Rei Ayanami

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:08 am

Reichu wrote:
Legend of the Past wrote:Who says those were the same ones?

Nobody, but it indicates that she was on drugs as early as back then, and they're present in a decrepit room that is directly echoed in that of Rei 2, drugs and all. The hypothesis that she has been "medicated" all along for the same reason seems rather ... reasonable to me.

I'm with you on this one, Reichu. Perhaps they scrambled her mind, firstly to stop/hold back her unique soul from evolving, and secondly to keep Lilith at bay. I'd like to have some of those. It'd be hilarious to rule over all of the teachers in school. :D :twisted: :wink:
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:14 am

Maybe they're like the "South Park" version of Ritalin, which would explain why Rei is so boring.

Wait... Are you saying that Lilith was kept on medication, too? Those must be helluva huge capsules. Oral intake would be inconvenient due to the mask, so...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:24 am

Reichu wrote:Maybe they're like the "South Park" version of Ritalin, which would explain why Rei is so boring.

Wait... Are you saying that Lilith was kept on medication, too? Those must be helluva huge capsules. Oral intake would be inconvenient due to the mask, so...

I didn't say a word about that, but now that you say it... *Burf*

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:59 pm

Faußtin wrote:I didn't say a word about that, but now that you say it... *Burf*

intravenously, of course - we're not French, here (nor are they in NERV)!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:01 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
Faußtin wrote:I didn't say a word about that, but now that you say it... *Burf*

intravenously, of course - we're not French, here (nor are they in NERV)!

??? What are you trying to say with that? I quite don't get it.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:15 pm

Faußtin wrote:??? What are you trying to say with that? I quite don't get it.

A stereotype of French prescribing practice is that whatever the complaint, the cure is a suppository. As there are no French doctors involved, then this probably isn't the mechanism used on Lilith
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:32 pm

Rei is awsome thats all I'll say. Of course I do like her better in the girlfriend of Steel manga
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:40 pm

But that isn't Rei at all

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Kaysow wrote:But that isn't Rei at all

Its Rei in a different world, still techniacally Rei though.

"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:52 pm

I think the original Rei is the best!!!! :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still that Rei rocks!!!
Rei Ayanami is the greatest anime heroin!!!

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:30 pm

Rei_Rocks wrote:I think the original Rei is the best!!!! :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still that Rei rocks!!!

ZOMG Im goona pull a Shinji "Rei is Rei"

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:20 pm

Evangelionfreak wrote:
Rei_Rocks wrote:I think the original Rei is the best!!!! :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still that Rei rocks!!!

Yes yeas, I get what your saying and I got it before and pretty much knew it to begin with. I said the original Rei in reference to who she is in Neon Genesis Evangelion and not NGE: Angelic Days. I thought she was more interesting in it. Basically they are the same Rei but still have very different personalitie. I think a interestion thing to say would be that the Rei in Angelic Days is Rei afer she completely opens up th SHnji.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:39 pm

Rei_Rocks wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:

Still that Rei rocks!!!

Yes yeas, I get what your saying and I got it before and pretty much knew it to begin with. I said the original Rei in reference to who she is in Neon Genesis Evangelion and not NGE: Angelic Days. I thought she was more interesting in it. Basically they are the same Rei but still have very different personalitie. I think a interestion thing to say would be that the Rei in Angelic Days is Rei afer she completely opens up th SHnji.

Its the real Rei

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:19 pm

Evangelionfreak wrote:
Rei_Rocks wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:

Still that Rei rocks!!!

Its the real Rei

I never said she wasn'to. I simply meant to say she has differences in her personality personality in Angelic Days. Some similarities it seems though when you think about it.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:25 pm

If Rei stopped taking her meds, would she act more like the Rei from the AU/GOS2?

Sounds like the premise of a fanfic, to me... It'd be a perfect excuse for why Rei suddenly developes emotions and a personality, because it would be the assumption that they're already there, but being surpressed through medication.

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:06 pm

Her emotions and personality were there to begin with and weren't supressed by emotion. She had a hard time expressing them. She only had a east time expressing thewm around Gendou. This is because he saved her. One of the reasons she is shy is because he is afraid. It looked like she used to be a happy little girl. However when she was strangeled it probally had a emotional and pyschological impact. Tat and or like many she is shy and afraid to show her emotions. In episode 5 it was proved she had emotions. Shes kind and willing to die for anyone.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:52 pm

Rei_Rocks wrote:Shes kind and willing to die for anyone.

While she might be willing to die for anyone if Gendo told her to do so, I find it a little difficult to imagine her sacrificing herself in place of anyone apart from Shinji (and perhaps a few others) in the absence of orders from on high.

For example, I'd be pretty surpised to see Rei park Unit 00 in the path of a particle beam for the purpose of defending someone like Asuka or Toji without Gendo approving it first. And Gendo, of course, probably wouldn't want her to die for anybody, replaceable or not. That's not to say that she's completely unfeeling; witness her hesitation when she realized that the Angel-infected Unit 03 still had a living pilot aboard.

That said, Rei is one of the better-liked NGE characters for me. In a way, her progress through the series reminds me of the introverted and emotionally walled-off person I used to be before somebody took notice and gave me a shove in the right direction.

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:28 pm

I see where your going at, but in episode 19 Rei went after the angel without being told, even though she was damaged and they wanted to keep her safe. Also I think she would sacrafice her self to save Toji after the way she hesitaed when he was in the ange. Asuka I think she would even though I can't think of any good reasons. However what she said befor the battled the fifth angel kind of make you feel that way. Also when she spoke to Asuka in the elevator in episode 22.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:51 pm

Rei_Rocks wrote:I see where your going at, but in episode 19 Rei went after the angel without being told, even though she was damaged and they wanted to keep her safe.

True, but she could also have done it because she knew that Shinji was no longer in NERV and supposed to be hiding in a shelter instead of piloting Unit 01.

But then, I don't think I'd go running around with a not-a-nuke if I were seriously trying to protect someone I cared about; too easy to catch him / her within the blast radius.

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:59 pm

Now that you say that I think Shinji was one of the reasons.

Plus there wasn't much more she could do at the time than run wih a nuke.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”