What reminds you of Evangelion in your day to day life?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:11 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Philosphy 2 days ago. I bumped into the word "Reification" and have never been so annoyed to be sat in a room of people who don't know what Eva is.

I know that feeling... Every time Giant Impact theory comes up in one of my earth science classes, I want to make references to progenitor aliens so desperately that my ears once deluded me into thinking a classmate had a slip of the tongue and called it "First Impact". (Of course, it was too good to be true.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:41 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I know that feeling... Every time Giant Impact theory comes up in one of my earth science classes, I want to make references to progenitor aliens so desperately that my ears once deluded me into thinking a classmate had a slip of the tongue and called it "First Impact". (Of course, it was too good to be true.)

same here, during discussions during my class during the space courses, i'd always hear "fly me to the moon" i might have to agree with aliens leaving a seed on earth theory of humankind's existence, since i have a huge alien marking on my butt thats shaped like seele's logo

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:53 pm

I saw "My World (Acoustic Mix)" and thought "Beautiful World (Acoustic Mix)". I almost had a nerdgasm, thinking that NGE was spreading exponentially, before I read it properly. :leekspin:
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Damn it Reichu and Juaxoo, you now forever curse me with the thoughts of NGE during Astronomy! Time to watch that "A" dwindle to a "C". :uhh:
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Chinstrap beards (outside of Lincoln) and toilet paper.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:25 pm

...I may regret asking this, but why toilet paper?
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:30 pm

It reminds him of tissues.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:56 pm

View Original PostAshPhoenix wrote:...I may regret asking this, but why toilet paper?

Zeruel's arms, probably.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Zeruel
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:19 am

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:It is, but it's also more then a little sad. In fact, it contains one of the most heartbreaking passages I've ever read in a corporeal book: the death of Calvin Jr.. :sniffle:
That does sound pretty sad. If you don't mind, could you give me the name of the biography? It seems like something I might like to look into reading myself.

Edit: Never mind, Cody MacArthur Fett. I saw your post in the Currently Reading thread so I've got what I need.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:29 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I know that feeling... Every time Giant Impact theory comes up in one of my earth science classes, I want to make references to progenitor aliens so desperately that my ears once deluded me into thinking a classmate had a slip of the tongue and called it "First Impact". (Of course, it was too good to be true.)

Giant Impact Theory? Damn, I'd HAVE to make a reference with that...To hell with an entire class thinking I'm some insane alien conspiracist!

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:17 pm

My country's major bus company is named this:

SPOILER: Show

I ride them everyday to go to college, so I'm reminded everyday, 4 times a day :w00:
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Watermelons, the fruit itself and the plants.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 pm

This website. :whistle:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

zuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby zuka » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:17 pm

My phone's alarm is this, my ringtone is the Nerv/Ultraman ringtone from Rebuild.

It's kinda like a geek dog whistle - if somebody recognises it one day, I know I'll have found a kindred spirit.[/url]
Eva is the only anime I've ever watched, so I'm sorry if I don't get your jokes.

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:04 am

http://www.wimp.com/polishplant/

this reminds me of Armisael, very freaky...

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:19 am

View Original Postjuaxoo wrote:http://www.wimp.com/polishplant/

that was pretty cool, definetly reminds me of Armisael.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Wow! It's like what would happen if Armisael mated with 02!
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:19 am

Angel's hiding in steel works now?!

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:33 pm

We're working with eigenvalues (or "λ") and matrix operations in my Differential Equations class... The equation we're using is (A-λI)*x = 0, where A is the given matrix and I is the identity matrix.

When λ is a 2 or 3... Well, we tend to initiate 2I and 3I several times during an average class period. ;)
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:23 pm

I was running in gym today and Komm, Susser Tod played on my iPod. Just about fell down laughing...

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”