New Pilots (3.0 speculation )

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:44 am

View Original Postwonderluster wrote:Get New Restraints.

F-Type.

Or... the Unit-08 armor. My current theory is that they will implement some of the sweet, sweet technology used to get the Mark.06 under control to make Eva-01 manageable once again, and that's Eva-08.

Kendrix wrote:]Gendo planned the God part.
And he ain't gonna let those Seele guys touch his wife except over his cold, dead body.

Given Nerv's current state, Gendo can't really do much besides furrowing his eyebrows at any possible enforcers Seele might send (some U.N. troops, for example). Unless they pull a page out of the manga, and we get Super!Gendo somehow.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:09 am

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Or... the Unit-08 armor. My current theory is that they will implement some of the sweet, sweet technology used to get the Mark.06 under control to make Eva-01 manageable once again, and that's Eva-08.

Given Nerv's current state, Gendo can't really do much besides furrowing his eyebrows at any possible enforcers Seele might send (some U.N. troops, for example). Unless they pull a page out of the manga, and we get Super!Gendo somehow.

NO THANKS!

My theory is that SEELE's "True Evangelion" is not Mark.6 (why'd they give their ultimate weapon to someone they're sending to his death?)
but EVA 08 and that it will either replace or acompany the harpies.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:48 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Or... the Unit-08 armor. My current theory is that they will implement some of the sweet, sweet technology used to get the Mark.06 under control to make Eva-01 manageable once again, and that's Eva-08.

I find that hard to believe, having Unit 01 being remodelled would be like turning Optimus Prime from a Firetruck to a Ferrari, sure it's a bit of an upgrade, but COME ON. It just breaks tradition, Eva Unit 01's been a big symbol of evangelion, the cross of science and technology and religious belief. Without Unit 01, Eva just isn't Eva.

The only way I think that Anno would be able to pull off such a stunt would be to make it in a way that Gurren Lagann did, when Kamina died. You'll remember him none the less but Simo takes up the flame and continues to be even MORE epic. So if Yui has to done the armor of the arbiter...I mean umm, Unit 08, then she better raise hell.
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:11 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:(why'd they give their ultimate weapon to someone they're sending to his death?)

It's not in any way clear that that's Seele's intent for Kaworu at this time. If they are looking to create a "true god", a resurrected Adam (as opposed to their NGE goal of exploiting Lilith for Instrumentality purposes), then getting Kaworu killed would not really be in their interests.

View Original Postwonderluster wrote:So if Yui has to done the armor of the arbiter...I mean umm, Unit 08, then she better raise hell.

I'd be okay with this, as long as they didn't give her the storytelling shaft they gave the Arbiter in Halo 3. because seriously fuck Halo 3
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

beaverteeth92
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby beaverteeth92 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Maybe we'll see an adult pilot an Eva. Misato in an Eva inhabited by the soul of her father could be an interesting concept.

Evangelion 01
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion 01 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:12 pm

View Original Postbeaverteeth92 wrote:Maybe we'll see an adult pilot an Eva. Misato in an Eva inhabited by the soul of her father could be an interesting concept.
But hasn't it been stated that only kids can synch with Eva?
Shinji/Rei/Mana shipper and fan of Evangelions 00,01 and 03

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:13 pm

And aren't we still in massive amounts of doubt as to whether or not any Eva besides Eva-01 has a soul this time around?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:07 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:And aren't we still in massive amounts of doubt as to whether or not any Eva besides Eva-01 has a soul this time around?

Should we be? They'd need to have changed the mechanics of ATFs completely -- and, judging from the whole "Angels exploding into juice" thing, they've only made the mechanics more consistent. I believe Hyuga says that the dummy system can make an Eva deploy an ATF without a pilot present, so in all likelihood souls are still part of the equation.

It seems like one of those wait-and-see things.
Last edited by Reichu on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Didn't Ursus make that big soul/Eva/Lilith/treaty thing? Unless that's been disproved, he raises the best points we've got so far to tie everything together, including how Mari is capable of piloting after her initial Eva has been blown up.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:16 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:Didn't Ursus make that big soul/Eva/Lilith/treaty thing?

My memory is failing me.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:24 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:My memory is failing me.

All the Evas except 01 are inhabited by Lilith-souls through quantum fuckery, and this is what constitutes the contract that Seele are rambling about. I think that's basically it, anyway.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:16 am

As much as it pains me to say, theres room on those stairs for a few more kids. Remember what Anno said about new characters. It's gonna be a double ass pull if the new pilot is another girl. A Kamina subversion would be nice, getting killed in his first fight. Oh, the possibilities for death.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:52 am

I don't know if I posted this anywhere, but I would like to point out that under our current system we've got:

Eva-00: Destroyed
Eva-01: Technically there. Piloted by Shinji
Eva-02: Fate unknown. Piloted by Asuka
Eva-03: Destroyed
Eva-04: Destroyed
Eva-05: Destroyed
Eva-06: Extant. Piloted by Kaworu
Eva-07: Assumed. Piloted by ???
Eva-08: Extant. Piloted by ???

As neither Rei nor Mari have Evas; as we have the potential for five Evas to be running around; as Rei will almost certainly have a Quickening while leaving Eva-01; I propose that Mari will pilot Eva-07 and Rei will pilot Eva-08.

There. That wraps up the kid issue, don't you say?

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:48 am

View Original PostCombs wrote:Remember what Anno said about new characters.

Why, what did he say about new characters?

And it's not like piloting will be the biggest issue* in the next films. Besides Kaworu, there is most likely only one more Angel left.

*in b4 people start wailing "MP EVAS!!!!11!1"
Last edited by SaltyJoe on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:43 am

View Original PostLegendary wrote:Eva-02: Fate unknown. Piloted by Asuka

Unit-02 is heavily damaged at the End of 2.0, but still functional. It just needs repairs. However, I agree that if Asuka returns (eyepatch and all), she will probably pilot Unit-02 again.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 am

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:Unit-02 is heavily damaged at the End of 2.0, but still functional. It just needs repairs. However, I agree that if Asuka returns (eyepatch and all), she will probably pilot Unit-02 again.

Yeah. After all, EVA still has it's head - it lost the head (and the other arm!) in the series and they still repaired it. I can't imagine Asuka in a 'Plot EVA', (She's more like the 'badass normal' amongst the EVA Pilots and, at least in Rebuild, proud of it.)and the Kyoko Issue will most likely still be adressed (The Doll is there)

As for 08 and 07... Yeah, Rei with the Plot thing and Mari with the fancy new design, that feels about right.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Maybe you guys are full of it, and Anno mind fuckery of this time is eva-01 going into labor and spawning the messiah ?
ANATA BAKA !?

Hawq
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hawq » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:26 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Maybe you guys are full of it, and Anno mind fuckery of this time is eva-01 going into labor and spawning the messiah ?
He's not the messiah, he's a very naught boy! (couldn't resist it)

Assasinate
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Assasinate » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:32 pm

well throughout the pilot stuff here... wheres toji in the pilot lineup now in rebuild???
Humans can easily explain the cycle of life because they witnessed it, and they can tell it's story,
But no one can explain why a human need to die because the people who witnessed it can't never tell the tale.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:33 pm

So far, he's not. There was never any guarantee that Toji would be a pilot.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”