that my slip cover arrived intact and undamaged.

Now if you'll excuse me... it's time for an Evangelithon.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:54 pm

View Original PostDanAwful wrote:The new Evangelion's here! The new Evangelion's here! I'm somebody now!

BTW, I know a lot of people here ordered their copy from Amazon and got damaged slip covers. I'd just like to go on record and say that my slip cover arrived intact and undamaged.

Now if you'll excuse me... it's time for an Evangelithon.

Same here. Mine came undamaged as well.

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Estimated delivery, April 1.

I hope it comes tommorrow, but I can wait an extra day for Amazon, maybe :P

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”