ITT: What are you working on right now?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm currently working on Chapter 24 of a Disney-esque story called "THE PIG KING". It's based on the fairy tale by Giovanni Fransesco Straporola and it follows the classic Beauty and the Beast type format. Chapters 01 - 21 and the Prologue are available for reading at FictionPress if any of you are interested.

EDIT: Here's the link! [url]http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2852374/1/THE_PIG_KING[/url]
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:25 am

New song in progress, started tonight. It's based around a 9/8 time signature rhythm I put together. Only a minute-long loop so far and the production needs work, but I really like where it's going.
http://essel.spork-chan.net/music/wips/031911.mp3

Kasowaree
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kasowaree » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Currently I'm using my new found free time to fulfill my dream of turning my house into a Arcade. On the drawing board at the moment is a Arcade Cabinet themed on Super Metroid. I've got the design almost finished and the core electronics together and will be starting to cut the wood and assemble everything next week
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAi4izfvXo4 Chameleon Circuit - An Awful Lot of Running
Scott Shaw Still A Massive Doucebag
I can now honestly say I've beaten vileSpanishiwa

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 pm

View Original PostKasowaree wrote:Currently I'm using my new found free time to fulfill my dream of turning my house into a Arcade.

Elaborate further.

Kasowaree
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kasowaree » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:51 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Elaborate further.

Well I assume you mean the whole "Turning my house into an arcade" bit because that's the part that isn't totally boring to anyone that isn't me.
I basically woke up one day and decided I was going to build my own arcade and set out to do it as cheaply as possible. The cabinet is going to be made of MDA and I'll be using a old tv for the screen and a U1 rackmount server for emulation and front end work along with custom wired controls I'm also gonna need to build a NES cartridge-to-usb interface for some of the games. No real idea on the air hockey table yet but I'll think of something
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAi4izfvXo4 Chameleon Circuit - An Awful Lot of Running
Scott Shaw Still A Massive Doucebag
I can now honestly say I've beaten vileSpanishiwa

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:52 pm

New song, called "MPU".
http://soundcloud.com/esselfortium/mpu

This one's a slow-building melodic ambient piece to accompany a long journey through the expanse of space.

Free download (or stream it)
:)

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:12 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:New song, called "MPU".

It's sooooo nice. It makes me feel adrift on a sea of cosmic daffodil petals, floating calmly around the rings of Saturn.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 pm

As always, I love it. :clap:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:31 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:This one's a slow-building melodic ambient piece to accompany a long journey through the expanse of space.

Cool beans, dude.

I've actually got some sloppily recorded demo material to share! :D

Blue Footed Booby - Post-metalish, fast paced song. Needs some manly Scott Kelly vox and it'd be perfect.

Bus Fulla Kids - A nice light Mono-esque interlude (also don't mind that shoddy ass bass) complete with a silly solo that would make Gilmour weep.

The Devil Part One - DOOOOOOOOOM. And fuzzy bass guitars.

Tehxas - Unlike the others, this is something I made up all on my own. I'm actually quite proud of this one, even though it pretty much is me imitating Mogwai's style.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Ok just finished up another new tales page

[URL=http://img716.imageshack.us/i/capt02pag23.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:13 am

View Original PostKasowaree wrote:I'll be using a old tv for the screen and a U1 rackmount server for emulation and front end work along with custom wired controls

Dude. Dude. If you splurg on one thing, just one thing, get a better monitor. This: http://retroblast.arcadecontrols.com/reviews/d9200-1.html
for example.

Yeah, I'm working on culling down a list of law schools. If anyone has any particular views on the following, please share:
UMKC
Mizzou at Columbia
Loyola Chicago
DePaul
Chicago-Kent

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:07 am

I've been reading more and more about painters and painting lately, mostly inspired by my love for photography, and I came across Monet and was inspired to write this double mirror cinquain (God, these are a bitch to write; how can something so short be so frustrating?):

Monet’s
Water lilies
In sky blue and sea green
Garden paths and the Argentueil
Snowed in

Haystacked
Impression, Sunrise, envisioned
Soft strokes of burnt orange
Parliament view
In fog

Rouen’s
Grand cathedral
The sun, fall, and wind blown
Poplars, radiant, standing streams,
Still life

Beauty
The hours pass through this painted view
Light, color, time, seasons
Nature’s canvass
Sublime
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

OndrejTrhon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby OndrejTrhon » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:40 am

Please check out my electronic song, thanks!
[url]http://soundcloud.com/bornnover/its-an-anime-being-broadcasted-on-the-tv-wip[/url]

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Fixed and got Tin Lizzy (my nickname for the beat-up PC that I've assembled from bits and pieces) working again after a month of being dormant after a nasty BSOD.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Can getting a mix of near scalding ammonia and steam shot into my face count for anything, or am I suposed to say what I was doing? Oh, and should I mention that I get migraines around ammonia...
It doesn't matter, this is almost as bad as last year's lab accident :shinji_boohoo:
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:31 pm

View Original PostSynapsid wrote:Can getting a mix of near scalding ammonia and steam shot into my face count for anything, or am I suposed to say what I was doing? Oh, and should I mention that I get migraines around ammonia...
It doesn't matter, this is almost as bad as last year's lab accident :shinji_boohoo:

Woah, what the hell? What happened? D:

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:10 pm

View Original PostSynapsid wrote:It doesn't matter, this is almost as bad as last year's lab accident :shinji_boohoo:

Tell us all about it, Synapsy-poo. We're listening.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:00 pm

View Original PostSynapsid wrote:Can getting a mix of near scalding ammonia and steam shot into my face count for anything, or am I suposed to say what I was doing? Oh, and should I mention that I get migraines around ammonia...

Goddamn. Hope you were wearing goggles or something. I've drenched my hands in (low-concentration) hydrochloric acid before but...
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:29 pm

That sounds terrible, Synapsid. I hope you’re all right.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Sorry everyone, It probably sounded worse than it really was.
View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Goddamn. Hope you were wearing goggles or something.

Don't worry, I was and in case if my last post made people wonder, I wasn't hurt. Ammonia doesn't really ionize like HCl so it won't burn you like it; it's hardly any diffrent from getting cleaner splashed on yourself.

Which didn't keep it from itching and smelling disgusting.
View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Woah, what the hell? What happened? D:
Err, the non TLDR of it would be that I over heated the flask I was using to get the ammonia and when I tried getting it off the hotplate the tubing came off and the ammonia and steam went out.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”