Pictures thread 1.11 reboot

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 am

That's fine, because I'm only gay for you in the straightest possible way. I would say I'm curved for you. No, that would imply me being messed up. I'm parallel for you; and if I'm drunk, I might even get to perpendicular. Or would you have to be drunk? We shall see. Wait, no we won't.

But I do see the other thing you mean. My current jacket is very nice, and I'll probably wear layers to make sure I can wear it in cold winters, after I drop a few pounds. I'll probably need the layers anyway, especially after loosing all of this nice insulation.

---

Actually, I'm a filthy liar. In what regard? In regards to saying that I could never be mistaken for a child. Yesterday, I took a black and white photo with Lizzy, Editrice of the glorious Toucan Literary Magazine (which I'm stilling plugging in my sig, and all of you writers out there should submit to) and for whatever reason, I look positively cherubesque. I blame the combination of my chubby cheeks and the over-exposure (thank you, blinding flashes). Look at me, I almost look almost adorable; and it's awful.

"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:28 am

View Original Postran1 wrote:On set for a particular film that I was working on.

Consider that me at my worst. Long nights and even longer days. I've gotten maybe 10 hours or so of sleep in the past three days. Not exactly best for my health.

Nice pics, ran1. I hope you get some more sleep before you end up passing out.

Also, you wear glasses?

Edit: Cool pics, Mugwump. Athough you look really, really sad in that last one.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 am

Hipsters hipping hips. Dayumn, ran. You and your CAMERAH~ are a perfect match. This just makes my urge to buy a shotgun mic and portable recorder even worse - because I want to look like a hipster filmmaker as much as you do.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:50 am

On the photoboothing note, I was in one today:

And one with the same people, but like two weeks earlier and with some other dude in it.

- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:58 am

Sachi, what's with the tongue? I recall you doing that in the past as well.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:55 am

So what I've learned/wondered about during last 3 pages:

- why birdy doesn't have custom rank of official EGF camwhore by now?
- there are androgynous people on EGF and I don't understand a fuck about irrational american measuring methods. The fuck is 6'3 or 6'6 in centimeters? Convert already to metric system you scientific illiterates!
- no matter how hard I'd try I could possibly never catch up with Mugwump's wondrous wit and this leaves me in despair
- ran1 looks so ridiculously hipstery and pretentious I don't even
- When time comes to take pics Sachi starts to behave like 13 year old teen girl on "IRC"

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:40 am

Sachi, your friends are hot. They aren't thirteen too, are they?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:36 am

View Original PostXard wrote:6'3 or 6'6 in centimeters?
75 * 2.54 and 78 * 2.54 respectively.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:55 am

View Original PostOz wrote:Hipsters hipping hips. Dayumn, ran. You and your CAMERAH~ are a perfect match. This just makes my urge to buy a shotgun mic and portable recorder even worse - because I want to look like a hipster filmmaker as much as you do.

Shotguns are homosex. Get a portable recorder with a decent internal mic. And some lavaliers. Well, get the lavs if you're doing a documentary. That's what that particular set was for.

That's what I usually use on set, at least here in New York. It gets windy as fuck and shotguns attached to the camera end up being useless even with a windscreen. I imagine it gets cold and windy up there in the North Pole -- I mean Finland, as well.

Child of Lillith wrote:Also, you wear glasses?

Lately I've been lazy and not putting my contacts in.

Xard-chan wrote:ran1 looks so ridiculously hipstery and pretentious I don't even

Pfft. Not even close. THIS is hipster:

SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://img814.imageshack.us/i/55353154810097898564100.jpg/]Image[/URL]
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:22 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:The fuck is 6'3 or 6'6 in centimeters?

190 and 197 cm.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:33 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:Sachi, what's with the tongue? I recall you doing that in the past as well.

I didn't in yesterday's Santa picture where nobody bothered to tell me that my eyes were closed.

- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:25 pm

@ran: Attaching the mic to a camera and using internal mics? Laughingwhores.jpg

Anyway, I was talking about sound recording on its own - because that's what fascinates me more at the moment. I'd love to do something close to what Tadanobu Asano does in Cafe Lumiere. Just get a good audio recording set and go out there and record sounds. Repeat that for days and then categorize all the sounds. Then upload them to hitrecord or something like that. Recording sounds without a clear goal in mind - yeah, I'm crazy.

