CR Evangelion - For pachinko, not the movies...

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
NatTheWriter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby NatTheWriter » Fri May 28, 2010 3:15 pm

I'm not sure about the other ones, but that last picture is from a pachinko game. It has no connection to the storyline.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri May 28, 2010 3:47 pm

View Original PostIkariRei wrote:Also source of this pic? There's scenes here i haven't seen yet.
Like the others have said it's from a promotional flier for the latest EVAPachinko machine, which just so happens to be RoE themed.
Given that it's from a pachinko a video of course exists, and a copy is floating around in Youtube . Given that it's Kaworu penetrating Ramiel with the LoL and riding Eva04 it's going to be totally apocryphal in nature.
Also Kaworu walks on water and talks about Shinji after he's penetrated someone. :shinji_blush:
View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:That's from a commercial of a slot machine. Relish it because it will be the only time we'll see a Rebuild version of Unit 04 for a really long time.
Pretty much, I don't think I've seen it animated in any other medium...mabey the shouldn't have named it Yongoki.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

IkariRei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby IkariRei » Fri May 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Aw thanks for the video!Was good to see some extra Kaworu /fangirling

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri May 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Pretty much, I don't think I've seen it animated in any other medium

Unit 04's in a few games piloted mostly by Tabris although in Battle Orchestra she's piloted by Kensuke.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri May 28, 2010 4:17 pm

View Original PostIkariRei wrote:Aw thanks for the video!Was good to see some extra Kaworu /fangirling
You're welcome, I'm glad that massing a cache of these videos in there has some use for others ^_^

And yes this version of Kaworu must have Shinji centric priorities if he decides to start talking about him right after having penetrated something.
View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:... in Battle Orchestra she's piloted by Kensuke.
And they don't die?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri May 28, 2010 4:51 pm

And they don't die?

Unit 04's a playable fighter, I doubt it although storyline wise I have no clue how everything fits in especially with Units Beta and Alpha.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Fri May 28, 2010 11:41 pm

View Original PostSynapsid wrote:Given that it's from a pachinko a video of course exists, and a copy is floating around in Youtube.

Thanks! Finally a better version than the ones which were upped a couple of months ago. But...does someone have a link to an even better one? The guy/gal who posted this on YT said the original is from here:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7792009
But the site wants you to create an account and log in, which is kinda annoying, and maybe it's not even better. If someone has a HQ version, pls PM me awright?
:smirk:

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:00 am

Managed to nab this one from gainax.fr (a french Gainax fansite):
[URL=http://img530.imageshack.us/i/storyboardeva3.jpg/]Image[/URL]
It appears that Kaworu or Mari is actually saying something there. Or maybe it's just a voiceover. My French ain't too hot, but i think the poster who put it up said this is from a draft version of the trailer for 3.0.

Anyone care to give it a shot?

Also, it's good to see that the creators envision Kaworu in NME with his patented "hands glued into pockets" approach. Since Kaji will probably loose his cool and do something drastic in the next movie, it will be up to Kaworu to fulfill the inappropriately flippant and nonchalant at any given moment quota.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Aozora
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Aozora » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:35 am

Sloppy writing... I think Kaworu says 「君もまた…」in the second panel and
「仕組まれた子供なのかい?」in the third.
Can't think of what it means right now...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Not sure, BUT for what I can make out, this is Mari inside Eva-05. Also, for what it's worth, there is a sequence in one of the Pachinko games of Kaworu saving Mari during the Tunniel battle, I think that might be what's going on here.

Interesting nevertheless.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Anno, you better know what you're doing, 'cuz I sure don't.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:04 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Not sure, BUT for what I can make out, this is Mari inside Eva-05. Also, for what it's worth, there is a sequence in one of the Pachinko games of Kaworu saving Mari during the Tunniel battle, I think that might be what's going on here.

2.0 could've been so much more interesting than what they decided to go with. Here's to hoping that 3.0/4.0 will have this much mindfuckery.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Jisho to the rescue, this is based on what Aozora managed to make out. Kaworu's lines are interesting.

Second Panel: Kaworu: You are again...

Third Panel: Kaworu: A plotting child?

(Or Children plotting, but that sounds weird.)

