Ultimate EVA Special Features DVD

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:45 pm

UPDATE:

Finished encoding these Parodies:

1.) AMV Hell 2: Son of AMV Hell
2.) Eva Bebop
3.) Symbolic Love Story
4.) Gendo Son of God
5.) NERV Evening News
6.) Eva Mentos
7.) The Life That Is Misato (the beer song)

Surprisingly, this only took 522mb!

I was never able to come across a copy of I Think I'm a Clone Now. I only found one copy that was a shitty quality Real Media file. I'm begging you guys for a link to this one, or if barring that, could someone temporarily upload it to their personal web page long enough for me to grab a copy of it?

Thanks (and fortunately I did pass that biochem exam)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:15 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:7.) The Life That Is Misato (the beer song)

*clutches temple*

http://www.evamonkey.com/i_think_im_a_clone_now.mpg

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:41 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
BrikHaus81 wrote:7.) The Life That Is Misato (the beer song)

*clutches temple*

Not a fan of that one? I thought it was funny. I'd love to hear some other opinions of whether or not it should stay or go. And, just to reassure you, that one is first on the chopping block to go in case more space is needed for more important features.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the link to the video! :D

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:46 pm

Incidentally, I have about 900 GB/month of bandwith not being used at the moment, on my webhost so I can host a few direct downloads of this DVD.

jonneh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jonneh » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:42 am

I downloaded this AMV for Evangelion called "Battle of the Mind: Can I Be?" or something. It was by the music Nightwish - Dead Boy's Poem. I don't know what you would think of it, or anyone else here, but I really enjoyed it.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:26 pm

UPDATE:

Here's what has been encoded for the DVD parodies section

1.) AMV Hell 2: Son of AMV Hell
2.) Eva Bebop
3.) Symbolic Love Story
4.) Gendo Son of God
5.) NERV Evening News
6.) Eva Mentos
7.) The Life That Is Misato (the beer song)
8.) I Think I'm a Clone Now
9.) Spike Spenser End of Series Outtakes with Video

I was thinking about including the Neon Semester Avemarian opening and miscellaneous cuts, but my download for some reason contained no audio. Was anyone else's like this? If so, I could easily dub the eva opening theme song over the Avemarian opening, but as for the miscellaneous cuts, I just don't know.

jonneh, that was a pretty good video. Unfortunately, I won't be able to include them all so I had to go ahead and pick what I thought were the best of the best. Also, since the music video section takes up a sizeable chunk of the DVD I think that part is probably done.

Lastly, I checked out the Renewal bonus DVD in order to prepare for the next section, which will probably be Gainax-related extras, like interviews, etc. The Renewal bonus had a few brief interviews and commentary(?) about the characters, but, unfortunately, I do not speak any Japanese. Does anyone have translations or digisubs of the bonus DVD?

jonneh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jonneh » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:38 am

No problem. :)

This sounds like it's going to be really good, I'll be looking forward to it.

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:09 am

I don't remember who made it... But I enjoyed the "Everything You Want" by Verticle Horizon AMV with Evangelion. It's mainly because I really like the song, but the AMV wasn't half bad.

And if you're throwing Ermac studios into the mix... Don't forget to add in "We're in This Together Now" by Nine Inch Nails Evangelion AMV. That's perhaps my favorite Evangelion AMV... At the very least, it's worth considering.

And my Evangelion - Folger's Commercial AMV if I ever gain access to my other hard drive. Seriously, like 5 seconds away from finishing the video and my other hard drive decides it doesn't want to work anymore ;_; What pisses me off most about it is the fact that my hard drive I'm using now absolutely positively refuses to allow Adobe Premier and my Evangelion footage to run together... I cannot make any music videos right now! >.<* (And I need to start making a couple now so I can decide which ones I will submit to the Kumoricon AMV contest.)

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:25 pm

Eternal Yamcha, I'm interested in this Eva Folger's Commercial, sounds interesting. Good luck with you computer. As they say, technology is a wonderful thing...when it works.

jonneh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jonneh » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:35 pm

Eternal Yamcha
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:09 am Post subject:

I don't remember who made it... But I enjoyed the "Everything You Want" by Verticle Horizon AMV with Evangelion. It's mainly because I really like the song, but the AMV wasn't half bad.

I've seen that one floating around as well, it was pretty good but I didn't like it as much as the "Nightwish - Dead Boy's Poem" one. I think the only reasons I liked the one you're talking about is because 1) I like the thought of Asuka/Shinji, and 2) I used to like Vertical Horizon. :)

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:17 am

In case anybody cares...

