[Game] Neon Genesis Evangelion 2: Another Cases

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:26 pm

I wish I could understand what I'm saying and doing when I play it :(
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

jetatomic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jetatomic » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:29 am

I've found a better way to save Kaworu from the Japanese FAQ
Here's the order for the first time you talk to him: 1-1-2-2
2nd: 2-1-1-2
3rd: 3-2-2-2
Note: You can't save Kaworu in Shinji's 1st scenario.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:27 am

jetatomic: Thanks!

"This is frusterating! I'm getting frusterated!" - Strong Sad. So, while I got berserk Yui in my Scenario 18 game for Angel 4, I couldn't get the S2 Engine by the time Angel 8 showed up and Rei/Asuka were piloting again. I restarted Scenario 18 completely and now I just can't get Yui to berserk, period. I am following the advice on page 22/23 in this thread but...yeah.

Also, can the characters get the Labrynth of the Heart Congrats endings in PSP Eva2 or is that PS2-only?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

@SSD: have you tried following the steps of this wiki that I've linked before? I think that you can read Japanese so you could have a more exact idea of the requirements.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Nyeeh
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Nyeeh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Welp, I just finished reading the thread and it's been interesting. Kudos to all you guys for putting so much time into this game.

I have had the PSP version for about 2 years now and I take it out every now and again. Despite the games many problems It somehow manages to reel me in each time.

One minor thing that I found really neat was how the Leliel encounter differs by scenario (in short, Leliel swallows up the EVA of whichever pilot you're currently controlling). This naturally makes things play out a little differently. So for example, if you're playing as Shinji, Yui comes to the rescue (as in the TV series) whereas if you're playing as Rei, she has a conversation with Rei 1 who (presumably) causes EVA 00 to go berserk.

Funnily enough, when I was playing as Toji, he ends up talking to his mother! (She appears in silhouette but the game identifies her as Toji's mother in the text box). Naturally, EVA 03 goes berserk and kills Leliel immediately after.

I dunno if this can be considered cannon but it's a nice little detail regardless.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:17 pm

View Original PostNyeeh wrote:whereas if you're playing as Rei, she has a conversation with Rei 1 who (presumably) causes EVA 00 to go berserk

Actually I wanted to open a thread or anyway a discussion about it.
It seems more like it's Lilith that it's talking to Rei or actually that the Rei inside the EVA-00 expresses Lilith's desires of merging with Adam, in NGE2 apparently Lilith has an huge desire for the Fruit of Life.

Some screenshoots:

It'd be nice if anyone could give a translation of that phrase.

Funnily enough, when I was playing as Toji, he ends up talking to his mother! (She appears in silhouette but the game identifies her as Toji's mother in the text box). Naturally, EVA 03 goes berserk and kills Leliel immediately after.

Another interesting thing is that we hear Kensuke's father (and he mentions my country as well, at least I'm sure that we have not disappeared from the world in Evangelion!); actually Kensuke scenario is weird if anyone could explain me the ending I'd be grateful (read the following lines only if you've seen the ending of Kensuke's scenario):
SPOILER: Show
from what I can understand his father ensured Kensuke that he'd do the utmost to prevent him from becoming a pilot but after the last dialogue Kensuke is called to substitute Touji, that died before, and they tell him that his father agreed about it! Kensuke doesn't believe it but after that he's called (maybe by the head of the school or a prof) and they tell him that something happened to his father (I suppose an incident).
Putted like this apparently they could have setted up this incident, but I'm not sure if it's the case. Does anyone have any better idea about whatever happened?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Regarding Kensuke, my impression was:

SPOILER: Show
Kensuke especially wanted to become a pilot after Toji's demise and finding out the secret that the Evas have mother's souls, but when he was called into the nurse's office and spoke with Ritsuko, he wasn't able to pilot after all because his father got sick or hurt (not dead I don't believe).

That's as I understood things. Regarding the why, not sure. (And funnily enough, Kensuke's seiyuu voices both him and his dad.)

And yeah, Rei 1 is saying that the Fruit of Life from Adam wasn't obtained (implying that Rei 2 can't die yet because she needs to retrieve it). I think it makes sense that Rei 1 would say something like that since they're all the same soul of Lilith and how Lilith was talking to Rei through her subconsciousness.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:24 am

Thank you for the explanation about Kensuke, it makes sense.
And I didn't know that Kensuke dubbed his own father as well, I didn't notice it at all (lately I'm getting good at recognizing seyuus' voices but it seems that I'm still not good enough).

EDIT: of course thanks for the confirmation about Rei I's statements (I was forgetting about the part that she can't die yet, it has passed quite some time since I've played Rei's scenario, it has one of the more impressive endings).

