Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

AMV troubles... HELP!!!

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:59 pm

I've always wanted to make an amv but never knew how. How do you make an amv? What program or equipment to you need. please help!!!
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:17 pm

If your starting out, may I suggest Windows Movie Maker. It comes standard with your Windows XP and should be in your accesories menu, or somewhere in the start menu. It's really straight forward to use and rather user friendly. The problem, compared to better programs like Adobe Premier, it's horrible.

So get used to video editing with that, then get premier or something like it.

Go nuts. 8)
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:07 pm

Titus wrote:If your starting out, may I suggest Windows Movie Maker. It comes standard with your Windows XP and should be in your accesories menu, or somewhere in the start menu. It's really straight forward to use and rather user friendly. The problem, compared to better programs like Adobe Premier, it's horrible.

So get used to video editing with that, then get premier or something like it.

Go nuts. 8)

How do i get the fooage fro the dvd to the computer so i can put it on movie maker?

"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:32 pm

Please, for the love of god, use something other than Windows Movie Maker. I don't care if you have to illegally download Premier, DON'T use Movie Maker. If you're on a PC, get Premiere or Avid. If you're on a Mac, get Final Cut. As for source, try thumbing through some ripping and encoding software on a resource site:

http://www.doom9.net/

AMVs.org has some good resources as well:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:37 pm

If you have access to a Linux machine, Cinelerra is supposed to be really good (and legitimately free). It's supposed to compete with Adobe Premiere.

Under Windows, you can get VirtualDub as a start (also free).

If you're comfortable with programming, have a look at AviSynth.

I don't know much about it, but Clesh looks kind of neat -- it's a nonlinear video editor in a Java applet.

Seriously, though, the places to look for this kind of thing are the obvious ones that EvaMonkey posted.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:36 am

I told you....Movie maker....= horrible....
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:01 pm

thanx people

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:08 pm

Titus wrote:I told you....Movie maker....= horrible....

I see.

And I already used Windows Movie Maker for my three anime music videos which you can check on the Evangelion Music Videos section on the Fandom & Promotional Area.
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:37 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Please, for the love of god, use something other than Windows Movie Maker. I don't care if you have to illegally download Premier, DON'T use Movie Maker. If you're on a PC, get Premiere or Avid. If you're on a Mac, get Final Cut. As for source, try thumbing through some ripping and encoding software on a resource site:

http://www.doom9.net/

AMVs.org has some good resources as well:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/

Well if you want a quick job and looking for easy interface then Windows Movie maker is a start.

I made one AMV and another MV with both of them taking under 4 hrs each. I was just experimenting with making a AMV for fun and just found it easy to use Windows movie maker.

But as other people have said if yyou want to create a good one then prodbably go with Premier.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:07 am

Evangelionfreak wrote:How do i get the fooage fro the dvd to the computer so i can put it on movie maker?

Easy.

1)Rip the DVD to the computer and save the file as something the editor your using can see, like AVI, that's always a save bet.

2)Import the AVI file into the program

3)Go nuts.

8)

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:08 am

Titus wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:How do i get the fooage fro the dvd to the computer so i can put it on movie maker?

Easy.

1)Rip the DVD to the computer and save the file as something the editor your using can see, like AVI, that's always a save bet.

2)Import the AVI file into the program

3)Go nuts.

8)

Slight problem though what about the encoding thats onthe dvd??? I think you forgot to take that into account.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Moviemaker opinion

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:31 am

I disagree with the comment about MovieMaker being horrible. It's FREE and it allows one to edit videos relatively easily.

I HIGHLY recommend using it when LEARNING the video editing process. I firmly believe it is a perfect stepping stone for editing. I've used it in the beginning and it allowed me to edit quickly and easily. Once I learned the basics and wanted more capabilities, I was able to transition to Sony Vegas relatively painlessly. The problem I have with going straight to a higher end video editor is that it can be very intimidating to the point one will give up too soon.

Also, even though it is limited, people have made WINNING AMVs with it. As powerful as a video editor can be, it is just a tool. The editor is the one that makes a video shine and not the editing software.
Alex D.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:51 pm

How do I rip the dvd usuong windows media player 11?

Return to “Anime and Manga”