Favorite/Least Favorite Angel and Why

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ShinjiIkari
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiIkari » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:07 pm

My favorite fight is number 16 but in the Director's Cut version of "Rei III" when that huge thing pops out of the back of Unit 00. I also love the Rei transformation of the Eva just before it explodes.
Fuyutsuki-"Mankind exists because it has the will to live. After all, that's whay she chose to remain in the Eva"
"SEELE has dispatched all nine of the Eva Series equipped with the S2 Engines? That seems like a bit much, unless. Do they plan to start it here?"
Yes... and it sucks!

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:51 pm

My favourite Angel is Sachiel, at the beginning of the series I thought that he was awesome and hoped the other Angels would top him. For me non of them did and I still think Sachiel is my favourite. I just like the way he looks, the mask and those uber-cool forearm pole things that he uses to beat-face.
J U S T I N - B A I L E Y
_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:03 pm

I won't count Tabris because he doesn't really look like the traditional monster Angel (but if I did he would be my least favourite because of that exact reason). I would have to say Lilith because I never liked the way she looked. She was simultaneously creepy and lame.
J U S T I N - B A I L E Y
_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _

bigbadtyrant
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby bigbadtyrant » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Iruel is my least favorite because I didn't get to see evas own the dumb thing......
From the shadows i come!!!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Anime!Sahaqiel, because after all the buildup before and despite all the plot importance afterwards, the battle was done for in half a minute. Just like that.

Needless to say, the epic Rebuild Version of the battle was a welcome improvement.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:41 pm

I'll go with Gahgiel, as more than any other it felt like just a big dumb beast rather than a being with unfathomable alien intelligence.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 pm

I would actually have to say Israfel. The drop-kick at the end that was used to kill it swayed me. The battle scene in of itself was well-orchestrated too.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:12 pm

I don't have one that I really hate that much, but I didn't like Sandalphon too much. The battle just seemed kind of anticlimactic to me.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Age of Aquarius
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Age of Aquarius » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 am

I guess the ring angel that fused with Rei in the last few episodes, that one was pretty boring.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Sahaquiel because it just looked so damn stupid.

Israfel comes after that for amounting to little more than a Sachiel re-design.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Rei Makes You Go Splat
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Rei Makes You Go Splat » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm gonna go witht the crowd and say Sandalphon and Matarael. Both were rather weak.
Evangelion extends life. Evangelion expands consciousness.

Assasinate
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Assasinate » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:19 am

LiLin is for me....
SPOILER: Show
why dont they play counter-strike??
[/spoiler]
Humans can easily explain the cycle of life because they witnessed it, and they can tell it's story,
But no one can explain why a human need to die because the people who witnessed it can't never tell the tale.

Ritsuko
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ritsuko » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 am

Freaking frakking hate Arael freaking rape attacks. Really that angel pisses me off everytime I get to the Asuka mental attack scene.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:27 am

Hmmm. Tough to say, but I think the order would go something like:

Arael
Tabris
Lilith

There's a common theme there, obviously.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

bigbadtyrant
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby bigbadtyrant » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Israfel is my second least favorite just because i found the whole team fight/dance thing with Shinji and Asuka stupid and boring.
Last edited by bigbadtyrant on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:30 pm

View Original Postbigbadtyrant wrote:Iruel is my least favorite because I didn't get to see evas own the dumb thing......

Well, it does show how this certain creature could become a "bacterial" substance (as I call it) instead of being a physical creature. The fact that the MAGI computers would destroy it makes one of the good reasons why this system is a powerful one... POINTLESS BATTLE WHEN CONSIDERING IT'S A SHOW ABOUT MECHA ROBOTS.

bigbadtyrant
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby bigbadtyrant » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:11 pm

View Original Posttomrule123 wrote:Well, it does show how this certain creature could become a "bacterial" substance (as I call it) instead of being a physical creature. The fact that the MAGI computers would destroy it makes one of the good reasons why this system is a powerful one... POINTLESS BATTLE WHEN CONSIDERING IT'S A SHOW ABOUT MECHA ROBOTS.

That is exactly my reason why, I really couldn't care much about their super computer - "Oh it has a brain in it, how snazzy". I came for the CYBORG MECHS!!!

Jessemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jessemon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Sahaquiel for me too.

Made for an interesting episode, but the Angel itself was lame. I thought the idea behind the angels was that they were all fighting to be the dominant species on the planet? Then you go ahead and have Sahaquiel, who only seems concerned with blowing itself up. I guess you could argue that if Sahaquiel triggered 3rd impact, it's own destruction wouldn't matter. But it still seems silly to have a creature whose main defense mechanism is dropping itself on it's opposition.
"Your truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it. That's how fragile the truth for a human is." Hideaki Anno

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 pm

View Original PostJessemon wrote:Then you go ahead and have Sahaquiel, who only seems concerned with blowing itself up.

I don't think Sahaquiel was planning on dying. It was basically doing a body-slam on the Black Moon, either to get at Lilith or to destroy her. Sahaquiel's ATF would shield it from the consequences of physics, but everything beneath it would not be.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Jessemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jessemon » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:45 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I don't think Sahaquiel was planning on dying. It was basically doing a body-slam on the Black Moon, either to get at Lilith or to destroy her. Sahaquiel's ATF would shield it from the consequences of physics, but everything beneath it would not be.

Perhaps. However, all of Sahaquiel's previous body parts were destroyed on impact as far as we know, not to mention that they sure seem to have EXPLODED on impact. Misato and the rest of the gang sure seemed to think that Sahaquiel was going to explode when it hit the ground as well, not just cause a giant seismic impact.

And it wouldn't be the first time an angel suicided either (aka, Sachiel). Doesn't Ritsuko or Misato even comment that it's just like one giant bomb? I could be wrong of course, but it seemed to me that Sahaquiel was going to be destroyed when it hit NERV.
"Your truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it. That's how fragile the truth for a human is." Hideaki Anno

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”