Funimation Trailers thread.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:20 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:[url]http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/evangelion20/[/url]
This plays in the UK.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:10 pm

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote:they got nothing on the infamous End of Evangelion commercials

Oh wow, those were brilliant.
Whenever someone irritated me/ asked me what Eva was about I'd just link them to that.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:33 pm

OMG!
Asuka's voice is just as I imagined it would sound nowadays! :fap:
It's great to hear Tiffany Grant again!!!!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:17 am

waaaaat???

So I can watch this one in the UK but I couldn't watch the last ones in the UK, what is their reasoning lol

I find the voice acting to be really inconsistent, sometimes its great but most of the time it makes me cringe.
Hello

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Front page news doesnt mention the second clip - that being the Aquarium scene up to and including Rei's 'It's delicious' line.

Direct link to clip 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9keoN-uCyG8

Direct link to clip 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qow6eRlPCgI

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:54 pm

This just got me even more schyced! Can't wait for the dub! Also, I don't see the problem with the VAs. They're doing a better job than the original dub of the series!
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

moneenerd
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby moneenerd » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 pm

I just watched the 1.11 DVD (I only had a downloaded MKV file before) and I hope that Funimation will work harder on their packaging for 2.0/22. The menu screen is so boring; my Chinese pirate DVDs of the Eva series have flashier friggin' menus than this! Also, the book that comes with the 2 DVD set is less than stellar looking and has a few grammatical errors. If you're going to release a special edition DVD at a higher price, you should probably make it special.

/rant
Find me on Facebook: William Tyler

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:47 pm

View Original Postmoneenerd wrote:I just watched the 1.11 DVD (I only had a downloaded MKV file before) and I hope that Funimation will work harder on their packaging for 2.0/22. The menu screen is so boring; my Chinese pirate DVDs of the Eva series have flashier friggin' menus than this! Also, the book that comes with the 2 DVD set is less than stellar looking and has a few grammatical errors. If you're going to release a special edition DVD at a higher price, you should probably make it special.

/rant

They never said it was a Special Edition in the first place. And who honestly cares. It's not like your gonna stare at the cover or anything. Same with the booklet.

But they could work on the extra's though. I find it ridiculous that the BR has slightly better extra's then what the DVD of 1.11 does. I hope they fix that with 2.22.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:32 pm

View Original Postmoneenerd wrote:I just watched the 1.11 DVD (I only had a downloaded MKV file before) and I hope that Funimation will work harder on their packaging for 2.0/22. The menu screen is so boring; my Chinese pirate DVDs of the Eva series have flashier friggin' menus than this! Also, the book that comes with the 2 DVD set is less than stellar looking and has a few grammatical errors. If you're going to release a special edition DVD at a higher price, you should probably make it special.

/rant

I lkke the cover and booklet for 1.11. I see nothing wrong with it.
Long live the EVAs!!

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:37 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Front page news doesnt mention the second clip - that being the Aquarium scene up to and including Rei's 'It's delicious' line.

Direct link to clip 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9keoN-uCyG8

Direct link to clip 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qow6eRlPCgI

Oh for fuck sake.

Does anybody know of anything online that doesn't link to these...
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 am

View Original PostDartz wrote:Oh for fuck sake.

Does anybody know of anything online that doesn't link to these...
What is it about Rebuild that brings out the grouch in everyone?

Before hitting submit, please stop and ask yourself "does this post add anything to the thread?" That's not an "if you can't say anything good, don't say it", it's a "is there signal here or is it just noise?" question.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:49 am

Frustration at "Blocked in your country" -itis. Oh, they're quite happy to sell it here... but why in God's name do they block even the trailers? Just about everywhere I search for them, links to the same two bloody videos...
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

moneenerd
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby moneenerd » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:01 am

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:They never said it was a Special Edition in the first place. And who honestly cares. It's not like your gonna stare at the cover or anything. Same with the booklet.

But they could work on the extra's though. I find it ridiculous that the BR has slightly better extra's then what the DVD of 1.11 does. I hope they fix that with 2.22.

Well when you compare the $20 1.0 version with the $30 1.11 version, there's not a whole lot different. The extras are pretty much useless and don't warrant a second disc. I collect DVDs and usually aim for the special editions, as they have interesting packaging and extras.

And the fact that it's called 1.11 and not 1.0... wasn't that indicative of a special edition? They say there's added scenes, but I only see a difference in brightness, really.
Find me on Facebook: William Tyler

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:44 am

View Original Postmoneenerd wrote:Well when you compare the $20 1.0 version with the $30 1.11 version, there's not a whole lot different. The extras are pretty much useless and don't warrant a second disc. I collect DVDs and usually aim for the special editions, as they have interesting packaging and extras.

And the fact that it's called 1.11 and not 1.0... wasn't that indicative of a special edition? They say there's added scenes, but I only see a difference in brightness, really.

Then you are blind. You need to get your eyes checked out.
Long live the EVAs!!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:14 am

Aside from the brightness, most of the framing changes between 1.01 and 1.11 aren't that noticeable.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 pm

View Original Postmoneenerd wrote:They say there's added scenes
The added material is generally just fluff. The only one that sticks in my mind is that we get the Ritsuko swimsuit fan-service back that was omitted in 1.0x, after having been there in the original TV series.

jabieru.san
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jabieru.san » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:31 am

View Original PostDartz wrote:Frustration at "Unblocked in your country" -itis. Oh, they're quite happy to sell it here... but why in God's name do they block even the trailers? Just about everywhere I search for them, links to the same two bloody videos...

Just search on google "proxy zone" or somethign like that :w00:

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:39 pm

View Original Postmoneenerd wrote:Well when you compare the $20 1.0 version with the $30 1.11 version, there's not a whole lot different. The extras are pretty much useless and don't warrant a second disc. I collect DVDs and usually aim for the special editions, as they have interesting packaging and extras.

Then you obviously dont pay attention much then. Most of the extra scenes are near the start of 1.11.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:21 pm

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:Then you obviously dont pay attention much then. Most of the extra scenes are near the start of 1.11.

You are referring to the new scenes added between the theatrical 1.0 and 1.11. I'm pretty sure he's referring to the first DVD release (1.01) which had extra scenes added since the theatrical release and some bloopers fixed (since he's referring to the darkness). The differences between 1.01 and 1.11 are harder to determine (see my previous post in this thread and the wiki page that compares the two).

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 pm

It doesn't matter, but 1.0 was basically the same as the theatrical version with those minuscule changes you mentioned (and the darkness problem). It was 1.11 that added the extra minutes of new scenes.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”