BTW: we can't have polls because they're considered EVIL but which ending was the more impressive in your opinion?
From the ones that I've played (I lack Asuka, Nerv Trio, Pen^2 and 3rd Shinji) I think that the more impressive and outstanding were Misato and Rei's endings.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Nyeeh
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Nyeeh » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:24 am

BTW: we can't have polls because they're considered EVIL but which ending was the more impressive in your opinion?

Out of all the endings I aquired, my favourite ones are either Kaworu's ending or the bad ending that was posted a while back (instrumentality takes place, does not get undone, ends with a long haired EVA 01 standing in a sea of LCL holding the lance of Longinus.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Does anyone have Pics/Translations for the alternate Versions of Teh Mindrape ans Asuka's Version if it differs from ep. 22?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:19 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Does anyone have Pics/Translations for the alternate Versions of Teh Mindrape ans Asuka's Version if it differs from ep. 22?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding well, as far as I know the Freudiel's attack doesn't change if you play with Asuka, it could be worth trying to see if there's anything special but I doubt it (I've lost the synchronization once but I don't remember if I was playing with Shinji or Asuka; probably it was Shinji).
Actually a weird bad ending is against Armisael, apparently they activate the self-destruction from outside once the EVA is damaged beyond a certain point by Armisael (and Shinji will call Misato in despair and she says that she's sorry).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:42 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I'm not sure if I'm understanding well, as far as I know the Freudiel's attack doesn't change if you play with Asuka, it could be worth trying to see if there's anything special but I doubt it (I've lost the synchronization once but I don't remember if I was playing with Shinji or Asuka; probably it was Shinji).
Actually a weird bad ending is against Armisael, apparently they activate the self-destruction from outside once the EVA is damaged beyond a certain point by Armisael (and Shinji will call Misato in despair and she says that she's sorry).

Sorry, this was supposed to be an 'and' ^////^ I'm mostly intrested in Shinji's, Kaworu's and/or Touji's versions (I head that if you play as Rei, you just have to get the lance)

danxviii
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby danxviii » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Hiya! *bumpity*

I'm kinda working on a menu patch for Shinseiki Evangelion 2: Another Cases... so I'm gonna post some screenies to see if there's interest in this, since my Japanese knowledge is quite basic and this game is full of Kanjis :| Obviously, I'm here to search for some skilled people who are willing to help me with the translation part :toothy:

Take this as a Proof of Concept, more than actual work:
http://img824.imageshack.us/i/67063184.png/
http://img17.imageshack.us/i/61724179.png/
http://img249.imageshack.us/i/15796344.png/
(real hardware goodness)

Some names are butchered because of the current text lenght restraints. I hope that with some hacking I should be able to circumvent that.
Oh, and please don't mind the horrible english. This was just a test :P

This will probably be a menu translation initially. As for dialogues, dunno, maybe in the future.

Thanks for the attention! :toothy:

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Wow, looks great. I wish I could speak Japanese... I should learn it, but I'm always to busy...

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:19 am

Nice job danxviii but unfortunately I can't help as well (both replies so far from people that don't speak Japanese, I suppose that it's disappointing); do you think that it's possible to export the Japanese text in a textual format that could be translated and inserted back in the game? Maybe it could be easier to find someone who could translate some lines in this way.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

danxviii
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby danxviii » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:59 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Nice job danxviii but unfortunately I can't help as well (both replies so far from people that don't speak Japanese, I suppose that it's disappointing)

Well, don't worry, that was kinda expected :toothy: Good translators are actually rare, and the few ones around are usually pretty busy :D

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:do you think that it's possible to export the Japanese text in a textual format that could be translated and inserted back in the game? Maybe it could be easier to find someone who could translate some lines in this way.

Sure, that was what I actually had in mind.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:33 pm

View Original Postdanxviii wrote:Sure, that was what I actually had in mind.

I personally have tons of things on my to-do list, but a game translation of sorts would be nice to partake in. (Especially if the Japanese text would be exported, that would make things easier.) Let me know what you need help with regarding the menu.

danxviii
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby danxviii » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:17 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I personally have tons of things on my to-do list, but a game translation of sorts would be nice to partake in. (Especially if the Japanese text would be exported, that would make things easier.) Let me know what you need help with regarding the menu.

Thanks for the offer! :w00:

Well, I'm pretty busy right now, but I'll try to get down and clean the exported text as soon as possible, and then send you a PM :)

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Bumping the old thread.
View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:(Especially if the Japanese text would be exported, that would make things easier.) Let me know what you need help with regarding the menu.

Actually the Japanese text can be read quite easily with an hex editor or even with a text editor that support shift_jis encoding (it's not encrypted or anything, simple text strings encoded in shift_jis) I've tried to import Reichu's translations of the CIs in the game using an hex editor but unfortunately the game becomes unstable and it freezes after I scroll some pages (but the text is correctly rendered in English), surely I'm messing up something...
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:23 pm

How do you look at the game's text with a text editor? (Should I feel stupid for asking?)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”