SSD's Visual Novels (Windows only, sorry!)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:41 pm

I extracted the files from the single Megaupload ZIP into the same folder I have Novelty installed in and the sound works fine.

...Except that may be because SSD already gave them to me to test the demo. I don't remember.

(I ripped many of the sprites from the PS2 game for the VN, by the way. SSD didn't credit me for some reason.)
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:02 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:(I ripped many of the sprites from the PS2 game for the VN, by the way. SSD didn't credit me for some reason.)

I'm pretty sure you're credited in the credits section (which plays in between 2.22 and Q).

View Original PostKaname Langley wrote:Miss Start Dust, MF please!

Mediafire's there on the first page: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=404208#404208

And how to get sound is here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=404846#404846

Glad you like it! ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Errr SSD-chan I mean the sound on MF
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:54 pm

First, download this program (save it into the same folder) and run the game through that.

If the sound still doesn't work, Google and save d3dx9_37.dll and fmodex.dl into the same folder as the game.

Hope that helps.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 pm

Oh, you bet I approve. Two thumbs up on some fine work, ma'am. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

farmboy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby farmboy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Anyone other than me having trouble downloading the first file from Mediafire? Got all the others except that one. It will sit at the 'processing download request...' for several seconds then the page reloads once or twice then stops, never getting to the 'click here to start download' page. Tried with IE7 and Firefox 3.0 to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Alex

UPDATE:

Just found the link for the huge .zip file and am now downloading that, so please disregard the above post.
Somebody check my brain...

DoubleZeva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DoubleZeva » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:47 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Yeah, but I don't know much programming nor currently have time to learn. I'm keeping it in mind for future reference though. :nod:

I never tried it but supposedly RenPy is easy to use. It uses a scripting langauge, but you don't need to know actual programing.

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Why_Ren%27Py%3F
Puru Puru Puru Puru

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:06 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:If the sound still doesn't work, Google and save d3dx9_37.dll and fmodex.dl into the same folder as the game.

Hope that helps.

I have those two. Descargando the other one.
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:38 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:The Mediafire(6 parts) one doesn´t work.

It always says that it can´t find "fmodex.dll" and that I should reinstall the application.

That's a frequent computer error. You can download that fmodex thing on the internet. I had to get it as well.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:14 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:That's a frequent computer error. You can download that fmodex thing on the internet.
While d3dx9_37.dll is a matter of picking up the appropriate back-version DirectX/Direct3D version 9 runtime from Microsoft (since recent OS versions ship with DirectX 10 or later), fmodex.dll is a third-party audio library -- so the error is really in the assumption that the end user will already have this installed by other means; and not providing at least a link to the vendor's site at http://www.fmod.org/index.php/download

Given that the non-commercial license for the library is very liberal, and the file size less than a megabyte, it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect it to actually be included in the bundle.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:51 pm

^

Word.

Looks like I´ll be finally able to play this today :D

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:03 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Given that the non-commercial license for the library is very liberal, and the file size less than a megabyte, it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect it to actually be included in the bundle.

I'll be sure to include the file in an updated bundle of this then. I was somehow under the impression that actually linking to those files were some sort of violation. Thanks for the headsup!

die-yng
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby die-yng » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:41 am

Thanks!
This is an impressive work. To think there are actually games like this, with lower quality for which you have to pay....
Thank you for the effort.

Interesting ideas for Q, maybe we might see a few of them in the actual flic.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Yay~ I'm looking forward to downloading and devouring this when I've got some time. ^_^
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:24 pm

The following are various Eva Visual Novels I started on, but never finished. Most were still in developmental hell so if you don't see character sprites or the game abruptly ends, that's why.

As a reminder, the program I use, Visual Novelty, is WINDOWS ONLY.

I'm posting this in the hopes that it'll give fans some mild amusement and maybe spark creative ideas for fanfiction/whatever else. If people want to continue or rework these games on their own, feel free, I never finished them so I don't mind.

EDIT: If you're curious about some of the resources I used for making these incomplete games, you can nab them from this post.

Game info/sample images & links  SPOILER: Show

First things first: Make sure FMODEX.DLL is extracted with the exe file of the game otherwise it doesn't work!! (They both have to be in the same folder, which I included in the following downloads.)

Screenshot examples come from the Visual Novel building program, that's why they may look different from the presented "demo product".

Episode 24' AU was inspired by the Eva2 game with how Kaworu can survive. This game was supposed to have 3 characters you could play as--Shinji, Asuka, or Rei--and gradually resolve their personal conflicts and them possibly finding happiness in a supposedly "Third Impact averted" scenario/environment. I think this was going to have dating sim elements. IIRC regarding the choices, Shinji could chose between Asuka or Kaworu (Rei would be off-limits due to squick*), Asuka could choose between Shinji, Kaworu, or Rei, and Rei could choose between Kaworu or Asuka (Shinji would also be off-limits for Rei). *The game would have implied that Shinji and Rei decided to slowly have a sibling bond, complete with some form of sibling jealousy (Waaah, Father loves Rei more) but eventual acceptance. Somewhat slim pickings with dating options, but if Tokyo-3 was still evacuated, Nerv has to continue working together first and foremost.

Of course, the game file probably has more workings in the background that the game demo doesn't show.

One More Final: I Need You is a post-3I story about Shinji and Asuka. Something of a romance and a hopeful spin of people returning from the LCL Sea, but bad ends within the game are still possible. At the very end if you played the game "right", Misato and Kaji would reunite with Asuka and Shinji, having recently reformed. There would also be an option to be romantically involved with Asuka or just stay as friends for the time being.

Like the above demo, same thing applies here.

I'll go on loving someone else was a game idea that eventually evolved into the (now defunct?) Tumblr RP with Shinji and the others. (Check out the "About me" page.) Shinji arrives in Tokyo-3 like the series, but Asuka and Misato arrived together from Germany. Various series divergences would have occurred, in some ways this would have been a "NGE with NME elements/characters but stays within the NGE universe" story, if that makes any sense.

Same thing applies to this demo as the others.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:58 pm

EDIT: This once relevant post doesn't matter anymore, never mind.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Wiith good quality flash sticks at under a tenner for 16GB, and spinning rust coming by the terabyte, space should no longer be an issue.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Any money I have is being saved up for some important RL issues, but good point.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:53 pm

While cleaning up my computer, I found these files. I updated the download link on the first page accordingly if anybody is interested in playing this. We sure were all wrong about 3.0's content, eh? -o-;

Compared to my ancient fanfiction, I'm damn proud of my work on this because it ended up looking semi-professional. Sparked some thoughts over here...

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:37 am

How did I not notice this? As soon as I get home, I'm downloading these.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “Fan Works”