The Dark Knight Rises

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:07 pm

View Original PostTHE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:^camera angles, blocking and a pinch of CGI could go a long way

That, or "apple boxes". Literally, you just put the actor on a box, and suddenly Tom Cruise looks 5'7". For some scenes, they've even made his girlfriend character walk in the trench so she looked shorter than him.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:42 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:That, or "apple boxes". Literally, you just put the actor on a box, and suddenly Tom Cruise looks 5'7". For some scenes, they've even made his girlfriend character walk in the trench so she looked shorter than him.

There is a limit to these techniques. I can imagine how they would do it: a blurry extreme long shot for the large body double and a close up for Trejo's face. Every time he talks the audience sees on his teeth what he had that day for breakfast.

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Another Nolan Batman film, eh? Hopefully my bullshit detector won't go off like crazy like it did during that last melodramatic cliche crap The Dark Knight.
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:35 pm

^does my troll detector smell a...
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:44 pm

View Original PostTHE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:^does my troll detector smell a...

No.
I honestly thought it was crap. Maybe I saw a crap version. Yeah, that must be it. Between Gordan's cliche speech, Dent's complete 180 personality switch with no reason other than "HURR DER JOKER YOUR RIGHT!", and the overall cheap 180's of practically everyone in Gotham, I must be getting trolled.

Also: Ledger wasn't that great.
AND shitty cgi face is shitty. I laughed when I saw that crap on screen.
Last edited by DevRei17 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:47 pm

I think Dent's 180 had more to do with half his face being burned off then with anything the joker said.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:49 pm

cheap 180's and cliche speech?

I recommend you respond in the old Dark Knight thread though before we get too off-topic, or start a new one re: "Why The Dark Knight Sucks"

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:50 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:I think Dent's 180 had more to do with half his face being burned off then with anything the joker said.

My point being it could have been fleshed out better. Character development should never be rushed.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Ok, I see your point.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 pm

I will grant that Dent's "180" as you call it was the weakest link of TDK, but that is like saying it did not make sense how Marty McFly and Doc Brown originally met each other in Back to the Future and then writing off that whole movie as crap

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:27 am

Is it possible that Bane won't be the main villain and he'll just be the opening villain similar to Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins?
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:07 am

^But... Ra's was the main villain in Batman Begins. He was the guy that was trying to destroy Gotham; Scarecrow was just a puppet.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:11 am

View Original PostMerridian wrote:^But... Ra's was the main villain in Batman Begins. He was the guy that was trying to destroy Gotham; Scarecrow was just a puppet.

O that's right... never mind :D
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Robin Williams as Hugo Strange?

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=28916
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:53 pm

That would be brilliant! Fund it!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:29 pm

lol at people whining at the possible rumor. He'd probably be the best actor in the entire film. It sucks Robin Williams has been typecast as a comedian.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:37 pm

Bane, Catwoman and now Hugo Strange? Just how many new prominent characters is Nolan going to include in the final film?
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:10 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:Bane, Catwoman and now Hugo Strange? Just how many new prominent characters is Nolan going to include in the final film?

Everyone loved the clusterfuck that was Spider-Man 3! I'm sure it will work out!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:43 pm

I'd be surprised if Nolan added a third villain. But we'll see.

As for Spider-man 3 I wouldn't be worried about any overlap. Spider-man 3 was put into production WITHOUT a finished script and literally when shooting was about to start Avi Arad forced Raimi to use Venom against his will. Thus, the core center of the film- Peter Parker becoming arrogant because he's so good as Spider-man, was turned into "Oh, he's arrogant because he's got the Symbiote on him". This also forced them to remove James Franco Gobin 2 from a huge portion of the film when he was originally written to be the lead villain and made them add a whole new character and villain without any real reason to him.

Nolan has a great enough track record I'm willing to trust him 100% on this endeavor. It's his last Batman film. It's been written as his last Batman film. He has 100% control of the script & which characters to use and has hinted he might shoot over 50% if not the entire film in IMAX. Any sarcastic bitching on the net is just people trying to be smug. The man's hit home runs so far and I can't see him dropping the ball so close to a win.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:30 pm

I think Bane will be a side villain and I don't see him being the main villain through the whole story. Nolan also mention before that he wants the main villain to be a villain that was not used before in any past movies. I think Hugo Strange seems like the best choice to go with.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Return to “Film and Video”