How would you best describe Shinji Ikari?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Lukewarm.

Yeah, it's from that thread. So sue me.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Born of Lilith
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Born of Lilith » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:05 am

View Original PostCombs wrote:An emotionally torn kid from an early age, who lived daily life like a robot until the day came he had to get in 'one', whose experience and emotions increase exponentially as he tries to find a reason why.

I know I'm replying to a nearly two year old post, but, dag yo, I like that.
SWAG
ME
THE
FUCK
OUT

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:29 am

Broken goods.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:42 pm

View Original Postzlink64 wrote:Broken goods.

Wow... kind of harsh... for Shinji, that is...

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Annoying virginal loser.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Victim of chronic character assassination.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Jessemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jessemon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Familiar.
"Your truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it. That's how fragile the truth for a human is." Hideaki Anno

Assasinate
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Assasinate » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:56 am

a kid who is, always, true to himself.
Humans can easily explain the cycle of life because they witnessed it, and they can tell it's story,
But no one can explain why a human need to die because the people who witnessed it can't never tell the tale.

Shin-chan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-chan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 am

A anime version of me, except, I don't have the hedgehog's dilemma, and the ability to play the cello. :raincloud:

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:17 am

Damaged, melancholy, troubled, burdened...take your pick. They're all fairly apt.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:40 am

View Original PostSynapsid wrote:I can't help but notice that we've been here before...

Either way I don't know if any of the kids can really be summarized in short...none of them conform neatly to an archetype... but if I had to pick a word it would be Kaworu's use of "delicate"

i second that. Shinji is sensitive hes always worried about other ppl's feelings and everything that he can't live up to his own expectations. but in EoE helping Asuka was in my own opinion becuz of the bakelie sealing everything until eva 1 moved to have him board it while breaking the bakelite while Shinji murmurs mother? is that why some ppl calls him a quitter ?

GoGoGengar
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GoGoGengar » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Normal teenager affected by traumatic events but somehow manages to remain kind to others and loyal to his principles (how he'd rather die than kill EVA-03/Bardiel/Toji)

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 pm

View Original PostGoGoGengar wrote:Normal teenager affected by traumatic events but somehow manages to remain kind to others and loyal to his principles (how he'd rather die than kill EVA-03/Bardiel/Toji)

This.

I want to see how you look when you have the burden of the entire human race on your shoulders, fighting beings that are intimidating and so large, you need to pilot a "robot" that you don't understand, with the only people who can comfort you are your colleagues (Considering how all the students could be made pilots, might as well consider them as such), who, for all you know, might be just as insane as the people who you work for. You would be in tatters. I know I would.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

GoGoGengar
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GoGoGengar » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:01 am

Forgive my ignorance but I believe that's what I was saying.

Although he's affected by traumatic events (including the relationship with his father, which I think you didn't mention) he still manages to remain kind to others and that's what I admire about him...

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:13 am

View Original PostGoGoGengar wrote:Forgive my ignorance but I believe that's what I was saying.

Although he's affected by traumatic events (including the relationship with his father, which I think you didn't mention) he still manages to remain kind to others and that's what I admire about him...

The "this" means I agree with you. :asuka_thumbsup:
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

GoGoGengar
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GoGoGengar » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:10 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:The "this" means I agree with you. :asuka_thumbsup:

Whoops, my mistake

Leighton
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Leighton » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Erratic and socially disabled. Further enhanced by burden of saving humanity and Asuka's hotness.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”