New Pilots (3.0 speculation )

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

x-unknown-fail
Embryo

Re: New Pilots (3.0 speculation [possible spoilers])

•      
  •      

Postby x-unknown-fail » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:05 am

View Original PostKaaVI wrote:i doubt that more than 6 pilots are needed.

if they reintroduce Touji as a pilot though I doubt people would conplain.

but what baffles me is this:
1st children: Rei
2nd children: Asuka
3rd children: Shinji
4th children: ???????????
5th children: Mari
6th children: Kaworu

we are missing a pilot here.

I think its a girl that loves blue I'm probably not right
lolz "ViolentGetsuga"

CORE
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CORE » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:23 am

While you could fit Rei 2 and Rei 3 into 4th and 7th.in a nice fit.. i think its only half right?. The Rebuild is aware of past ground it has covered and EoTV and EoE i think deals with the concept of the Rei character in such a way that the cloning element of her portrayal wont be addressed again but that aspect rather dealt with a sensibility towards origin rather than fragmentation. Also you have the merchandising and retcon to consider.. Rebuild seems more interested in omitting things than adding things that conflict.. and rather dealing with things fans are more interested in or new viewers can attach to more powerfully.

I think what is more likely is a complete ignoring of the 4th .. and the 7ths being a giant surprise right out of the blue.

1st Girl: Rei -
2nd Girl: Asuka
3rd Boy: Shinji
2th boy: ??(he got cut in the legs)??(and from the story)??
4th Girl: Mari (explains her original early drawing with a 4 on her)
1st Boy: Kaworu +
4th Boy: ? maybe Shinji V2... maybe Giant Rei... maybe ... Mr Hideaki Anno...? mabye YOU!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:37 am

It's far to late in the storyline to introduce a new pilot, they will have all their hands full with developing the five children we already have, expecially since Kaworu still has to be introduced properly, and Mari hardly interacted with anyone yet.
The EVA 08 pilot will be someone we know.

For the Designations: I doubt they'll change Kaworu's, and Touji never became a Pilot, so it's pretty safe to asume that Mari is the Fourth Child.
Make Clone Love Not Clone War

Evangelion 01
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion 01 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:30 pm

I once read a theory that Unit 08 could just be a new shell for 01's core* aka Yui * so Shinji could be the pilot if that's true.
Shinji/Rei/Mana shipper and fan of Evangelions 00,01 and 03

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:34 pm

View Original PostEvangelion 01 wrote:I once read a theory that Unit 08 could just be a new shell for 01's core* aka Yui * so Shinji could be the pilot if that's true.

Yah but EVA 01's pretty iconic. Getting rid of EVA 01 would be like getting rid of Rei or PenPen, as cool as the new design will be.
And I also don't see any reason why they'd do such a thing instead of just fixing EVA 01. It's just missing an Arm.

SaltyJoe
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:43 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:And I also don't see any reason why they'd do such a thing instead of just fixing EVA 01. It's just missing an Arm.

Because she became God and her current restraints can't really keep her in check?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:13 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Yah but EVA 01's pretty iconic. Getting rid of EVA 01 would be like getting rid of Rei or PenPen, as cool as the new design will be.

Indeed, where would Lord Macbeth be without his faithful hamster companion Ham-Ham?

die-yng
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby die-yng » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Indeed, where would Lord Macbeth be without his faithful hamster companion Ham-Ham?

Meaning Rei of course.
"Asuka groaned, palming her face. "First? That's a bagel."
"You're supposed to eat it," Shinji assisted.
Rei looked at them, then back to Ikari-kun, taking in the surprising revelation. Cautiously, she placed her lips around the item in her hand and took a small bite. Wide-eyed, she beheld the bagel with a new reverence.
"You are delicious, Ikari-kun.""
Lucretius and Essel Present: NGE: The Cutting Room Floor

[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9090&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:41 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Because she became God and her current restraints can't really keep her in check?

Gendo planned the God part.
And he ain't gonna let those Seele guys touch his wife except over his cold, dead body.

Not to mention that EVA 08 doesn't look de-god-ified at all with that giant halo and the floating pose and all...

