Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby evaunit13 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:00 pm

speaking of zeruel, i saw this in a facebook ad:
http://www.ani.me/participate/contest/29/

thinking about springing for the banpresto eva 01, i like the looks better than the rd/rt, even if it's less of a good figure.
i want rebuild

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby RMZX » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Funny how that ad just popped up on facebook for me after you mentioned it.
:|

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:24 pm

New pics of Eva 03 from Eva store!!!

Eva 01 bust to choke (try to note the red Dummy System eyes)

Umm... No comments...

And my prediction was right!
SPOILER: Show
Things to put on Eva 01's hands as to simulate gore-ish splatters!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby RMZX » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm assuming you can change the Eva 01 Head out with the regular one for Dummy System Eva 01.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:39 pm

lol ugly as hell, I was gonna get these when they get omnislashed in price but 03 was the deciding factor for me not getting them.Those arms look real crappy,nice effects but no thanks.Ill just be getting 02 and maybe 05 to put with my 2.0 evas if it turns out to be in scale with them more then the 2.0 one.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:16 am

Although I have no intentions of getting another Revoltech Eva, I don't think it looks that bad. I just can't the material they use and the revolver joints. Wouldn't mind if it were a fixed pose statue or something.

And on another note, I've finally opened my RD Unit-03 a couple of nights ago, and it's super awesome! A lot more fun than Unit-00, as Unit-03/Bardiel is meant to be put into wild poses, and you can just do pretty much whatever you want with RD's articulation. And add that with the novelty that it's a Unit-03/Bardiel figure, and it's black. (As opposed to Unit-01/02, which we get all the time over and over again)

I think I'll display together in action with my Night Combat Unit-01.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:07 pm

View Original PostRMZX wrote:Funny how that ad just popped up on facebook for me after you mentioned it.

That´s how facebook makes money.

jota
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby jota » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:34 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote: And add that with the novelty that it's a Unit-03/Bardiel figure, and it's black.

It's really black? All the poor quality pics I've seen it looked like blue, If it's really black, I got a boner to get it.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Nah.. It's really dark blue...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:49 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Nah.. It's really dark blue...

now that you mention it, i think its the same or a very close shade of blue as Eva 06

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Okay, dark blue, otherwise the black details on it arms wouldn't show. Come to think of it, most of its figures tends to be dark blue.

Eva-06 looks like it's got much bluer arms though.

visionfactory
Lilith

Postby visionfactory » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 am

Eva 03 is black! why they make it dark blue!? Black is so much better...

:shinchair:

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby RMZX » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:52 am

Its close enough on the RD. That Revoltech though is very noticably Blue.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:03 am

View Original Postvisionfactory wrote:Eva 03 is black! why they make it dark blue!? Black is so much better...

Unit-03 has always been very dark blue.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:15 am

LOL Don't know what you guys are talking about but the RD 03 is black i'm staring at it as of this post. >.> Maybe the EvaEvo 03 is dark blue(although I think its just the lighting in that pic)but the RD is def black.......

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:10 am

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:LOL Don't know what you guys are talking about but the RD 03 is black i'm staring at it as of this post. >.> Maybe the EvaEvo 03 is dark blue(although I think its just the lighting in that pic)but the RD is def black.......

Aside from the first Revoltech Unit 03, all the Rebuild Revoltech Unit 03s have been dark blue up to this point. And yes i dont see how Unit 03 can be dark blue in the anime and movies cuz to me its always been black.

jota
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby jota » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:59 am

I really got serious problems with "very dark blue" and black, sometimes it's black and looks like "very dak blue" to me and vice versa. I saw just one low res pic which RD 03 looks REALLY black, I don't remember where, but it's a pic in which they posed 03 "fighting" Night Combat 01. I really wish it was black, because I adore that scene when 03 is approching 01, with the sunset on it's back, it's really dark and the white parts are so shining bright, it's very beautiful.

I was thinking of getting RD03 and paint it black, but I am not a talented figures painter, and I am quite sure I would screw the figure. :/

EDIT: Appart from ebay, can anyone tell me somewhere else I can find RD 00 and 03? I know it's damn expensive, but I was going to buy the Arsenal FC jersey and jacket, but I think I'll get both RD instead.
Last edited by jota on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 am

It's meant to be black, but in the show, they would've needed to shade it with various dark blues, otherwise it'd just be one black muk.

RD is a very very dark blue, but it's as good as black IMO. (Just to differentiate between those part in the between the waist, pylons, etc)

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:24 pm

I guess im color blind because the figure(RD03)is black,I know the anime has to put some really dark blue in it to make it not look like a black blob like insomniac said but that doesnt mean its a dark blue eva.All my unit 03 figures are black, the old xebic one was black but does have some very dark blue to break it up and its noticable.The only Dark Blue eva around here is the Mark 06 and I want my damn RD version of it, at least some news about it, cause theres an ad out there for the EvaEvos that has all the release dates and theres a mystery "classified" eva box for November.EvaEvo might get there Mark06 then but they can also be getting an EvaEvo awakening or beast instead.At least EvaEvo fans have hope where as RD fans are getting left in the dark.... >.<

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:23 pm

I'd rather wait longer for an accurate RD Mark 06 than have them rush it from the few screencaps we have of it in 2.0. Knowing Revoltech, they're probably going to pull a Eva-05, and do one to milk some money first, then re-release a more 'accurate' version further down the road if they make any changes when 3.0 is released.

jota, don't even think of repainting it when you manage to get a RD Unit-03, it looks great right out of the box already! Feeling very lazy, I ought to take some pics of it.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”