People who make films: post them here

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

People who make films: post them here

•      
  •      

Postby Enki v.2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Here's a couple to start you off:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GidBdTF7lcE
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5656033086918368042#
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6548440393771770546#

I wrote and filmed the first one, wrote directed and starred in the second one, and filmed and directed the third (though I'm uncredited). I did editing work on all of them.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:58 pm

As I said before, my mid-year thesis film for my Freshman year is still in post-production, but I've worked on some other non-serious projects in my spare time.

My Vimeo Page:
http://vimeo.com/user4865073/videos

The winter festival footage isn't actually a film. It's just a bunch of raw clips.

Android Red Credit: Director of Photography

It's a little avant-garde, experimental project my friend came up with. We shot it with Kodak 7266 film on two 16mm Arri Cameras with 10mm and 25mm prime lenses. The film is quite overexposed, mostly because I heard stories about needing to overexpose with the 7266 stock. It actually reacted better than I (and others) credited it. We shot it at Five Points in Queens, this large graffiti-art complex.

Enjoy the miserable acting. We're all cinematography students.

Tragedy as Farce

Just some footage of the 42nd street subway that I got. Nothing special really. I put some Zizek over it.

When I finish my big project, I'll make sure to post it.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:37 pm

"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:51 pm

although I haven't recorded anything with my new digital camcorder, I have made a bunch of weird ass shit with a VHS recorder back in 2006 (including a silly faux comedy slasher film where I play all of the characters), but I need a VHS Tape Ripper in order to post 'em :(
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:16 pm

Faux comedy slasher film as in it's not a real comedy or it's not a real slasher film?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 pm

It's been a while since I've done anything film/video-wise. The last thing I did was machinima:

Paint the Line: a 48 Hour Machinima
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmbjAKeAOCE

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:35 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Faux comedy slasher film as in it's not a real comedy or it's not a real slasher film?

not a real slasher film

its really goofy and not scary at all

I can definitely make a scary movie these days, but I need some actors (and other folks) to help that cause :P
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 pm

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote:not a real slasher film

its really goofy and not scary at all

I can definitely make a scary movie these days, but I need some actors (and other folks) to help that cause :P

If you want to shoot in Maryland I would be glad to act for you. I also know the best places in Maryland to shoot a horror film. I'm a double threat. And there are some pretty great places to shoot here.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:03 am

heh

once my filmmaking career gets off the ground (which could take a few years or so), i'll contact you for a small part

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:38 am

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote:heh

once my filmmaking career gets off the ground (which could take a few years or so), i'll contact you for a small part

Great, I haven't done serious acting for a while. In fact the only acting I have done is acting like I care at my family reunion.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:54 am

My pro-choice film instructor wouldn't sign out cameras for a short film I wanted to shoot on the subject of abortion called Sweet Sixteen, so I created another shot film project called Live Action Anime, had him sign out cameras for that, then used those cameras to shoot Sweet Sixteen after every day of shooting Live Action Anime. I got both projects done, and he didn't even know I was shooting Sweet Sixteen until it was too late for him to do anything about it.

And that's how I learned to work the "studio system".

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:18 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:And that's how I learned to work the "studio system".

That deserves uproarious applause.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:56 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:My pro-choice film instructor wouldn't sign out cameras for a short film I wanted to shoot on the subject of abortion called Sweet Sixteen, so I created another shot film project called Live Action Anime, had him sign out cameras for that, then used those cameras to shoot Sweet Sixteen after every day of shooting Live Action Anime. I got both projects done, and he didn't even know I was shooting Sweet Sixteen until it was too late for him to do anything about it.

And that's how I learned to work the "studio system".
what?

you didn't act cute about the controversy and just claim it was a tribute to Juno?
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Enki v.2 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Now that I have some free time, I might get back into doing animation. The only animation I've done has been UI mockups, but I have some pretty badass UI mockups (including one representing a system with a reasonably complex 3d environment -- that I did frame-by-frame entirely in GIMP).

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:That deserves uproarious applause.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hahaha! Thank you. ^_^

View Original PostTHE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:what?

you didn't act cute about the controversy and just claim it was a tribute to Juno?

Haha! No. I wasn't gonna allow my instructor to push me into annoying my audience with mindless babbling dialogue in the name of "giving tribute" to Juno. And besides, the cool side-effect of pulling that stunt was that Live Action Anime was listed as the class project whereas Sweet Sixteen was undocumented, therefore allowing it to have no deadline and no outside influences that I didn't approve of.
:mwahaha: UNLIMITED POWAAAAHH!!! :mwahaha:

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Enki v.2 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:08 am

Ran, Android Red was epic.

Presumably you all have seen this already (or rather, its equivalent last year): http://firstchurchofspacejesus.blogspot.com/2010/12/2011-no-budget-film-contest.html

We managed to get a couple really nice entries.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:48 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Sweet Sixteen was undocumented, therefore allowing it to have no deadline and no outside influences that I didn't approve of.

I have mixed reactions. I might as well get my obvious bias out of the way, because I am very, very, very much pro-choice. I thought the film was preachy and manipulative at times, but the final scene with the narrator (and what I presume is the pregnant daughter she eventually had?) grounded the anti-abortion dogma into a very personal human story that, although a bit over-sentimental, was still a twinge heartbreaking. I do find it a bit hard to swallow that an abortion is the kind of thing somebody would regret their entire lives, but I'm admittedly not very educated on the emotional aspect, and motherhood is a strange and alien thing to me, so after some deliberation, it is probably quite likely.

What I must compliment you on is the abortion scene itself. I love how we never see the abortionist's face, it makes the whole thing very clinical and detached, and keeping the camera close to the pregnant girl the entire time establishes a deeper connection with her. The crying baby noises only added to the effect, and make the whole scene very unnerving and unreal. Easily the highlight of the film for me. All in all, it's not a film I agree with, but it's a film I can respect.

FreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Live Action Anime

This was just silly.

Also, I don't understand how the villain can kill the creator, and then not be able to continue on with the fight. Because if he's bound by the plot that the creator makes, then the only way he'd be able to kill the creator is if the creator wrote it, which means that this was just an elaborate suicide on his part. But if he didn't need the creator, then there would be no need for a stalemate to occur, because he's in control of his own life. There's a fundamental contradiction here. How can he kill his creator, by his own will, then turn around and still be bound by the will of a dead man, whom he already rebelled against and murdered!?

Is this short supposed to be some sly attack on Existential vs. Christian beliefs!? Are we free to rebel against God, then screwed when we do?
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Filmfags of EvaGeeks, let's unite to force Xard into uploading and posting his grand masterpiece, Don Quijox!
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:14 pm

^THIS!
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 pm

it's bad enough you guys know about it, geez

Return to “Film and Video”