What's the Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 pm

View Original Postbackseatjesus wrote:The Room

While from a purely technical perspective this is true, I couldn't in good conscience say the The Room is one of the worst movies I've ever seen when in fact I got far more enjoyment out of it than many "good" movies.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:34 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I'm more interested to why hear TDSA believes Dead Poets Society and Saving Private Ryan are unwatchable, as I am quite fond of the former and I found the latter to be overrated but still decent.

Ah, that's just TDSA being his usual self. Though I would think the whole battle scene in the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan would have been to his liking.

Wait, TDSA doesn't think there' "romantic junk" in S3 and doesn't like the battle scene in Ryan.....

.....TDSA is either a troll and is finally slipping up by being contrary through uncharacteristic methods, or his account's been hacked.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 pm

TDSA pretty much admits that he chooses not to critically watch a film. He has a odd taste since he like the second Godfather movie but hates The Birds (I remember him saying he likes the sequel better).

I did not add "The Room" (2003) on my list since I get a good laugh on watching it, and the movie itself was never meant to be taken serious. I rather watch "The Room" anything from Uwe Boll or any spoof movie from the past few years.
Last edited by Guyver Spawn on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:.....TDSA is either a troll

*cue the ThatsABingo image!*

@the Topic though-

Gamer
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
HitMan
The Comebacks

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Spud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:52 pm

I kind of enjoyed The Dead Poets Society

Meet the Spartans is the only one that comes to mind. It was so bad I walked out of the theater and bought a ticket to Fools Gold (not terrible but not great) Good thing I didn't pay for the ticket to Meet the Spartans.

Actually Mars Attacks could be one but I don't think they where taking anything serious when they made that. Its like a train wreak, every time its one I can't look away.
Edit :Star wars 1-3 where terrible and Spiderman 3 gave me chronic diarrhea
Last edited by Spud on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:I did not add "The Room" (2003) on my list since I get a good laugh on watching it, and the movie itself was never meant to be taken serious.

I don't know about that. Maybe they decided that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously in the editing room and therefore didn't take it seriously themselves anymore, basically giving up on salvaging any reputation from the project. All the step prior to that seemed to clumsily be taken seriously. At least, that's how it came off to me anyway.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:59 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:01 pm

I was kinda expecting twin drive to put 2001 on his list but he didn't :bigguns:

Anyway if were talking least enjoyable movies to watch and not bad in terms of technical meret which can be enjoyable in a bad way, I'll need a seperate list for enjoyable bad movies. I'm not counting most movies I saw as a child as I don't remember those well enough to have a good opinion on them, except for star bear, even now the memory of that horrid movie is etched on me. My list is kinda short, because usually if a really bad movie is on I wont watch any of it unless I'm really lazy, or I get roped into watching it, or get tricked into watching it by thinking it will be good. But these things don't happen that often to me, also I just plain don't remember a lot of the bad movies I saw.

Master of disguise

Batman & Robin

Nadia the motion picture

Ace Ventura Junior (I forget if this was the exact name of this, but its the one with aces son and it was bad!)

Son of the mask

That movie with the bald dude gasmask streamed on saturday i forget the name of

Hiruko the Goblin

Bride of Chucky

The pokemon movie

Star bear (I believe this was the name of the movie, it was some cartoon movie about a space bear with an annoying space teddy bear robot companion...oh did I ever hate his robo teddy companion I wanted her to die and she almost did but then she came back to life and I was like "DAMN YOU SCOOBA STEVE!")

Also any of the (insert title here) Movie series, though I Only saw parts of scary movies 2 and 3 both were pretty bad from what I saw of them. I also saw part of superhero movie which was worse.
Last edited by Defectron on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:07 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:Meet the Spartans is the only one that comes to mind. It was so bad I walked out of the theater and bought a ticket to Fools Gold (not terrible but not great) Good thing I didn't pay for the ticket to Meet the Spartans.

You're lucky. I would gladly pay the price of a movie ticket to unsee Meet the Spartans. Unfortunately walking out of it wasn't an option at the time.

The only movie I can think of at the moment that I actually walked out of was Year One, a hideous dud of a comedy starring Jack Black and Michael Cera. I don't have anything against either of those actors (and have enjoyed them in other movies), but Year One was atrocious.

Also, James Cameron's Avatar by James Cameron was pretty fumping bad. Probably the worst high-profile movie I've ever seen.

Do movies I've only seen on Mystery Science Theater 3000 count?
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:21 pm

I've gladly avoided the ones mentioned here, but there are 2 films that I would name to be among the worst ever in a heartbeat: Spies Like Us and Flubber.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:The pokemon movie.

The 4kids dub of the first movie? Yeah, it's pretty lousy - yet not as bad as the sixth film (in-my-opinion).

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:Do movies I've only seen on Mystery Science Theater 3000 count?

Sure, I included a mention to the show in my first post... without naming any of the films :tongue:
Voluntary Illusion.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:37 am

forget your Rooms and your Birdemics, I can honestly say End Game is far worse than either movie

while The Room and Birdemic are really bad, they are a barrel of sardonic laughs, but not End Game

...yeah

and no, this is not "Highlander: Endgame", just End Game
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:51 am

View Original PostMerridian wrote:The Crow (1994)

...whut? You sure you're not confusing it with one of its execrable sequels? Like everything Proyas made, it's frustratingly flawed for sure but...I surely would rank it above average, never the worst movie I've ever seen. I mean even if you think it's complete shit in every other department it still stars the last attractive male actor to come out of Hollywood...
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:58 am

Wait, TDSA doesn't think there' "romantic junk" in S3

I said they cut out a ton, not all of it.
I'm more interested to why hear TDSA believes Dead Poets Society and Saving Private Ryan are unwatchable, as I am quite fond of the former and I found the latter to be overrated but still decent.

The reasoning is simple: I was forced against my will to watch these movies. I also forgot to mention Shawshank Redemption, excuse me while I edit.
You cannot possibly mean the Hitchcock film

I do and I've never heard of Birdemic.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I also forgot to mention Shawshank Redemption, excuse me while I edit.

TDSA trolls and scores again!
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:00 am

I'm not being a troll, I just didn't like that movie, what is so hard to understand about that?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:04 am

Since when "I was forced to watch it" has been legitimate reason to hate movie itself, trollmeister? (:|

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 am

Since when "I was forced to watch it" has been legitimate reason to hate movie itself

Since I don't WANT to watch it.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Since I don't WANT to watch it.

Well yes I can understand that but in what way does that mean the film itself sucks on its own? :hohum:

That doesn't make any sense. Because I don't want to read some book for whatever reason doesn't mean it sucks.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:33 am

That doesn't make any sense. Because I don't want to read some book for whatever reason doesn't mean it sucks.

As long as it doesn't click with you, I don't see how it wouldn't.

Return to “Film and Video”