Winter Session RolePlay Signups + Discussion!

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:41 pm

I don't know if it is just my view, but you have to scroll to see everything. I think Misato will be in one of the "east bedrooms".

I don't know how much Misato will be around. Since her reasons for being here involve investigating the Mass Production Evangelions and the S2 stuff, that could explain her absences. You know, she's off doing "grown-up" things. :p
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Grr. Chat clients are being stupid for me. I can't get on to the rp on chatzilla and mibbit is being retarded slow. :(
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:03 pm

GGSS: http://forum.rizon.net/showthread.php?15-Current-List-of-Rizon-Servers

Open Chatzilla, pick an above server name of your liking ( /server *servername* eg: /server irc.pantsuland.net) then you should be set to join the channel.

Hope that helps. If Rizon keeps disconnecting, then yeah that is weird.

__

So is anybody else going to join IRC today? Only me, Seele and Essel are around to RP (CAP and Reichu are there but their characters sorta need other people around to be introduced) which would make it somewhat tough.

Oh, and I guess Rei will have a south bedroom.

oOoOoOo: In Profile, you need to set "Maximum display width of images in posts" to 0 to see everything.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Alright. I got it. I'll take an east bed room. And I will try to be active AMAP (as much as possible).

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Before I forget, I will NOT be on tomorrow. Wednesday, if I'm on, it'll be sometime in the late afternoon/evening.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:06 pm

Don't be mad at me. ;_;

My beloved, who is an ultra-busy lady, has a lot of free time right now and... I am weak. ;_; So I don't think I can make any promises about future involvement. I'm just dropping by the house now to get a change of clothes. So whatever you have to do to Misato is fine. I am a selfish creature and got super excited before and I hope I haven't messed up the dynamic or anything. Sorry, sorry~ I will accept any punishment.

I did make a map, though. ;_;
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:21 pm

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:Don't be mad at me. ;_;

My beloved, who is an ultra-busy lady, has a lot of free time right now and... I am weak. ;_; So I don't think I can make any promises about future involvement. I'm just dropping by the house now to get a change of clothes. So whatever you have to do to Misato is fine. I am a selfish creature and got super excited before and I hope I haven't messed up the dynamic or anything. Sorry, sorry~ I will accept any punishment.

I did make a map, though. ;_;

Damn, that's sad news. I loved your Misato!

So, if we need someone to take over... I think Eric or SSD would both be good choices; Eric because he's generally inclined to have his characters consciously push the plot along into something coherent, and SSD because she's leading this RP and a character with a strong leadership position like Misato's here would help her run it much more directly than she can as Rei.

Thoughts?

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm open if nothing works out.

(man, keep this up, and I'll become the "In case of emergency" guy)
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Personally I only have enough time to be Rei because I've finally been having a real life since I moved back home (and my schedule of free time versus being out and about is pretty random currently; there's no fixed schedule compared to my old living situation).

Last night in #egf-rpg it was discussed if maybe CAP could take Misato so he could have Gendo/Kaworu/Misato and Eric could have Kaji but no real conclusion was reached.

I guess if worse comes to worse, maybe CAP could be drop Gendo (is he really needed in this RP except for maybe the end?) and "just" be Kaji/Kaworu/Misato though that could be character overload for the poor guy.

I wish Legendary or somebody with his mad RP-skills were around, that would probably help with this current situation. :sigh:

Reichu being involved in this RP is nice and Akira being alive IS an interesting dynamic, but we would need a decent Kaworu and/or Misato to bounce off of.

Also, MisatoRitsukoFan, are you going to join our RP at some point? We haven't seen you on IRC yet.

Perhaps people just aren't interested in RPing a dramatic storyline or they're busy with the holidays still? At least it seems RPing on IRC is the way to go compared to Forum RPing since forum-RPs die out more often (and quicker!) than IRC-RPs. :sweatdrop:

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Currently working on some other projects; if I do come on board, I would like to handle Misato and Musashi, and maybe use Langley sparingly to include some plot ideas, but I'm still trying to see if I will have the time to do this on a daily basis for the whole month, so no real promises.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Eric: If it would be a daily basis, perhaps the RP could be arranged where there would be a daily 1 hour (or 2 hours depending on how much time people have) RP session. It'd be a good way to help avoid burnout or neglecting other responsibilities for everybody...

Or, maybe the RP could be configured to be an every other day session or certain times on the weekend session.

Thoughts? (At the very least, having this RP only last for a month does help avoid long-term burnout and keeps things more enjoyable, I think.)