I guess it's just hitting the point home that Mari has some of her own plans/motives, whatever the hell they may be. Of course, Kaworu seems to have his own.

Still, interesting...

Aozora
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Aozora » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:14 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Jisho to the rescue, this is based on what Aozora managed to make out. Kaworu's lines are interesting.

Second Panel: Kaworu: You are again...

Third Panel: Kaworu: A plotting child?

(Or Children plotting, but that sounds weird.)

I guess it's just hitting the point home that Mari has some of her own plans/motives, whatever the hell they may be. Of course, Kaworu seems to have his own.

Still, interesting...

仕組まれた is passive tense, so he's saying Mari is a child that was "plotted." Here are some examples of the word I looked up, if anyone's interested http://eow.alc.co.jp/%E4%BB%95%E7%B5%84%E3%81%BE%E3%82%8C/UTF-8/?ref=sa

Now this is just speculation, but Kaworu's lines here remind me of his line about Shinji being the "Third again." Like there are alternating universes where Shinji is always the Third Child and Mari is involved in the same way she is here. Maybe he's commenting on how the pilot-choosing system is rigged, how they aren't picked just because they'll do well but because they are special (Shinji is Gendo and Yui's son, Rei has lilith's soul etc).

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:08 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Managed to nab this one from gainax.fr (a french Gainax fansite):

That storyboard is from one of the CR Evangelion games. It was published (along with other scenes such as Eva 04 carrying Eva 01 "princess style"...) in the CR Evangelion 始まりの福音 Extra Book magazine (which I happen to have, so I double checked).
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Ahh, so it IS from one of the Pachinko scenes.

Thanks to you both for clarifying.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:03 pm

plottING child - Mari as independent element / he commented a lot on the other Children he met/ has wanted to meet them some time in advance
He might be saying that she is 'plotting' AS WELL, marking one of the many similarities between the two of them.

plottED child - He says something similar in ep. 24. One translation I know has him saying "Yes, meh te 5th Child, I'm also one of the chosen children', and another has him saying 'one of the PLANNED' children - i.e, refering to the prophecy thing/ everything being 'planned' a theme that is more prominent in rebuild.

Dunno which translation is right...
But the expresson looks more like 'serious Proto!Mari'...

Nah, just by the way, what DO they say in the pachinko scene? I've seen it, but couldn't find any translation.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:46 am

View Original PostLiLi wrote:That storyboard is from one of the CR Evangelion games.

Oh fiddlesticks, and here i thought it was something relevant. Thanks for the translations, anyways.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:07 pm

View Original PostAdam wrote:Thanks! Finally a better version than the ones which were upped a couple of months ago. But...does someone have a link to an even better one? The guy/gal who posted this on YT said the original is from here:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7792009
But the site wants you to create an account and log in, which is kinda annoying, and maybe it's not even better.

Anyone who wants to see the better quality version without having to to do the Nicovideo sign up dance can see it here.

And maybe I'll have better luck asking over here. Anyone know where I can find a high quality version of this image from the game?

I've been importing random CR Evangelion pachinko magazines that are focused on The Final Messenger/The Beginning & the End, but no luck so far. All the versions I've found have text going across his face etc.

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:31 am

Thanks for the link! I couldn't use the DL link down the page. While it seems like they have a link each for user with or without an account, it didn't really work. So I got some 21,4 MB file from my temp internet files. Is this the biggest file you can get from there? I mean, the frame rate etc is very nice already...

About the Kaworu pic: I can take a look around convenience stores here. They usually sell these magazines. Just happened to look for Pachinko mags (for Souten no Ken - whatsoever) a couple of days ago, and even thought that particular Eva game is kinda "old" I think they still had some mags covering it. Let's see...

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Hmm, yeah, that page is giving me an error message now too, even though I was just watching it over there a day or two ago. What I linked to was the best version of that scene I'd managed to find. Nico Video has a low quality & high quality version... I know the Youtube version is ~8MB, so ~21MB sounds about right.

That would be great if you come across a magazine with that image in it, so I'd at least know which one to aim for. I can't believe there are so many for the same game! (And I checked out your location for a clue to where pachinko magazines are sold... South Pole, huh? :chuckles: )

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”