How Fuyutsuki made Rei

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Zuggy
Banned

How Fuyutsuki made Rei

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:08 am

Fuyutsuki states that Rei is a product of his despair, nobody thus that I know of, knows the reason for this unless you use the symbol in the room where Rei was created. Go the animatic (contained in the extras) on volume six of the platinum edition, then go to (on my DVD player it shows up as 010:18:00) the scene with Ritsuko, Misato and Shinji in the Room of Reis. You’ll get a crystal clear shot of the symbol, then look at this:

Keep in mind that Gendo, Fuyutsuki are members of Seele, which is a cult (which uses loads of occult symbols, not least the triangle that is suppose to have 7 Hebrew letters engraved on it, but instead has seven eyes).

This symbol is taken from a resource on qabalistic magick. If you want the name of the specific name of the book then PM me, it would be irresponsible of me to write it openly.

The ring of names around the outside are the names of 72 (or 31, depending from which caste you call) demons, now, this system is very unusual because the idea is to draw out these demons and put them in a body, which is then tied to the magicians will or intent no matter what, usually there is a bargaining between the demon and magician to reach an understanding of what both of them are prepared to do for each other, but not in this case, the will of the demon becomes that of the magician who calls forth its being into a vessel.

Much like the enochian angels, these spirits are very uncommunicative and are not suited to conversation at all, a la Rei.

I think the part in the middle has something to do with…

… and the progressive geometry needed to manifest a soul from the void (and the map for biological growth).

Back to how Fuyutsuki made Rei, like I said in the first paragraph he says that Rei is a product of his despair, obviously his despair is centred around Yui. This is interesting because with the birth of psychology many people went back over occult texts to apply their theories about the psyche to the realm from which the above symbols are derived.

During recent years, many ceremonial magicians with a background in psychology have postulated that the demons of the ------ are the base and negative traits of the human psyche. While there is certainly a basis for this idea, it must be understood that this does not diminish the possible danger of incorrectly conjuring and commanding these forces. These "archetypes," if you will, are not simply within the mind of the magician. They are in the psyche of each individual, as well as in the collective psyche of humanity. To illustrate psychologically, suppose the magician invokes a demon representing anger and ferocity, with the intent of utilizing the demon's aggressive nature to assist him in obtaining employment. If the magician does not properly control his anger, it may break free and cause a severe imbalance.

The shape of Rei is a product of Fuyutsuki’s despair over Yui, keep in mind all members of Seele deal with occult forces. Contained within this vessel is a spirit or demon which is either Lilith herself or, in the hierarchy, Lilith would be Rei’s overlord (which can be interpreted as a mother, amu and ano). To sum that up, Kozo gave his despair substance --- which was Yui-shaped!

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:33 am

In simple english please Zugzwang.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:00 am

Um, I held my peace about this screwy idea when you were promoting it on ALS and A-F, but it needs to be said: Fuyutsuki did not create Rei. You are reading a concrete, literal connotation into the phrase, "product of my despair" that, in the context of the scene in which it appears, is completely uncalled for, and contrary to the plain meaning of the scene taken as a whole:
---
#23'
(In the Reiquarium; Fuyutsuki and Gendo are apparently in the process
of re-investing Rei's soul into a new clone body)
FUYUTSUKI:
Rei...
She is the product of my despair and at the same time,
the vessel of your hope even now.
In the end, I suppose it was unreasonable to expect you to forget.
---
To me, it is plainly obvious that the point here is to explicate and contrast the significance of Rei's existence from Fuyutsuki's POV versus that of Gendo. Rei came into existence as a by-product of the failed attempt to get Yui back after her "tragic" Contact Experiment. We know that Fuyutsuki is secretely in love with Yui, thus his "despair" over the failure to get her back, which is compounded by the fact the he was the one person in whom she had confided her intention before she undertook the CE.

For Fuyutsuki, Rei is a living reminder that he will never see Yui in the flesh (in her young, attractive, Lilim incarnation, at any rate) again. This is contrasted with what Rei is to Gendo: "the vessel of (his) hope", the means by which he plans to be re-united forever with Yui, when the time comes. I'm quite confident that there is nothing here to indicate that Fuyutsuki's words are to be taken in a literal sense, and besides, do I need to point out that everything else in the series points solely to Gendo as the person responsible for Rei's existence:
---
Rei 1:
Why do you possess a false heart and body?

Rei 3:
They are not false, because I am me.

Rei 1:
No, you are a person whose false soul was
created by the human named Gendo Ikari.
You're nothing but an object living a lie, pretending to be a person.
---
---
IKARI:
Come, let us go.
You have existed for this day, today, Rei.

