Evangelion 2.22 release date: 03/29/11

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Netflix fail (taken only tree minutes ago no less)

When it is on "Save" and if it's an anime you know they're NEVER gonna get it. :raincloud: :dejected:

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby RMZX » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:01 pm

View Original PostsoundwaveCA wrote:Got my copy and watched it over the weekend. Watched the dub as I already have the Japanese Blu ray, have to say I think it's one of the worst dubs Funimation has ever put out. I generally watch dubs and think Funi does a good job most of the time but their dub of the rebuild films has been lackluster to say the least, 1.11 was bearable but IMO 2.22 was pure pain. Mari especially was handled exceptionally poorly, why they have her dropping F & S-bombs totally took me out of the movie, not to mention it seems like her voice actress seems to be trying way to hard. Like the first film I thought the performances overall were very flat and just not appealing to listen to. Despite the bland but passable permormences the dub script is were I took the most offense as it's blatenly obvious Funi was trying to punch up the dialogue, the added swearing being the most obvious.

Interested to see what others think of the dub as I think this dub is very poor and am very disappointed in Funimations handling of the rebuild dubs in general.

Dude, they added like, 5 swears total, you make it sound like Mari is dropping "Fuck" and "Shit" every line of dialog. But I'm going to go with what Eva 04 said, you must have some obscenely high standards. The dub wasn't bad at all.
:|

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:20 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:When it is on "Save" and if it's an anime you know they're NEVER gonna get it. :raincloud: :dejected:

Yeah, Netflix's general selection is quite good, but when it comes to anime they're frequently lacking.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:33 am

Watched 2.22. The voices were amazing. But I'm kinda disappointed they didnt dub that "I would Give you anything" scene on the extra's disc. I really dont see why they couldnt since they allready dubbed that scene before.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:15 am

Probably because they'd have to pay the performers twice or some other B.S. like that.

DanAwful
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DanAwful » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:37 am

Amazon just shipped my order!

I'll be refreshing my tracking page all day today for no reason now.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Nice to see FUNimation's spreading the advertising around:

SPOILER: Show
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

The Abhorrent
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby The Abhorrent » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Fun times here in Canada, apparently it won't be released until April 5th over here (another week). Quite the annoyance, the vast majority of the time stuff is released north of the 49th parallel at the same time as it is south of the border. For some unknown reason, we got to wait one more week.

On the bright side, I came across the first couple seasons of another old favourite show of mine - Reboot. I honestly thought the series would never get a DVD release, but there it was. Between that, the "Arrival" DLC for ME2, Reverie (CV:LoS) tomorrow, and a research essay due Monday.... that should keep me pre-occupied long enough to prevent too much venting.

Still, quite the annoyance. A week later, really? Maybe I should complain too much, international releases are typically a few days later compared to North America; but it's still very unusual for Canada.
He who isn't afraid to stand by his ideals...
Isn't afraid to stand alone.

DanAwful
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DanAwful » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:17 pm

View Original PostThe Abhorrent wrote:Fun times here in Canada, apparently it won't be released until April 5th over here (another week). Quite the annoyance, the vast majority of the time stuff is released north of the 49th parallel at the same time as it is south of the border. For some unknown reason, we got to wait one more week.

It's cold up there! What do you expect? XD :wink: I keed, I keed.

View Original PostThe Abhorrent wrote:On the bright side, I came across the first couple seasons of another old favourite show of mine - Reboot. I honestly thought the series would never get a DVD release, but there it was. Between that, the "Arrival" DLC for ME2, Reverie (CV:LoS) tomorrow, and a research essay due Monday.... that should keep me pre-occupied long enough to prevent too much venting.

I'll be getting my DLC today too. Time to dust off my old 360.

Nika
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nika » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:27 pm

View Original PostThe Abhorrent wrote:Fun times here in Canada, apparently it won't be released until April 5th over here (another week). Quite the annoyance, the vast majority of the time stuff is released north of the 49th parallel at the same time as it is south of the border. For some unknown reason, we got to wait one more week.

I found out about that back at the beginning of the month and so I ordered my copy through Amazon.com and decided to pay for priority shipping so I should be getting my copy tomorrow.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Just got my copy! I'll try to get some pics in, but it looks GLORIOUS!!! I haven't watched it yet, but I'll do so with my mom later today.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

DanAwful
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DanAwful » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:12 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:Just got my copy! I'll try to get some pics in, but it looks GLORIOUS!!! I haven't watched it yet, but I'll do so with my mom later today.

Your mom watches eva with you? You have the greatest mother ever. :crybaby:

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:16 pm

View Original PostDanAwful wrote:Your mom watches eva with you? You have the greatest mother ever. :crybaby:

Oh,don't worry. My mom watches anything with me. It doesn't matter what it is.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Awesome, just got word that my FLCL and Eva 2.22 DVDs were shipped. :woohoo: I'll probably take pictures when I get them.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

makinami
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby makinami » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:53 pm

Some quick phone pics, for anyone curious; my DVD just came in to work.

Clicky.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:57 pm

I really hope that fold out image of Eva-02 isn't as cumbersome as people have said. Looks good. :)

(Nice nails, by the way.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

DanAwful
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DanAwful » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:57 pm

View Original Postmakinami wrote:Some quick phone pics, for anyone curious; my DVD just came in to work.

Desk job, too, eh? Lucky us. :peace:

makinami
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby makinami » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:21 pm

View Original PostDanAwful wrote:Desk job, too, eh? Lucky us. :peace:

Living the dream, etc.

DanAwful
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DanAwful » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:41 pm

I went to Best Buy during lunch just to satisfy my need to hold it in my hands.... I think I have a problem. :help:

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:02 pm

View Original PostDanAwful wrote:I went to Best Buy during lunch just to satisfy my need to hold it in my hands.... I think I have a problem. :help:

what's the problem?

oh and on a related note I just came back from Best Buy, and picked up 2.22 for $15.00
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”