Evangelion 2.0 North American Screening Dates

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:11 am

Actually yeah, ever since I said "This will be dubbed only" there have been numerous reports of theaters showing the movie(s) with Japanese audio and English subtitles.

Which is very unusual for Funimation.

facespace
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby facespace » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:06 pm

This is truly the biggest bummer for me. I leave home on the 17th to go back to college in Chicago and I miss the showing in Dallas. Why the he'll isn't there a showing in Chicago? I mean it is like one of the biggest cities in the nation.
PEWPEWPEW

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:28 pm

I hate there are no screenings in Maryland. I'm not going to drive three hours to NYC to see a movie.

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:If it were subtitled, I would consider going.

Same here as they are not super white like the 1.0 screening in DC back in 2009.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

shadedpain4
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shadedpain4 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Got my tickets!

I do love living on the border of US/Canada =)

BC Baron
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby BC Baron » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:25 am

View Original Postfacespace wrote:Why the he'll isn't there a showing in Chicago? I mean it is like one of the biggest cities in the nation.

Tell me about it. This release schedule is a complete joke. I mean, they include New York on the list, but not Boston? Are you freaking kidding me?! Well, that's just a fantastic way to generate a whole bunch of instant enemies. At least I had the chance to see 1.0 in Harvard Square back in August of 2009 (although the theatre was pitifully small), but now I guess people around here will get nothing.

Does Funimation actually think there aren't fans of Eva to be found anywhere within New England? Maybe they shouldn't even bother distributing the 2.22 DVD/BluRay to this region in March of 2011 either. Why make an effort, right? I'm honestly perplexed (and more than a little disgusted) at the way Funimation seems to handle this title like it's an afterthought, when it should be receiving the royal treatment, as their flagship property.
Last edited by BC Baron on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:43 am

For 1.0, I think there was a screening in Chicago's Music Box Theatre. Can't remember how it went, they were trying to see if there was enough interest.

http://www.evageeks.org/2009/07/evangelion-1-0-screens-in-chicago/

http://www.evageeks.org/2009/07/update-for-chicago-screening-of-1-0/

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=7082

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:40 pm

For 1.0, I think there was a screening in Chicago's Music Box Theatre. Can't remember how it went, they were trying to see if there was enough interest.

Yeah I saw 1.0 over there, I hope they pick up 2 as well
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

darthikari
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby darthikari » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:34 am

Yeah, I saw it there too. I've sent the staff a couple of emails, but I think I'll need some help in convincing them to show 2.0.
"I've had recurring nightmares, that I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man..."

facespace
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby facespace » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:32 pm

Yeah I sent them an email as well, I am trying to get their number as well and get some more direct contact.
PEWPEWPEW

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:26 pm

I assumed this would be dubbed, as the screening of Rebuild 1.0 was. Personally I'd rather see it dubbed in theaters so I dont have to read anything, but more so because I'm just excited to have Tiffany back as Asuka.
Either way no complaints, I'm glad I get to go to a screening in my lame ass town! :asuka_thumbsup:
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 am

Is there going to be screenings in the UK?
Hello

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:37 pm

ANN and Eleven Arts Inc are giving away tickets to the 2.0 screenings in Canada. There are five free tickets available for each of the cinemas detailed in the link, adding up to a total of 245 available free tickets. If you're interested, follow the instructions on the linked page.
Voluntary Illusion.

laueva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby laueva » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:45 pm

The trailer provided in the Cineplex webpage had no characters speaking, so I think it's probably going to be subbed. and oooooo my god I am excited for this, because a theatre is just within 5 min drive from my house :D
eva noob?

kuwisdelu
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby kuwisdelu » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm new here, so hello everyone!

Against all my expectations, a theater in my hometown will actually be showing it, which is only an hour's drive away, so I'm happy right now.

I know that anime isn't exactly as big in the US, but with such a ridiculously short screening run, is it important to buy tickets in advance?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:44 pm

View Original Postkuwisdelu wrote:I know that anime isn't exactly as big in the US, but with such a ridiculously short screening run, is it important to buy tickets in advance?
If it's running for a few days in your town, I'd recommend buying tickets in advance. If it's showing for a full week or so and you don't intend to go the first day, it's probably not necessary. But don't wait until the last day to arrive and find out tickets are sold out.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

kuwisdelu
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby kuwisdelu » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:14 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:If it's running for a few days in your town, I'd recommend buying tickets in advance. If it's showing for a full week or so and you don't intend to go the first day, it's probably not necessary. But don't wait until the last day to arrive and find out tickets are sold out.

It's three days, so I guess I'll try calling ahead the week before. Thanks!

Phantasma Del Mar
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Phantasma Del Mar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Anyone ever find anything about the San Diego screening? Because this whole time it's just said "TBA". Would hate to miss out on seeing Eva on the big screen...

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:44 pm

View Original PostPhantasma Del Mar wrote:Anyone ever find anything about the San Diego screening? Because this whole time it's just said "TBA". Would hate to miss out on seeing Eva on the big screen...

The post on the front page has links to the actual theatre websites. If you click on them then go to "Special Events" you can see 2.0 being a 1 day only showing. Looks like it's going to be on the 20th: http://boxoffice.printtixusa.com/ultrastar/advance?i=9921

I'll go ahead and make another post about it.

unit450
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby unit450 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Those posters/images of Eva-01 were drawn by somebody at Kara, just fyi. There was another thread discussing this awhile back.

Its hard to tell where they stopped with the photoshopping on it to be honest, but I'm pretty sure that Rodeo is right at least with the promo posters(Eva Unit-01 facing the camera) with them using the PG Eva Unit-01 model kit. Looking at mine I see the simalarities between the design of the upper part of the legs, hands, and yeah the Rebuild units aren't ever really shown with such broad shoulders. Also the kit is ancient so people might not have thought about it in the thread you mentioned.

[URL=http://img9.imageshack.us/i/banpgeva1c.jpg/]Image[/URL]

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Thats one UGLY(Unit450-I think its just really LAZY) poster we have here! Not much better than the 1.0 poster. Still I got to have it! :toothy: I'm going to badger all my local theatres for one of these lol.

Yeah missed out on snagging the 1.0 promo-poster when it was showing at my local theatre because a worker had claimed dibs on it. Gonna try and head in a little early to get my name on it this time.

Also entered that contest, just this time entered to go to the showing in my little town of Barrie; still floored this place EVEN got it to be honest.
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

melichan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby melichan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:03 am

LOL, I stand corrected. XD

Good to hear some theaters are doing subbed viewings, I'll have to check into that in my area.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”