Is there a release date for Evangelion 3.0?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:06 pm

I admit that i know jack shit about how animated features are actually made, so if Khara blows us away with a mind-shattering announcement in the near future, then all the better.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:25 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Because leaks are silly and can ruin fantastic surprises for the fans. Why you would want that I have no idea.

I'm not talking about plot points, I'm talking things like, say, the general release date of the film. Or if it's going to be one part or two. That's hardly spoiler alert territory.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:36 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I'm not talking about plot points, I'm talking things like, say, the general release date of the film. Or if it's going to be one part or two. That's hardly spoiler alert territory.

Maybe because literally there is not a final decision about the date?
You can't leak when you know nothing.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:42 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I'm not talking about plot points, I'm talking things like, say, the general release date of the film. Or if it's going to be one part or two. That's hardly spoiler alert territory.

Companies don't like leaks in general because it throws them off their marketing plans, so usually the person responsible will get in trouble, maybe even lose their job, and in this economy is that a risk worth taking? But I agree with the_seventh_child on this, odds are they aren't far enough into the making of the movie to come up with a release date, fans are not happy with a release date that keeps getting pushed back after all.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm not arguing the ethics of leaking, just remarking that it's quite odd that it doesn't happen. Hell, we don't even know how far the film has progressed... 10% complete or 90%, could be either or.

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Nonoriri » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:54 pm

The main staff of Rebuild seem to have worked or are working on Panty and Stocking at the moment it seems. (yes even Anno) Which is kind of interesting.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Anno isn't. The Panty and Stocking thread says his name isn't listed anywhere for the credits: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=391296#391296

And while nobody here (I know I don't) knows for sure what the production process is like for anime, I really don't think it'd be unheard of to have two (or more) different projects going on at different studios.

I mean, there are brainstorming sessions/story-boarding/whatever else that needs to be done before lines can be recorded and sequences can be animated, so I do hope Q's being worked on in some form... >_>
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Nonoriri » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:51 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Anno isn't. The Panty and Stocking thread says his name isn't listed anywhere for the credits: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=391296#391296

And while nobody here (I know I don't) knows for sure what the production process is like for anime, I really don't think it'd be unheard of to have two (or more) different projects going on at different studios.

I mean, there are brainstorming sessions/story-boarding/whatever else that needs to be done before lines can be recorded and sequences can be animated, so I do hope Q's being worked on in some form... >_>

Amazon.jp and another site listed Anno among the talent involved in Panty and Stocking however his name was removed and only Kazuya Tsurumaki and Masayuki remained listed right? Someone had said that perhaps it was merely a listing error...or perhaps that it was meant to be a surprise?

Besides we already knew that Tsurumaki was working on a episode from the Panty and Stocking event thing some weeks ago. The Newtype listing was just reconfirming that.

Assasinate
Lilith

Postby Assasinate » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:07 am

View Original Posttrueno_twentyone wrote:That's sweet! 3.0 by summer of 2010. Not bad. Same as the elections here in the Philippines. Lots of things to expect this summer, I'm getting excited!

@captain: By the looks of it, it would be two different movies. With its success, they'll be milking it more.

that's nice... i think It's quite a GOOD COMBO watching EVANGELION 3.0 w/ my CABAL PH

haha!!
Humans can easily explain the cycle of life because they witnessed it, and they can tell it's story,
But no one can explain why a human need to die because the people who witnessed it can't never tell the tale.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

Postby chaosakita » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:33 pm

I hope that we get news about the next movie soon. On the other hand, maybe the delay means that Khara decided to spend more time on the movie than they thought they would.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

duexmachina
Adam

Postby duexmachina » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:39 pm

I wonder how long 3.0 will be. Seems like all the actions occurred in 2.22. Is there anything we could look forward to? Like a decent kaworu showdown?
So knives out.

facespace
Lilith

Postby facespace » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:46 am

I am assuming that it will be next summer or the summer after that. Are they putting them out at the same time.
PEWPEWPEW

Seph
Adam

Postby Seph » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:24 pm

View Original Postduexmachina wrote:I wonder how long 3.0 will be. Seems like all the actions occurred in 2.22. Is there anything we could look forward to? Like a decent kaworu showdown?

I think it'll be like EoE. First half action-heavy, second half inner-world-heavy.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:33 pm

View Original Postduexmachina wrote:Is there anything we could look forward to?

No. :hahaha:

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:08 am

View Original Postchaosakita wrote:I hope that we get news about the next movie soon. On the other hand, maybe the delay means that Khara decided to spend more time on the movie than they thought they would.
According to Fuyutsuki-bot, 3.0 will be animated entirely on ones and twos and have phoneme-matching lip sync throughout the whole film. That's worth the wait.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:56 am

^ Is that true? Like a legit source? Cause if it is then I'd be very giddy.

Theos
Adam

Postby Theos » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:29 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote: animated entirely on ones and twos and have phoneme-matching lip sync throughout the whole film.

What does this mean exactly?

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:31 pm

It means it's being animated entirely at a continuously high framerate, and that lip movements are being synced fully to dialogue rather than using generic mouth-movement animation for the duration of the speech.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:26 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:^ Is that true? Like a legit source? Cause if it is then I'd be very giddy.
Unfortunately, Fuyutsuki-bot's just our IRC's AI moderator and he's not always reliable.

I say we lock this thread until actual news comes out so I don't have to keep checking this thread every time a new post is made just in case.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:30 am

A new thread would probably be created when news comes out, but yeah. Sounds good to me.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”