Evangelion 01
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion 01 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:26 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Yah but EVA 01's pretty iconic. Getting rid of EVA 01 would be like getting rid of Rei or PenPen, as cool as the new design will be.
And I also don't see any reason why they'd do such a thing instead of just fixing EVA 01. It's just missing an Arm.
Well the theory was that 01 may be contaminated/dangerous after it's awakening so they would remove the core and place it in 08 to prevent potential problems/side effects from affecting Yui. Personally I think/hope it may be Rei's new unit wasn't 00 destoyed?
Shinji/Rei/Mana shipper and fan of Evangelions 00,01 and 03

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:40 pm

View Original PostEvangelion 01 wrote:Well the theory was that 01 may be contaminated/dangerous after it's awakening so they would remove the core and place it in 08 to prevent potential problems/side effects from affecting Yui. Personally I think/hope it may be Rei's new unit wasn't 00 destoyed?

If anything was left of it, it was absorbed into EVA 01 in the Zeruel battle.
Still, since EVA 01 has two cores now, I wonder if it will also need two Pilots....It's a possibility, but I admit it's about as completely speculative as the EVA 08=01 thing...

I think they'll keep 01 - the semi TI was just a fancier/cooler/more romantic way for EVA 01 to integrate angelic material into itself à la episode 19. All they did in the series was put it in kryostasis.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:58 pm

The "Eva-01 --> Eva-08" theory was essentially disproven after the line it was based upon was shown to have been heinously mistranslated.

Regarding cores, we don't get a good look at Eva-01's chest after she returns to normal, so there might not be a second one anymore.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:02 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The "Eva-01 --> Eva-08" theory was essentially disproven after the line it was based upon was shown to have been heinously mistranslated.

That's news to me. I thought people assumed it still due to the visuals (3 eyes on Eva-08 for Q Preview, 3 eyes on Eva-01 at the end of 2.22) and the line about "Quickening Eva-08 and its pilot" for the Q Preview.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Well, okay. I was under the impression that the mistranslated line was a bit reason the theory gained momentum, but I guess people still have other reasons to keep believing it if they want. :p

EDIT: Okay, by request, this is what I'm talking about:

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=272550#272550
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=267060#267060

A line was initially translated "The true Evangelion... This means the current unit containing EVA 01 will serve as usher up to its completion", and eventually corrected to something like, "the current units including Unit-01 will usher in its completion". (Would quote the exact thing, but an up-to-date version of the subtitle file seems to have gone missing from my HD.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

CORE
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CORE » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:00 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Well, okay. I was under the impression that the mistranslated line was a bit reason the theory gained momentum, but I guess people still have other reasons to keep believing it if they want. :p

EDIT: Okay, by request, this is what I'm talking about:

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=272550#272550
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=267060#267060

A line was initially translated "The true Evangelion... This means the current unit containing EVA 01 will serve as usher up to its completion", and eventually corrected to something like, "the current units including Unit-01 will usher in its completion". (Would quote the exact thing, but an up-to-date version of the subtitle file seems to have gone missing from my HD.)

That sounds right. . If one think's of Evangelion units as a embodiment of a approach to existence it makes sense. With the previous endings.. all the characters helped realise his peace. or All the characters helped him fall into deeper confusion. Both leading to the creation of a approach to life or a greater god like being/person/self/etc with remnants of their haunting genetic past inside. Unit 8 might actually still never be shown thou even if its "activated" as it might be addressing activating the audience in the right way. Shinji is piloting us all in a way.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:57 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Because she became God and her current restraints can't really keep her in check?

Get New Restraints.

F-Type.
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Really, they should have just been capturing the Angels ala the third one and building modified F-Type equipment onto each one of them. Wouldn't even have to kill them.

Warren Peace
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:54 am

So you're saying humanity should have enslaved the angels and forced them to murder/enslave the rest of their kind? That's dark, dude. :lol:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:15 am

Not a whole lot different from what happened in NGE, where humanity murdered the Angels with enslaved facsimiles of their mommy.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:50 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:So you're saying humanity should have enslaved the angels and forced them to murder/enslave the rest of their kind? That's dark, dude. :lol:

Actually I'm saying that F-Type armor is so crappy the Angels wouldn't be able to get any shit done. Just leave 'em alone once they're all outfitted.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”