Evangelion 2.0 Complete Records Collection

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote:I really cant how your complaining. All or most of us that got the Eva Complete Records book sets had to pay over 120 bucks (not including shipping) when these were first released back during the summer. You should consider yourself fairly lucky to be able to find a set selling for 105 bucks. And yes it is a heavy book set so its to be expected that you need to pay another 100 bucks for shipping such a heavy 10 pounder of a set.

Actually Amazon shipped it (using DHL) for around 35€ which is way lower than what otacute is asking for (and it's always the same 6 kg books); their shipping is far from perfect (my copy got damaged on the lower side in both the collector and the hard covers) but they took only a 4 days to deliver it (actually it took 5 days because I keep using my correct address but apparently every map use a wrong spelling; I suppose that I'll change to that bad spelling in the future, it's not the first time that I've to wait because of a "non-existing address").
The book is slightly more expensive but the difference in the shipping price is huge, I'd wait to see if Amazon will get resupplied for real in the future (unless you're dying to buy it).

Anyway I wanted to ask one thing:
Thee storyboard books show some scenes that weren't used in the movie (actually I don't understand why scenes like Asuka's mask are present while others like Rei's blowjob are not, it makes me wonder if the first one was planned for real and the second one was only a joke) but there were scenes that were used in the cinema version but were cut in the home video (I never saw the camrip of 2.0).

Kinda unrelated but:
I wonder if we'd have less Eurosceptics if Nerv Europe was a reality...
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:16 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Anyway I wanted to ask one thing:
Thee storyboard books show some scenes that weren't used in the movie (actually I don't understand why scenes like Asuka's mask are present while others like Rei's blowjob are not, it makes me wonder if the first one was planned for real and the second one was only a joke) but there were scenes that were used in the cinema version but were cut in the home video (I never saw the camrip of 2.0).

Rei's *what*? Maybe I missed something...

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:52 pm

View Original Postgwern wrote:Rei's *what*? Maybe I missed something...

It was NAveryW's avatar until some time ago; well it's more like licking but anyway I was only trying to refer to that scene.
EDIT: unlike Soth and TMBountyHunter I didn't receive that orange collector, was it included only with the first orders or they simply forgot it?
My shitty filmstrip (I wanted TEH Rei and I got 00 and 02's arms :crybaby:):
[URL=http://img259.imageshack.us/i/filmstrip.jpg/]Image[/URL]
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:22 am

Now this is interesting.

Anyone with an idea as to what she's saying?

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:37 am

I second that request for translation, please. I'd really love to know what Rei is saying.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:54 am

View Original Postchee wrote:Anyone with an idea as to what she's saying?

What's going on here? From what I'm seeing, it looks like she's pulling the self-destruct on Unit 00 a la episode 23...I guess they really were collapsing Armisael into the Zeruel battle.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Aozora
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Aozora » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:58 pm

View Original Postchee wrote:
Now this is interesting.

Anyone with an idea as to what she's saying?

Do you have a better pic of the dialogue on the top left page? The light is eating up the writing...
One the first page, Rei says "Good bye" and Shinji says "Stop! Ayanami!" The second page is what looks interesting, though.

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:59 pm

View Original PostAozora wrote:Do you have a better pic of the dialogue on the top left page? The light is eating up the writing...
One the first page, Rei says "Good bye" and Shinji says "Stop! Ayanami!" The second page is what looks interesting, though.

That dialogue is just further evidence that it's a self-destruct scene. I mean, between that and the grip & cylinder, it's really hard to imagine what else it *could* be.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:53 pm

View Original PostAozora wrote:The second page is what looks interesting, though.

Random guess:"Grrrrr! I can be replaced! FOR IKARI-KUN!"

If my eyes don't deceive me, in-the-core-ready-to-pull-trigger Rei comes with psychedelic fast moving shapes show, like Shinji when he core dove to get Ayanami out of Zeruel. Also, she has that blood around the mouth spiel on the second which is probably the first (because of lol reading order) page.