Besides, I don't have a proper crew around here so there's no chance for me to shoot films even if I had the equipment.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Oz wrote:Besides, I don't have a proper crew around here so there's no chance for me to shoot films even if I had the equipment.

bullshitexcuses.aif

>get Xard out of lolifutasexland
>have him D.P.
>order/rent a DSLR online
>have family and friends act
>illegally download or steal an editing suite
>post on vimeo
>???
>profit

Kubrick said just go out and make films. He's right, you know.
What I just greentexted is basically what Kevin Smith did, except replace all the digital shit with good old fashioned 16mm.
And it was ten times harder for him explicitly because film was his only option.

There's no reason to not go out and make films for yourself if you love the medium.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:51 pm

There's always animation, or using a shitty webcam. If all else fails, you can edit with mencoder or kino. A while back I was working on a video editing suite as a plugin to vim.

There's a lot to be said for constraints. Give yourself crazy-hard constraints and no matter how bad the outcome is, it'll be awesome given the constraints.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Guys, Ran isn't a hipster; he's a Jean-Luc Godard cosplayer. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a point, though. The technology and resources we have available today has really made film-making easier than ever. I've only had the joy of making a film once; some lame project for an 11th grade English class. I really enjoyed it (and not just because I got to wear a dress) even though by the end of the two days it took to shoot, I was completely exhausted and didn't want to speak to anybody. (In other words, the best kind of exhausted.)

The only reason I don't try to make more short films is because I'm incredibly anal. I'd probably spend three hours adjusting the lights, then shoot about sixty takes. My few friends would quickly become fed up with me and walk out, because not only would I be exceptionally difficult to deal with, but I'd be expecting too much from those lazy bastards. That's largely why I stick to writing fiction, because it's a medium where I feel like I have complete control, and can fiddle around and rewrite as much as I damn well want. Plus, all the shitty fiction I wrote when I was sixteen, I could rewrite and make into something good. How could I fix a film that I've made and hated? I don't know.
Last edited by MugwumpHasNoLiver on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:06 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Guys, Ran isn't a hipster; he's a Jean-Luc Goddard cosplayer.

I don't recall what Goddard looks like, but that made me laugh.
Voluntary Illusion.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:33 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:Lately I've been lazy and not putting my contacts in.

Oh thank god. I was afraid they were just an affectation on your part so you could look more pretentious.

SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://img814.imageshack.us/i/55353154810097898564100.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Man, those guys look totally board. I thought filmmaking was supposed to be fun.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:25 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Oh thank god. I was afraid they were just an affectation on your part so you could look more pretentious.

You mean like [s]99%[/s] all of the stuff he does?

child of Lilith wrote:Man, those guys look totally board. I thought filmmaking was supposed to be fun.

Come on Chil' Lil (that's your nickname from now on), hipsters are too cool for fun.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 pm

^Oh Mugwump, you always know how to make me laugh. :hitthetable:

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:02 am

View Original Postran1 wrote:>get Xard out of lolifutasexland

As if that was possible in the real world.

View Original Postran1 wrote:>order/rent a DSLR online

As if I had the money for it.

View Original Postran1 wrote:>have family and friends act

Dad is always busy with work and mom is busy with maintaining the huge home. Sisters live elsewhere and brother is always on the move. As for friends, I only know one friend who can act a little - and even that is only for lulz. The others would not take it seriously - or ask for beer after every take.

View Original Postran1 wrote:>illegally download or steal an editing suite

Oh you.

View Original Postran1 wrote:There's no reason to not go out and make films for yourself if you love the medium.

Umm, yes there is. I don't want to get myself burned out on film so I'm trying to feed all of my interests (film, literature, writing, origami and language/translation studies) equally so there's really no time for me to spend for such a time-consuming task. Besides, I wouldn't have a script ready nor the enthusiasm to try and put together a film that would last longer than a day at best.

Return to “Old Stickies”