What reminds you of Evangelion in your day to day life?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:56 pm

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:I'm continuing to read through Calvin Coolidge, and the further I get into this book the more I'm convinced that Silent Cal would fit in perfectly with the cast of NGE . . . or not. I mean, could you imagine Gendo playing doorbell ditch?

Only if it helps further THE PLAN....

Heh. Now I'm picturing a young Gendo smiling an infamous smile as, from hiding, he watches his neighbor come onto the porch and look around in confusion.

Exactly as planned. :emogendo:

As for me:

My campus is currently undergoing a wave of construction. Less than a hundred feet from one of my classroom windows, they're putting up a huge new cafeteria and student services center. On the very first day back, in my very first class (Materials Design for Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, for those of you dying to know), with Eva still fresh in my mind from break.... A pile driver started up. And each rise and fall of the hammer struck out the exact same sharp, ringing sound from Tokyo III.

And I am able to confirm that living in Rei's apartment block would get really annoying really *really* quickly. The only consolation is that a building was going up, instead of going down....
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:05 pm

I was with my nephew and brother a few days ago and my brother told his young son the the clouds looked like Angels. I looked up and they all looked vaguely humanoid. One reminded me of Sachiel particularly.

Come to think of it a Angel hiding in the clouds would be pretty cool. Well from a "this side of the screen" perspective, I don't know how cool Shinji would think AT Blasts raining down on Tokyo-3 would be.
J U S T I N - B A I L E Y
_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:44 pm

After this show, tall, spindly skyscrapers are going to remind me of those giant sun reflectors...

What really pushes the NGE semblance in the linked picture is the lack of other cars on the street.... And the fact that the cruising Tesla Roadster is an electric supercar, like Misato's. ;) (AND the driver of the Tesla has blatant disregard for road markings, too! Amazing!)

EDIT:

You know what's a bad idea? Eating pistachio nuts while watching "End of Evangelion." Guess what the heads of the Mass-Produced Evas look like!

*Eats another pistachio*

Helping Asuka get her revenge, however, is quite satisfying... ;)
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo

Age of Aquarius
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Age of Aquarius » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:55 am

Documenteries of mega egineering kinda reminds me of Nerv HQ or Eva Hangers/elevators

Lol my mom buys too much stuff and makes our house looks like a dumpster, makes me think of Misato's appartment

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:25 pm

I saw ∠Rei in my math textbook today. I was debating whether or not to write in "ZOMG teh Rei" in the book (I ended up not doing it; vandalism isn't my thing. :tongue: ).
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:48 am

The angle symbol makes Rei look pretty cool.... Where'd you find that, by the way?

---

We're studying angular momentum and combination problems in Dynamics class at the moment... The phrases "during second impact," "after third impact," etc. come up a lot. :)

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:43 pm

This sunlight effect that I saw when I was walking my dogs this afternoon made me remind of Arael and the Mindrape.

SPOILER: Show
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Fireand'chutes77 wrote:The angle symbol makes Rei look pretty cool.... Where'd you find that, by the way?

:google:

Natsuka_Chie wrote:This sunlight effect that I saw when I was walking my dogs this afternoon made me remind of Arael and the Mindrape.

First Ramiel, then Armisael, now Arael. Honestly, I wouldn't really be surprised if Third Impact DID actually happen...

Fireand'chutes77 wrote:We're studying angular momentum and combination problems in Dynamics class at the moment... The phrases "during second impact," "after third impact," etc. come up a lot.

Just make sure you don't reveal the ACTUAL cause of Second Impact, or Seele will get very angry with us. Oh no. I've said too much already. :eyedart:
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:07 am

The new trailers for the Event on NBC starkly remind me of the angels.

THEY AREN'T HERE TO CONQUER EARTH

THEY'RE HERE TO TAKE IT BACK
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Born of Lilith
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Born of Lilith » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am

Today I was sitting alone at the food court drinking a Rockstar and some guy sat by me. People I don't know usually don't talk to me when I'm hanging at the mall so I was surprised and a bit uncomfortable. He was like "mind if I sit here?," I said "no" and he shook my hand. But I was acting so stilted of awkward that he was just like "well, great, I'll see you around" and walked away. The moment he was out of sight I blurted out "FUCK, I'M JUST LIKE Shinji."
SWAG
ME
THE
FUCK
OUT

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Spud » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 pm

View Original PostBorn of Lilith wrote: "FUCK, I'M JUST LIKE Shinji."

I know this situation all too well

So in English class a line from a poem we where reading said "But, who am I?" I instantly said "I am the thing recognized as Rei Ayanami." I got a few odd glances from the other teacher near me, then started to laugh uncontrollably.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:01 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:So in English class a line from a poem we where reading said "But, who am I?" I instantly said "I am the thing recognized as Rei Ayanami."
I wish I was still in school so I could do something like that. Awesome, man. :rei_blush:
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:03 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:So in English class a line from a poem we where reading said "But, who am I?" I instantly said "I am the thing recognized as Rei Ayanami." I got a few odd glances from the other teacher near me, then started to laugh uncontrollably.

:rei_hissyfit: Ha ha.... ha?
Voluntary Illusion.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:20 am

Sounds like an interesting class.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:39 pm

In my math textbook, there was a problem about Gendo having to get a mortgage on his house or something...but it said "she", so I guess Gendo's a shemale now.
fem-Gendo? AHHHHH

Again with the math, I know...

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 pm

So I'm listening to The Proclaimers on my iPod (because I actually like the majority of their songs), and I have to say that the song "Sunshine on Leith" really reminds me of Eva. Partially because Leith looks a lot like Lilith, and partially because one of the lines in "Souroo / Souroooo" and it sounds a lot like someone drawing out Asuka's last name.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Spud » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:03 pm

So I was sitting in English class thinking of general filler and the fluff English teachers like to read, to add to a paper. The paper happened to be about which do you consider more important, Determination or Natural Ability. I decided to BS for about two pages on finding an equal balance between both, but the entire time I kept zoning out and thinking about connections to Asuka. Through out the series she has the skill and determination and does quiet well, but unfortunately looses the determination (to pilot and to live). I guess I just tend to zone out on English

It all started from this picture. (large picture) It was stuck in my head and the topic kept brining me back to Eva.
Hope this isn't too far fetched
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:49 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:It all started from this picture. (large picture) It was stuck in my head and the topic kept brining me back to Eva.

I wonder why Asuka's head was (intentionally) cut off.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:09 am

When I began watching this series, Eva served as "Geography 101" for me when it came to Japan (well, both Eva and Ghost in the Shell*)... And now with familiar names like "Tokai" popping up in articles about the quake/tsunami/nuclear disaster, I can't help but hear the (very fitting) announcers' voices in my head as I read...

"As of 12:30 today, a special state of emergency has been declared for the Kanto and Chubu regions surrounding the Tokai district... All residents must evacuate to their designated shelters immediately... Repeat...."

*With Fukushima in the news so much, I also can't help but think of the Tachikomas...

EDIT: Speaking of which, Units -01, -02, and -03 keep blowing up. No word yet on Unit-00...

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:56 pm

I saw a book that called “Evangelism”. It was even white text with a black background and used the same font as the eyecatch.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”