Between this and Asuka's face peel, it's almost like the storyboardists came up with some totally awesome ideas for the female characters, which were then transposed onto Shinji in much lamer ways, cause the film strips that got sent over to the theaters would have probably self-destructed if the focus seriously went away from Shinji boy for more then fifteen seconds or whatever. *sigh*
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Aozora
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Aozora » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:16 pm

View Original Postgwern wrote:That dialogue is just further evidence that it's a self-destruct scene. I mean, between that and the grip & cylinder, it's really hard to imagine what else it *could* be.
I realized I said "top left page," I mean the top left of the second page. The first page looks pretty straight forward, but Rei's crazed expression and shouting on the second page is so out of character. It sounds like she's doing this for herself and not for Shinji. But rather than make stuff up, I'd just like to read it.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:44 pm

View Original Postchee wrote:Anyone with an idea as to what she's saying?

Pretty much what Aozora said:

Rei: Goodbye.

Shinji: Stop! Ayanami!!!

Rei: (No idea what the first part says because it's impossible to read with the flash on the camera, better image sauce please!!) I'm doing this for my own sake.

And there's the bottom stuff in moon. OCR not picking up what it says about (I'm assuming) general script notes, but the important part is: "Scene of the 10th Angel's corrosion, Rei's decision to pull Eva-00's lever".

Are there any more of these unused scenarios floating around? I thought Rei/Zeruel licking Eva-01's core, Mari and Asuka piloting together, Mari showing up in bandages like Rei/saying "anta baka" like Asuka and Asuka's experience in Eva-03 were the only "new" ideas but... Just when we think there isn't anything new, there is! :lol:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:41 pm

The top bit that's hard to read starts with: "Watashi wa, watashi ga", then continues with illegible stuff.

So I think its just more "I am, I will do this....etc." sort of thing.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

visionfactory
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby visionfactory » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:05 pm

I can read the dialogue in which the light is on

私ね、私がやひフンとるする 私が 私で あるために

Watashi ne, (Me, right?)
Watashi ga yahi fun torusuru (I don't get the FUN part!! It doesn't make sense!!)
Watashi ga Watashi de Aru tame ni (Because I am me)

Fazmotron

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Fuck it, I'll check my own book.

Ok, so it actually says:

Watashi wa, watashi ga
yashinrukoto o suru.

Watashi ga Watashi de

Arutameni.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Last post then I'm Away. I rendered the "ga" as best as I could given the context.

Rei: Goodbye.

Shinji: Stop! Ayanami!!!

Rei: I, but I, have ambition. I am doing this for my own sake.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:23 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote: You can say that Mari would have ended up being little more than a Soryu's clone but it's not true, her desire to live with others, her attitude towards Shinj

A lonely female character who shows interest in Shinji? NGE has too many of those already. Even the pre-battle lecture followed by a smooch is nothing new--Misato does it in EoE.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:30 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Yes, but when you put these unoriginal characters in the same universe as the ones they're based on, it feels a little bizarre. Mari arriving in Rebuild feels like they had Simon and Naota turn up or something, and the weird part is that this appears to be completely intentional. I seriously don't understand why a character who you can non-negatively describe as "doesn't fit in at all with the tone of her setting and supporting cast" was ever invented.

I don't think that it's so important that they're based on characters from the same "universe" (or better "metaverse"), if you're watching the Rebuild without having watched NGE before (I'm still looking for someone that can share his opinion from this perspective); it can be a little bizarre for us but indeed it's not like it's not bizarre watching Electra(Ritsuko) pointing a gun to Nemo(Gendo) but seeing that the consequences and the development of those characters differ a lot from the one their "originals".
And actually NGE and NME metaverse have several differences (in the events, characterisation and development of the characters), the only thing that keep them together is the EVANGELION trademark and Anno's statements that he wants to "rebuild" Evangelion.
View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Life will be much more fun once you discover sarcasm!

From wikipedia:
This sophisticated understanding can be lacking in some people with certain forms of brain damage, dementia and autism

So let's ban this sarcasm thing once and for all. Anyway I've ordered my sarcasm detector to Santa for this Xmas in the case my proposal isn't accepted, I hope that it really does exist and he'll give me one.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 am

Is there anything in particular about Kaworu in the book?
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 am

View Original Postchaosakita wrote:Is there anything in particular about Kaworu in the book?

There's the production art and all. I imagine he gets some coverage in the interviews, too. (May also be some stuff about him in the 1.0 CRC interviews, but... so much Moonspeak... my eyes... @_@ )
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:15 am

BTW, I noticed there's a whole section dedicated to Teh Slutsuit in the 2.0 book...
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”