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Gendo should probably be dropped as a character, I suspect. Not that I'm a part of this or anything, just saying. It would make it easier for everyone to pick up the roles of the required guys.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Mmkay so based on discussion on IRC I guess things will be like this:

Kaji and Gendo: Dropped. Gendo can be busy with his own stuff at HQ unless somebody takes him/joins. Kaji can be dead ala series or presumed dead if somebody ends up taking him/joining.

CAP will focus on Misato and Kaworu which should help things go more smoothly.

To clarify, those extracanon girls (except for Mari who's a spy or whatever she is) are 2A classmates, in the class from the start. BUT the Eva pilots don't know them that well.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:58 am

Heya folks, SSD asked me to step in to try and take a leadership role in the RP to try and get things moving again.

I'm not going to be available all the time, but I'll aim to be in the RP room most nights, between the hours of 3pm and 7pm EST (8pm-12am GMT). I'll definitely be absent Saturdays, Mondays and Tuesdays though, due to other commitments.

During the hours I'm on, we can either limit the RP to one to two hours, as SSD mentioned previously, or just keep going 'til we run out of time, that's entirely up to you guys.

Unless anyone has any preferences otherwise, we'll be sticking to the originally agreed start time of 3pm EST. I'll be giving #egf-winter RPers a gentle reminder to log in to the chan just before then.

One of the problems the RP has at the moment is that it's lacking an 'active character', someone to get things moving, like O7 did as Misato previously.

Kaito can do that only to a limited degree without it seeming a bit forced on my part, and his more usual manner of doing so is dragging people along on his little mystery outings, which is not to everyone's tastses, and would be slightly out-of-character for him at the moment, as some of you might have noticed.

So, one solution I'm considering for dealing with that issue is taking on a secondary character to be that 'plot hook'. I don't feel up to taking on Misato though, because 1) I don't think I can do a very good Misato, and 2) Kaito's going to need to interact with Misato on the whole 'investigation' side of things, and I hate roleplaying with myself.

So, the alternatives are:
1) I feed CAP some ideas about things Misato can do to set things in motion in the RP and then he can run with those ideas however he chooses.
2) I take on another as-yet-unassigned character who can act as Misato's proxy, e.g. perhaps Hyuga or Aoba have been dumped with the job of being the kids' chaperone while Misato is off doing 'adult stuff', as O7 put it.
3) Same as above, but using an ACC, perhaps someone Misato knows from her time at NERV Berlin previously. This has the advantage of circumventing my discomfort with RPing Hyuga or Aoba, but the disadvantage is that he or she would be an unestablished character.

I'm mostly just throwing out ideas here, so feel free to offer opinions or your own ideas and such like. ^^;
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:22 am

I like the idea of some combination of 1 and 2, personally. To fit in with series events, you could take Hyuga (or Aoba if you have one preference for a bridge bunny over the other). While 3 is nice, I feel too many ACCS can be a bit of an overload, we probably need to fill out more canon characters first.

What's nice with that is Maya wouldn't feel as lonely if she arrives in Germany too. :3

Thanks a lot for stepping in, it's appreciated!

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:33 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I like the idea of some combination of 1 and 2, personally. To fit in with series events, you could take Hyuga (or Aoba if you have one preference for a bridge bunny over the other). While 3 is nice, I feel too many ACCS can be a bit of an overload, we probably need to fill out more canon characters first.

What's nice with that is Maya wouldn't feel as lonely if she arrives in Germany too. :3

Thanks a lot for stepping in, it's appreciated!

No problem. I'm due for a marathon re-viewing of the series, so I'll try and work out whether I'd rather be Aoba and Hyuga as soon as I can. I'll be on at 3pm tonight, but I'll probably be logging off early at 6pm to join the small party downstairs before the bells. ;)

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Just fyi, I won't be around for tomorrow's (Monday's) RP.

Let me know what happens.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:24 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Just fyi, I won't be around for tomorrow's (Monday's) RP.

Let me know what happens.

Not going to be on tonight either, it's Call of Cthulhu night. I will be on tomorrow though, as my regular game for Tuesday nights isn't starting up again until next week.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:04 am

Some family stuff's going on today so I doubt I'll be on for the RP. Maybe late into the session but I have no idea at this point.

So yeah, please keep me posted on what happens today. Hopefully I'll be around tomorrow. >_>

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:27 pm

Will be working tonight, at 2-645 central, so I wont be on. Just a heads up.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”