Rei:
Yes!
---
Last edited by Shin-seiki on Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:48 am

Zuggy I think your meaking stuff up here man. I doubt Anno gave a second though to reis creation beyond her being made in Yui's image.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:04 am

Already covered that stuff on the other forums, Shin-seiki, the polarised experience of complementation/the-gap-in-their-hearts by Kozo and Gendo equate to the same totems as seen by Gendo and Kozo during 3I, though Gendo gets the (karmic?) retribution for his actions whereas Kozo doesn't. Hence they're using the same vessel, or the same projection of despair which gained substance for differing reasons, and this is reflected in the final stages of their lives before becoming one with lilith. On the Tree you could visualise this as gendo belonging to the 'right-hand' path and kozo to the left; with yui as the pillar of mildness (which is, remember, the path to godhead) between them.

CanonRap
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CanonRap » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:36 am

Fuyutsuki was a member of Seele?

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:38 pm

I don't think he was, or at least not a main one
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:53 pm

ChronoX wrote:I don't think he was, or at least not a main one
I believe that was a rhetorical question, to which the answer, of course, is not just "No", but "Hell no!"...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: How Fuyutsuki made Rei

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:44 pm

Zugzwang wrote:Fuyutsuki states that Rei is a product of his despair, nobody thus that I know of, knows the reason for this

The loss of Yui resulted in the creation of Rei. The loss of Yui is his despair, because he loved her from afar. Rei is symbolic of Yui, and reminds him of her absence. It's simple enough, it's language not to be interpreted literally. It's what is known as a metaphor.

Zugzwang wrote:Keep in mind that Gendo, Fuyutsuki are members of Seele

Nerv is an arm of Seele. Gendo and Fuyutsuki are the Commander and Sub-Commander of that arm. As such, they have to report to Seele. At no point is it ever suggested that the two are fully fledged members of the society. They are merely in league with Seele, not members of it.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:43 pm

:) Monkey this is why I missed this board :)

System Shocker
Lilith

I tell you what

•      
  •      

Postby System Shocker » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:32 pm

I think Eva Unit-00 gave birth to Rei Ayanime.

ZeroFive1
Lilith

Re: I tell you what

•      
  •      

Postby ZeroFive1 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:37 pm

System Shocker wrote:I think Eva Unit-00 gave birth to Rei Ayanime.

Where's your proof?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:23 pm

DatDude wrote::) Monkey this is why I missed this board :)

For the fact that this is the only Eva forum that hasn't banned Zugswang? Or just the schenanigans in general?

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:10 am

That common sence more or less is the law of the land. People will go on for page after page about this show and find meaning in details anno just though would make either good window dressing or a plot whole he fucked up on.

Here the gods of logic and common sence step on those that rant and rant about Rei's blinking being morse code and gendo being a closet homosexual.

CanonRap
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CanonRap » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:18 am

Shin-seiki wrote:
ChronoX wrote:I don't think he was, or at least not a main one
I believe that was a rhetorical question, to which the answer, of course, is not just "No", but "Hell no!"...

Yep.

System Shocker wrote:I think Eva Unit-00 gave birth to Rei Ayanime.

Ayanime, Rei's evil twin!

The Eva Monkey wrote:For the fact that this is the only Eva forum that hasn't banned Zugswang? Or just the schenanigans in general?

I think it's 'the schenanigans in general'.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:26 am

DatDude wrote:That common sence more or less is the law of the land. People will go on for page after page about this show and find meaning in details anno just though would make either good window dressing or a plot whole he fucked up on.

Here the gods of logic and common sence step on those that rant and rant about Rei's blinking being morse code and gendo being a closet homosexual.

Let's leave this discussion for another time.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:42 am

Deal

On with the show.

No I dont think keel or gendo were ever mentioned as being members of seele. You could say they worked for the orginisation but I dont think either sat at the big table so to speak

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:56 am

Uh I think you meant Kozo there because Keel is the leader of SEELE. :oops:
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:12 am

Opps sorry their my bad

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:20 am

Isn't his (kozo's) title meta-biologist just another name for magician, hence why we have all the occult symbolism tied up with genetic symbolism? Wouldn’t that mean he is part of seele, and gendo looks to kozo as a teacher and isn't gendo an actual member of seele?! (even if kozo was not a member of seele he certainly worked, directly, for them as their magician).

The stuff about being banned everywhere; that's because they can never handle me pointing out all the dynamics and mechanisms behind their mask of BS, which proves they are insane for ignoring such things and trying to sweep-under-the-carpet such assertions.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”