What anime are you watching right now? Feb-Dec 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:41 am

Just watched the new episode of Shiki. It was fucking awesome. The show had been taking it slow for the past few episode, so it was great to have them go all out again.
SPOILER: Show
My favorite part was when the girl who lost her whole family to the shiki finally finds out who really killed most of them and them proceeds to go apeshit on the killer. It was a long time coming and beautiful sight to behold.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:57 am

Yeah, it was good to see (since the last episode) that they're finally starting to fight back.

Born of Lilith
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Born of Lilith » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:08 am

Elfen Lied.
SWAG
ME
THE
FUCK
OUT

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:28 am

View Original PostBorn of Lilith wrote:Elfen Lied.

:fistshake:

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:48 am

I don't get it, does Toe Mash hate that series?
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

GVman
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby GVman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:45 am

The main thing I'm watching right now is the original Macross. I just got to ep 11 and the mention of "Protoculture" really peaked my interests.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:24 am

Expect a lot more talking and horrid music with misleading previews, proceed with caution. Plus they won't give answers until ep 30 or so.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:42 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I don't get it, does Toe Mash hate that series?

Yes. Just those 2 words together make me cringe.
And they were said without any context, as though he's baiting me. But I saw through you, bastard!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:29 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I don't get it, does Toe Mash hate that series?
For some reason, all the "cool kids" hate on that anime these days. This not being /a/, it is officially perfectly OK to like Elfen Lied.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:41 pm

I liked Elfen Lied because it was interesting and...

-fuck it, who am I kidding.
It was very very gory and I enjoy gratuitous violence.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:54 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:For some reason, all the "cool kids" hate on that anime these days. This not being /a/, it is officially perfectly OK to like Elfen Lied.

In all fairness, I wasn't one of those people that thought it was a masterpiece before coming to /a/. Some of it was really embarrassing to watch the first time around, but it was a little hard to evaluate as I hadn't seen many other series at the time.

Actually, outside of /a/ (EGF, MAL etc.) I was surprised that people were really praising EL, and it nearly seemed like it's unanimously considered a very good watch, which I found perplexing, but whatever.

Slightly more on topic:

Amagami SS 23 - Ah, this arc was supposedly the main one in the game and they are not disappointing so far. The lame and cliched class rep character going psycho mode is really fun. I just wonder when they will fuck things up, as usual.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Dropped EL episode 1. Couldn't take the character designs seriously. They reminded me too much of School Days, and possibly also some hentai I once watched, since I liked School Days and didn't have a problem with its CD when I was watching it.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:55 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:possibly also some hentai I once watched
IIRC the studio that did it are better known as purveyors of hentai.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:17 pm

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?p=38&q ... w=1&show=0

(It's just a list of anime produced by Studio Arms, EL's studio)

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:IIRC the studio that did it are better known as purveyors of hentai.

Seems like it, lol. And for some reason it really upsets me that they also produced Genshiken.. :chinscratch:

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:21 pm

What are guys getting so fussed over? Links between eromanga and anime and so called "legitimate" works and creators are far, far closer than in the western world. GAINAX itself produced hentai game based on Gunbuster in early 90s.

Born of Lilith
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Born of Lilith » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Just finished watching EL. I really liked it a lot. I don't care about what the 4chan neckbeards think of it or what else the studio has produced; it had very good character development and delivered an engaging story without any bullshit filler, which are two things I find are sorely lacking in a lot of the obscure anime the elitists get boners over.
Last edited by Born of Lilith on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:43 pm

I shall steal a little of Brik's thunder here :- http://awesomelyshitty.wordpress.com/20 ... ied-rules/

and say that he just about nailed it.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

Postby planet news » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:44 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:I'm not sure if it's able to replace Tatami Galaxy as the show of the year yet (yes, I liked Tatami THAT MUCH).
five episodes in... this is one of the greatest things I have ever seen
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:51 pm

View Original Postplanet news wrote:five episodes in... this is one of the greatest things I have ever seen

Are you talking about Tatami Galaxy or Kuragehime? In any case, that's awesome.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Born of Lilith
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Born of Lilith » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:58 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I shall steal a little of Brik's thunder here :- http://awesomelyshitty.wordpress.com/20 ... ied-rules/

and say that he just about nailed it.

Gratuitous violence, violence against women, violence against children and incest in anime... unheard of.

Hey wait a sec.

Return to “Old Stickies”