Chicago 2.22 Screening with Spike Spencer

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
darthikari
Adam

Chicago 2.22 Screening with Spike Spencer

•      
  •      

Postby darthikari » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:57 am

Having put out feelers and called and e-mailed Funimation, the Music Box, and a couple of other art-house theaters to no avail, imagine my joy when my friend sent me a copy of this press release from the C2E2 convention.....

Evangelion and Spike Spencer!
Evangelion at C2E2! With Special Guest Spike Spencer! Wowza! Neon Genesis Evangelion is a saga that redefined Japanese animation when it was released in 1995.

This story of a boy and his robot defending the world from hell-bent Angels dives down a rabbit hole of conspiracies, symbols, prophecies and fractured psychology and anime's never been the same since. In 2007, Evangelion changed and challenged the anime world again with the releases of the first in a series of feature films presenting a new and sometimes shocking take on the saga.

This year sees the release of the second Evangelion motion picture and C2E2 is now proud to announce it will host screenings of the Evangelion 1.11 and prior to its DVD release date, Evangelion 2.22 films. We're very excited to reveal Spike Spencer, the voice of series protagonist Shinji Ikari will be in attendance to introduce the screenings and speak about his body of work!

Spike Spencer, a voice actor for over a decade, has given voice to hundreds of characters in anime and video games. Beyond Evangelion's Shinji can be heard in Bleach, Vampire Knight, Code Geass, Nadesico, PreTear, Buso Renkin, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 2, BlazBlue and many others. What a guy!

C2E2 will host a spotlight panel on Spike's work on Friday, March 18 and Spike will introduce C2E2's screening of Evangelion 1.11 and present a Voice Acting Workshop on Saturday, March 19. On Sunday, March 20 Spike will introduce Evangelion 2.22 and conduct a Q&A after the screening. Spike Spencer will conduct autograph signings throughout the weekend, signing Evangelion 2.22 posters made available to attendees exclusively at his autographing events.

Check out the C2E2 Guest Page for Spike Spencer's full bio and other guests coming to C2E2 this March in Chicagoland!

.....I'm putting in for my vacation time tomorrow! :asuka_happy: I know that there's a lot of subtitled fans crying foul, but heck, its a chance to see the film, hopefully on a decent sized screen, with a bunch of other eva fans. Hope to see you there!
"I've had recurring nightmares, that I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man..."

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Interesting that they're showing 2.22, not 2.0. I guess this isn't considered part of the theatrical run.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:18 pm

This sounds like fun. I'll definitely be trying my best to go.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”