I fixed the issue with the extras DVD. I was about to re-release it when I finally got a translator to do the Eva documentaries. So, as soon as that is done, I'll release a "remastered" version of the extras DVD.

I imagine this should still be of interest to Eva fans who won't be buying the 10th Anniversary set. Besides, there is no way ADV will be including the music videos and parodies that are on my disc.

System Shocker
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby System Shocker » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:33 pm

Could the "I think I'm a clone now" amv be in higher quality? Wasn't there some random guy totally redoing the Engel video and ripping stuff from the platinum dvds? Even though there is an mpeg-2 version of that already.

defiate
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby defiate » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:55 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:In case anybody cares...

i care! keep up the good work- i really look forward to being able to download the full pack someday with all the EvaMonkeyOmake goodies.... it beats scavenging the internet for it- feels like im looking for a Mr. Lee in china everyday.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:04 pm

System Shocker wrote:Could the "I think I'm a clone now" amv be in higher quality?

The version I have is pretty low quality. I ran it through some filters to clean it up so it didn't look horrendous in the 720x480 dvd resolution. However, if someone was ambitious enough to redo this with Renewal/Platinum footage, I would prefer to include that instead.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:18 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:I was about to re-release it when I finally got a translator to do the Eva documentaries.

Dude! Fucking sweet!

BrikHaus81 wrote:if someone was ambitious enough to redo this with Renewal/Platinum footage, I would prefer to include that instead.

I would be up for the challenge, but I won't have access to video equipment until early in September. If you're still working on the DVD at that time and no one else has remastered it, I'll give it a shot.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:17 pm

System Shocker wrote:Could the "I think I'm a clone now" amv be in higher quality? Wasn't there some random guy totally redoing the Engel video and ripping stuff from the platinum dvds? Even though there is an mpeg-2 version of that already.

Honestly, I was just waiting to hear someone talking about me here =D Even if it is about the randomness of my actions.

BrikHaus81 wrote:The version I have is pretty low quality. I ran it through some filters to clean it up so it didn't look horrendous in the 720x480 dvd resolution. However, if someone was ambitious enough to redo this with Renewal/Platinum footage, I would prefer to include that instead.

I could do that, depending on how much time there is left. Got me the Platinum thinpack to work with here. Although, there was some chibilooking clip in there I'd never seen before.
But really, if you need it done, I'd only be happy to contribute =)

EDIT: Reading page one here, I see that it was googling around and stumbling upon this thread, some months back, that made me wanna redo "Engel" in the first place.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:11 pm

Kaysow,
As you know, I was very impressed with the time, effort, and attention to detail you used in your Engel remake. If you would be willing to do the same for "I think I'm a Clone Now" I would definitely use it. For a while I was considering doing it as well, but that Chibi clip dissuaded me. If you want to do it, have at it.

I mentioned on another forum I frequent that I'm almost glad that I had this disc error because all of a sudden I've gotten a number of offers for higher resolution files, and that translation of the documentaries! This is going to turn out better than before.

I guess in the meantime I can go back to work on my super-secret Evangelion project that has been making me bang my head against the wall, because it's so difficult and time consuming.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:47 pm

Here's a little more info for ya. While waiting for materials to come in for the extras disc, I spent more time working on the "super secret project." I have finished the full-motion video that will play in the background of the DVD's menu. You can download a low-resolution version at my blog (link to my blog is in my signature). The file is about 20megs in size. Or you can just click here. [url]http://rapidshare.de/files/25942757/evavideolowres.mpg.html[/url] Enjoy! :)
Awesomely Shitty

System Shocker
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby System Shocker » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:26 am

Kaysow, just get the scenes from the episodes of the platinum edition, and whatever you can't locate, just use the original 'I think I'm a clone now' AMV.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:07 am

I'm already kinda done with the video. Put in a new, optional, intro that may or not be included in the final product (Just another testscreen). Currently reworking the chibi-rei-pizza-toss animation in flash. It's no biggie.

Took some liberties with the video, as it wasn't all that great to begin with (I still like it tho), and I can't see how I could make it much worse =) Don't worry, there's not very much new stuff.
After I'm done with this last clip, I'm gonna go through it some more and see if I can't tweak anything else.

Then for the upload. Y'all want the uncompressed, interlaced footage, then it's gonna take up some space.

Return to “Fan Works”